Landlord discovers £250,000 cannabis factory in tenant's house

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

A landlord who dropped by one of his properties was stunned to find it had been turned into a £250,000 cannabis factory, police said today.

The 35-year-old man called at the multi-storey detached house in Langley, Berkshire, to meet his tenant but instead discovered up to 800 plants weighing as much as 10 tonnes.

Thames Valley Police said that within two months the house had been converted into one of the largest growing operations they have yet found.

Plants more than 5ft tall filled most of the rooms, which were fitted with a sophisticated lighting system. Had the factory not been discovered it could have yielded a crop worth up to a £250,000 a year, a spokeswoman said.

The property had been sub-let by the tenant but no arrests have yet been made.

The landlord, who wants to remain anonymous, said when he called he knocked several times at the door and noticed all the curtains were drawn and the windows blacked out despite the fact it was a hot day.

He walked around to the overgrown rear garden and had to break through layers of sheeting to peer in through a broken window.

He said: "I managed to pull down the layers and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw just rows and rows of plants.

"I couldn't see the ground. The plants were around 5ft 6in high. I could also see that the front window had been covered with some form of thick sheeting.

"There were wires everywhere, pipes coming from the ceiling and rows of lighting."

The landlord forced the lock on the front door and discovered the house in darkness with the furniture moved around and all the windows sealed.

He borrowed a torch and discovered the full extent of the factory before calling police.

He added: "I'm lucky that I discovered the factory when I did. The damage was not as bad as it could have been.

"The holes in the ceiling, ruined carpets, water and other damage are currently being repaired and I'm hoping that the work will be completed fairly shortly."

The landlord warned others in his position to make thorough checks on the people living in their properties.

source:

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

10 tonnes?? Doesn't that come out to around 12.5kg per plant? Or do I have my conversions wrong

friction

friction

800 plants every crop, seems to me like they would make a lot more than 250 k a year.:character0004:

R

Rolln J

yeah - none of the numbers add up - 10 tons is a lot more then 250,000

7rayos

This weighing and calculating worth system happens all the time around here too, and it's not so simple. First, they weigh anything from the plant up the whole POTS, so organic growers with two plants had been initially charged with kilos and kilos. It's very common and virtually always allows for the first move of the defense: asking for the "practical" amount of drug, thus slowing the process as common practice.
After the million times they did it, funny they didn't still find out, so i guess police have either an obscure legal discharge reason, a crave for showing off big numbers or the utmost incompetence. It cost the taxpayer zillions of legal hours.

C

chranotik

Yeah where i live it doesnt matter what you carry your herb in, they will weigh that too and stack it on your charge. For example a friend of mine got busted with some fresh herb in mason jars that weighed about 400g each and of course they added the jars to the total weight giving him a felony. His lawyer also claimed that you could probably have a gram in a 50 pound vase, and if the cop really feels like being a prick they could charge you with the 50lbs if they want to. Gotta love the law.

P

Pot Boy

Narrow minds that is what most law enforcement suffer from its a shame I tell ya.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
You have to throw a dog a bone every once in a while....

N

Neville H.

Notice the use of the term "factory".... as opposed to "garden".

S

SRHninja

I cant believe the ignorance... They sale cigarettes that make people addicted and kills millions a year how ever they market that shit to us while prosecuting a plant responsible for no sole health issues... I'm jus saying if uncle sam was really concerned with our HEALTH and WELL BEING they would illegalize Alcohol and Cigarettes...

So really what are they trying to prove? its either about Power Or Money it has nothing to do with Health and the Well being of our country... and its time our nation stops defending the ridiculous laws of a government that don't make sense....

You can only commit a crime toward another man (person)

Drinking till you throw up NOT A CRIME
Smoking Till you Pass out NOT A CRIME
Growing a Plant NOT A CRIME
Taking Acid sitting on the couch for a few hours

NOT A CRIME...

They need to worry about these child molesting, rapist and murderers, the security of this nation, our economy... im preaching to the choir though u guys know this... just makes me sick how hypocritical and passive we our as a nation...

Top Bottom