large dehumidifier help please

• Thread starter dobermanatee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dobermanatee

I am looking at getting a large dehu asap......
what size to get?
what brand? Quest- Sante Fe
hopefully cost will be under 2500. but can spend more if needed

room is 15 x 23 x 8 sealed.
currently split into two rooms- 9x15 and 12x15.
soon to be one room with the purchase of a new dehu that is strong enough to control the area of both rooms.

auto water 1x per day, 10% runoff
2 ton mitzubishi dual zone ductless mini split one head for each room.

12x15 room
8 x 600w gavidas
environmental controller with fuzzy logic for co2
24 x 5 gal pots with coco/hydroton mix
full scrog- 10x13 canopy
DTW with raised floor, all drain off is automatically removed from the room.
2 x 70 pint ideal air dehus.....
one runs 24/7 and heat is ducted out of the room- I know it is the dry air. but it is sooooo hot. ill pay for the extra co2 in order to run another light. correct me if u think im wrong.
one is only on at night. dry air stays in the room
all dehu water is collected and reused

due to the heat these put out, I can only run 6 gavidas, mayb 7 if im lucky.
rh at night never gets below 50%......... ususally about 55% rh meh meh meh
ideal air sux

9x15 room
12 x 5gal pots, coco/hydroton mix
all scrog- full canopy 8x13
6x air cooled 1ks
8in blockbusters
2 rows of 3 1ks, with 2 8in max fans for each row
environmental controller with fuzzy logic for co2
raised floor, dtw, all runoff automatically removed from room
never had a temp problem at all all
ideal air 30pint dehu - ususally about 55-62%rh at night
because I don't want to spend more on another piece of shhhhh equipment that doesn't perform well.
( the 70 pint ideal air works fine for this room, it is just needed more in the other room at this point)

my goal is to buy one perfect dehu to control the rh in a 25x15x8 room with aprox 30-45 x 5 gal pots, 8 600w gavidas (more if I can hahaha) and 6 air cooled 1ks.

a dedicated 20 amp is fine.

I know ideal air sux!
these large units use the same, if not less energy as the smaller ideal air hahaha

how much heat do these large units put out when operating?
please help with ?s I haven't thought of yet.

I just don't want to get one that is too small

thanx fo da help

disc golf n dabs!

D

dobermanatee

I am looking at quest or santé fe.
perhaps hi-e dry....

does anyone know for sure what size dehu my mini split is capable of cooling at night?
I don't want to buy the wrong dehu again..... ideal air suxxxxx!
how much heat do these dehus put out when operating? I know they put out heat, but how much cooling capacity do I have to have for each model of dehu?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Quest units are MADE for our industry meaning they will be easy to warranty. Santa Fe will not honor a warranty the same way, they are made from the same manufacturer. All the over head quest units produce up to 95F.

I'm feeling kind of lazy this morning and am not in the mood to read your entire post but if you can simply tell me the square footage, how many lights, and whether you're in pots or beds I can get you all sized up for an overhead unit.

Also remember, these units can be ran OUTSIDE the room with duct running into your room, this will remove any heat issues.

OGsus

OGsus

Dri eaz 3500i... one of these in your room and your golden. They cost just under $3000. If your cool with the owner of head/hydro shop you might be able to get it a little cheaper. It only draws 10.5 amps.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Quest units are MADE for our industry meaning they will be easy to warranty. Santa Fe will not honor a warranty the same way, they are made from the same manufacturer. All the over head quest units produce up to 95F.

I'm feeling kind of lazy this morning and am not in the mood to read your entire post but if you can simply tell me the square footage, how many lights, and whether you're in pots or beds I can get you all sized up for an overhead unit.

Also remember, these units can be ran OUTSIDE the room with duct running into your room, this will remove any heat issues.
To funny I'm feeling lazy also as I skipped 3/4 of his post also , glad your able , hope all is good bro

D

dobermanatee

just talked to quest.
great help, answered a lot of ?s for me.
Im going to buy the quest 155 dual.
this should do the job I need. cant wait!

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

I got a Wacker Neuson and really like it. puts out less heat than a 70 pint lowes dehuey. They are meant for drying out flooded and water damaged houses. So they pull the moisture out pretty fast. Mine doesn't run long at all...

good luck with ur purchase.

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

I got the 75 which they have since replaced with the 85 and no longer make the 75. They make bigger ones as well.. They come with 5 year warranty also which is pretty nice

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I got a Wacker Neuson and really like it. puts out less heat than a 70 pint lowes dehuey. They are meant for drying out flooded and water damaged houses. So they pull the moisture out pretty fast. Mine doesn't run long at all...

good luck with ur purchase.
Learn something new everyday,never heard of them before,they look pretty nice.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

The Quest 205 is cheaper than the Dri eaz

Yeah cause the Quest units are way cheap-0 and have less power. I have both Quest and Drizair units so I know. Wish I'd skipped the Quest and bought another Drizair.

D

dobermanatee

well I shall see how the Quest unit works.
just got it today!
gets put to use in a couple hours

Top Bottom