Lake water???

• Thread starter bigloudvtwin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigloudvtwin

I/We have a lot of chlorine in our tap water and god only knows what else. I know if I leave the water out overnight or so the chlorine will evaporate out. But what if I go get my water out of a lake? Seems pretty organic to me. Obviously I would check/maintain my ph. Maybe undesireable organizoms in the water there for my bubbling tote? Currently I fill up 5 gallon buckets (3) outta the hose, let em sit overnight add nutes adjust ph then replace water. Any thoughts from all you wise folks? This is my first batch of kush berry and my first go around with very basic hydro.. Peace

slausongardens

slausongardens

i dont think it would be a good idea, just cuz its so nasty, in our world we have to have everything so clean and sterile. but who knows, maybe try it on a couple and see how it does. if its not that bad im curious to how it would do.

go to a lake and check the ppm. lol.

now a creek or a river might be better. a lot better.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I wouldn't do it in hydro,maybe soil. I ran city tap in aero without a problem. I think lake water is gonna cause some funk.

M

midnightrider

lake water ? umm jet skis and boats fuel/exhaust and everything else comes to mind when faced with using lake water --- like mitten said hydro has no buffer , soil does have somewhat of a buffer -- i wouldnt use it

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I've seen outdoor grows done with lake water pumped to the site. But I'm gonna jump onboard with everyone else and say that it would probably be a bad idea in a soilless application.

B

bigloudvtwin

Forgot about the boat exhaust and crap. Like I said probably funk too. Cool thanks for the heads up.

rusty

rusty

lake water will have bug larva in it, you'll get lil bugs in yer res.

also, chlorine doesn't have a negative impact on plant growth, actually it will help as far as pathogens go. Your plants don't live long enough to be toxified by chlorine.

Top Bottom