Lamp led light for seedling stage

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

I saw these led light bulbs at Lowes. I am wondering if I could start out some plants under these bulbs ? Just to get a head start while previous "grow" is finishing up in the tent. A desk lamp with a timer (18/6) should do it. It looks like they come in 9 or 30w. And 2 versions with lightly different red/blue ratios. Which one would be best or should I just forget the whole idea ? Or should I just look for a 4ft. Led plant bulb for a "shop" light ?

Lamp led light for seedling stage
Lamp led light for seedling stage 2
Lamp led light for seedling stage 3
Lamp led light for seedling stage 4
Lamp led light for seedling stage 5
Lamp led light for seedling stage 6
Panhead59

Panhead59

Ok thanks. Grow em about 1ft. ? Then tent them with about 5k lux ? Sound about right ?

Allegedly

Allegedly

I think all the grow lighting stuff at those stores are over priced because theyre selling it to you for plants. cant imagine its leaps and bounds over a regular bulb and a reflector being 9W though.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I saw these led light bulbs at Lowes. I am wondering if I could start out some plants under these bulbs ? Just to get a head start while previous "grow" is finishing up in the tent. A desk lamp with a timer (18/6) should do it. It looks like they come in 9 or 30w. And 2 versions with lightly different red/blue ratios. Which one would be best or should I just forget the whole idea ? Or should I just look for a 4ft. Led plant bulb for a "shop" light ?

I think you would be better off with 2' or 4' single or 2 tube t5 fluorescent lights. I have great success with them . 6500k.....I have one 2 tube 2' I use for seedlings & a 6 tube 4ft for vegging under. I have some of those spot led lights but they don't give the coverage I like...I'll use those 3 or 4 of those pot lights for side lighting when I need it on big plants.

edit You could also go with a Spider Farmer SF1000, a nice little light that's done well for me I haven't flowered under it yet but it veg's very nicely

100 6095
100 6099
100 6101
Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

There we go^^ i use 4 24wat t5ho...brilliant little lights..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Start new at 5000k. By time my plants are 1' they get about 20000lux.
Ya I turn my 2ft light sideways with clones and seedlings are starting so they only get reflective light after about 1 week I give them more but the light is about a foot away . When they're a foot tall my light is within 2 inches of the lamps and they don't burn until they physically touch the light.

TSD

TSD

I use regular fluorescent shop lights to start my seedlings and for the first few weeks. Fyi you can put them much closer than leds, I usually put them a few inches above after the first week, when they are in a dome with the lights probably a foot up.

Kevuk

Kevuk

Ikea 10w Vaxer bulbs are excellent.

The bulbs op posted look similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom