Landlord abuse of electricity bill

• Thread starter sky_blue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky_blue

sky_blue

I run 2-600s in flrw., 1 air pump/stone, 1 dehumidifier, 2 oscillating fans, 1 aquarium style water heater, 800cfm CanMax out-exhaust, and a 650cfm active intake.
The water pump only comes on 3x/day.
The lts. are 12/12
So, ***My landlord tells me this morning (4 weeks left to hrvst) that the electrical bill is $180/month now because of my project. That seemed high, but within the ballpark.
Now my landlady (his wife) tells me it's costing $458/mo. because of my little grow.

Someone help. How can I keep from getting screwed like this?

soserthc1

soserthc1

confused bro , do you pay the electric bill or is it included as I run close to the same as you and my bill is usually about 330ish about 100 more than when all is shut down.... and if its included in your rent ask for a copy of the bill and pay it bro...... or else you will be paying 400 a zip..... somewhere and a smaller electric bill. The way I see it my extra electric bill (for growing) is well worth what I would be paying for MJ that I don't know how its was grown or with what chemical and from where I live , my shit is better than anything I have bought around these parts......also its cool that they even let you grow in a rented house , i sure wouldn't want to let someone grow in my crib

dubble bubble

dubble bubble

Depending on location that doesnt sound too crazy. one 1000 watter on 12/12 costs me about 60 or 70 a month.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Bills get estimated by the power company sometimes. They may have been billing $100 a month when the bill should have been 180 so when it they finally read it, you get one big bill. My budy got hit for for $4000 like that lol For what you running, id guess 700 klw hours at most X what ever they charge per klw. .20 cents would be $140

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Purple might be right in his assessment,180 seems about right but 458 is way high but not if they were estimating,do you have a smart meter?You also may be throwing the building into higher tiers than they would be in without your setup,is each unit metered seperately or is the whole building on one meter and the landlord decides who pays what?
Hard to say whos screwing who here without more facts.

sky high

sky high

Make them show you past bills.... 3-4 months of:

usage when the unit was empty, if possible - this might give you an approx idea of how much power the rest of the building uses on a monthly basis

Or from 3-4 months usage of the last tenant -

the landlord knows what regular usage is. They may be telling you the real deal. if they are they should be willing to show you some proof. Don't just pay what they say...make them show you why you owe it.

If they act upfront and open the books.....pay em and thank 'em for being upfront.

If they balk.... they are screwing you and I'd be wary all the way around.

good luck. Be safe. Cover your ass.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I agree mostly with sky high but you better prepare yourself because they are well within their rights to say ''stop what your doing in our property right now then'' if they feel you are being less than cooperative.As a landlord myself i have to say they are very cool(or not very smart,lol)to let you grow at all,it doesnt make sense that they would say anything at all if they did not notice some kind of change in the bill,most landlords just want to get paid on time and not have their shit thrashed!

sky high

sky high

I hope it works out for ya, sky blue.

Please give us an update when you figure it all out.

s h

sky_blue

sky_blue

I agree mostly with sky high but you better prepare yourself because they are well within their rights to say ''stop what your doing in our property right now then'' if they feel you are being less than cooperative.As a landlord myself i have to say they are very cool(or not very smart,lol)to let you grow at all,it doesnt make sense that they would say anything at all if they did not notice some kind of change in the bill,most landlords just want to get paid on time and not have their shit thrashed!

I'm legal and gave a huge deposit - so I think some people have the wrong idea.
It's very legit, except that now the landlords have made electricity a big issue, it is their property, we'll see...

fractal

fractal

Landlord's wife is seeing $$ and wants you to pay their entire electric bill. Come on, this is so typical. When the wife gets involved in husband's business you know she wears the pants in the relationship and is just being a cunt. No way in hell is your twin 600 watt grow costing more than $180 a month.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Damn... you are scaring the shit out of me...LOL. I am getting ready and going to be running 3 lights, ac, pump fans, swamp cooler and am at the top tear of .19 a killowatt hr. I would deffinately get that checked!

S

swisscheese

What are you paying for electricity? You need to see the bills.

sky_blue

sky_blue

Landlord's wife is seeing $$ and wants you to pay their entire electric bill. Come on, this is so typical. When the wife gets involved in husband's business you know she wears the pants in the relationship and is just being a cunt. No way in hell is your twin 600 watt grow costing more than $180 a month.
__
It can't be more than $180-200/mo. It's just not possible. I'll update on how much they charge when I harvest (somehow I think that's when they'll come calling for money).

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Depending on the size of your dehum that can jack the bill up as much as a 1k. I run 180 bucks with nothing fired in my house and I have cheap ass electric.

Latest posts

Top Bottom