Landlord "Right of Entry" Laws By State

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

This page defines the law - State by State - as to How/Why/When a landlord can enter the premises you rent from them.

http://www.landlord.com/landlord_right_of_entry_by_state.htm

www.landlord.com is the Home site and it is chocked full of info regarding "rentals", "leases", and specific rights. Hopefully it will be a well-used resource here at the Farm and will help clear up some of the misconceptions people have on both sides of the rental issue.

best of luck to all....

s h

420Gator

420Gator

thanks man good info, glad I changed my locks and live on a gated property thats also locked. I guess they could come bust me right now if they wanna destroy some of their own shit in the process

sky high

sky high

Might wanna read around a bit on that site for specifics...'cus in many states if the landlord destroys something gaining entry because you changed the locks, YOU get to pay for all the damage and to return the property to pre-incident condition... and you can in no way win a judgement in court because you altered the property without permission.

good luck out there....

s h

420Gator

420Gator

seems pretty favorable in cali, didnt see anything about changing the locks. looks like the only way for them to enter without notifying me is if the house were on fire or something of that nature

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Last time I looked, in California the tenant can change the locks, but if there is an emergent situation the tenant is responsible for allowing access and/or any damage incurred to that and adjacent properties due to that emergent situation and inability to gain entry.

Did that sentence make sense? I hope so.

Top Bottom