Large Grow Room Design Tips

• Thread starter Noalias1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noalias1

Noalias1

ok so i posted this thread on some other forums over the net, wont say which ones, but they suck. They seem to be filled with grows who are experienced in tent under your stairs or baby room designs. I have lots of room and would liek some feed back. I'm just gonna copy paste what I had down in the other forum which had over 200 views but not a single comment.

1. I included so
    Rsz grow room dimensions dwc
    Rsz grow room dimensions
    me pics. It will be 1 plant lids, not the 4 you see.

start up cost is not an issue
    http://wholesale.cch2o.com//index.ph...index&cPath=31
    -8 foot ceilings
    -32 site veg room ( for 4 weeks)
    -64 site flower room ( harvest every 4 weeks in perpetual)
    -not sure about lighting? ideas? im gonna use light movers as it would save run time costs. im thinking LED for clones and mothers! as they will be on 24/7. veg room no idea mh i hear is best for veg, flower room light movers and 600's or 1000's? there will be 2, 3 foot by 20 foot rows. 600's can span across 3 feet no problem so maybe 1 ever 4 feet- thats 5 lights but on lights movers! i think 1000's would be over kill i dunno. thinking of also placing t5's doubles sided down the middle on the bottom to give the bottoms of these 4- 5 foot plants some light too but i dont see many big grow room do that
    -co2
    -heating contractor will take care of heating/cooling and ventilation requirements for the rooms but still need ideas on venting lights
    -Its Canada so hot summers, cold winters. I was thinking of using the heat the lights give off to to heat the room in the winter? ideas on how to use dampers for that would be great, Any input would be wonderful.
    - 6 pounds of 32 plants stretching it? thats 3oz's per plant, using co2 veg for 4 weeks flower for 8. should be pre vegging after aeropinoc cloner before dwc? do i need 1 plant per 8 gallon dwc or can i get the double plant lids whcih would save 1 whole 16 plant system and lighting. Will it be ok to transfer from a 6inch or 4 inch net pot to 8 inch? any tips so i dont damage roots? or keep it in the same 8 inch net pot straight from after the aeroponic cloner.. If i let the cuttings grow for 4 weeks in the aeroponic you think the roots will be long enough to reach the dwc water level? will they reach for it with in a few days for the water if not?
    - full automation using automatic ph and nut balances aas well as water top offs!

Any help would be great guys, this is gonna be fun!

1 pic i put in my possible configuration, the next one is blank, so hey if you have vert ideas or sog ideas that will yeild me way more lets do it, Hey! if you think i can get away with a perpetual Heaths 54oz trees in dwc, rock on im so game! the goal is 6lbs a month so i can make a decent living doing this and quit my day job, btw, this is totally legal! My brother an I have organic veg out door grow rooms and have recently decided to start growing a weed rather than a plant... cant be to hard can it ? http://asset2.invalid.com/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Pleas refrain about your skepticism on a noob first time weed grower, assume i have been growing weed for years, just need your input on the technical.

Oh and what strains would you stick with, im looking to just grow 1 strain nothing fancy mildly potent, large yeild, mid quality. I think i can make the mid quality bud into high quality on curing practices. we have commercial vacuum sealers that will work wonders for keeping that pesky O2 away from our thc crystals!

Thanks again for the read looking forward to meeting you all​

Noalias1

Noalias1

ok so maybe my 32 plant goal is stretching it, after reading about jacks 2.5lb plants even if I only get 1 pound a plant id be happy with 16, fuck it, say i et half of even that and get 1/2 a lb per plant it would still be 8lbs every weeks , well over my target goal.

has anyone scrog in uc using the 4 site lids? that might be worth it too. If i use the current seteup of 4 plant sites by 16 thats 64 times 2 uz 16 sites thats 128, if i pull 1 oz Kolas off eachj plant every 2 weeks doing a 12/12 from clone that would be 8 lb's every 2 weeks? does this sound stretching it say i only get half oz's thats still 4 l'bs every 2 weeks.... i dunno im like stuck between what lay out would be better for me.

Anyways have some fun with this guys take that picture and draw up your design with that space.

Anyone every pre veg before veg or do you think id have no problem from the 120 aerocloner?

Also to save money and time and upkeep, does anyone just take cuttings off the veg plants instead of running mother rooms? just seems like a logical thing to do no? untill i loose my crop because the power goes out, my chiller breaks down i get a leak and a bad case of root rot in that case id start from scratch again lol but all jokes aside, i ahve read and read and read and love how this site has a UC dedicated thread.

Maybe the mods would liek to bump this to that thread but i figured its more of a general grow room design post with the us systems as just a technical application in my questions!

Anyways, ill take some pics later of some 100'k grow boxes we have at work here. you want to talk about over priced junk that the government buys!

joehank

joehank

If your into vented lighting then just go with what CCH2O recommends. For the yields your expecting you might want to try vertical lighting. I didn't see you mention anything about a chiller, what are your plans for that? I would not bother with light movers for this size of a grow, keep it simple to start off. You didn't mention what type of media you will use. Either way, read and pay attention to the " Caps Beneficial's " thread, and the other one I think was Dankworths thread about mixing your own nutes from dry salts. You didn't mention what you'll be using for nutes, but for that size and the amount of water changes you should be doing, it's gonna be expensive using stuff from the grow shops.
T5's or T8's are fine for veg/mothers and clones. With the perpetual your planning, you don't want them getting too big. You will also need some support once they start getting big in flower. People are using wire cages with lots of success here. Above all, once you get it all together, run the systems for a week or so to dial in the environment, and check for leaks..., before you put the plants in.
Good Luck

ttystikk

ttystikk

hmm tough crowd eh

Yeah... or just jealous of all the room you have, lol

First, if your plan is to grow 6 lbs a month, then you'll need two flowering zones with 3 or 4 1000w lights each, and a veg zone sized to supply them with bloom-ready plants every month. From what I could make out in your diagrams, not only are the stations way too large for your stated goal, but they're not separated from one another very well.

Next, you'll want each 'zone' in your perpetual setup to be in its own room, so you can control all your environmental parameters just for the batch currently in it, as opposed to a compromise for the whole place.

Third, you will need help to grow that much. Unless you're a time management genius who likes to work endless 12 hour days, you're biting off a lot more than you can chew by yourself.

Fourth- and this is huge- growing on a large scale is fundamentally different than running a cabinet, or even a small room grow. Not only will you need lots of everything in terms of equipment, but proper cooling and airflow management will be harder than you might give them credit for. Good environmental control- meaning automated- is a must, as are plans for what to do in case of power or other failures.

Of course you can vent the waste heat from your grow op into your home in the winter- and that much heat will be plenty to keep even your big house nice n toasty! You'll most likely want to run sealed rooms, but you can still cool lights with ducted air from your living space. Just make sure you never push air through the ducts, only pull, and keep the airflow up enough to effectively carry off the heat.

If you want to keep power consumption down, you need to consider everything, not just a few LEDs over the veg zone. For instance; a chiller big enough to cool 12-16kW of lighting is about 4 to 6 tons of capacity. But if properly installed, that one chiller will cool EVERYTHING; all your rooms and all your Undercurrents- and do it with 30% less power consumption than traditional air conditioning. One unit will be far more reliable, less expensive and more efficient than multiple cooling units scattered all over the place..

Do you live where it's humid or dry? Makes a big difference when you're sizing your dehumidifiers... and your cooling and environmental control.

So- begin with the end in mind (like 6 lbs/month?), and work backwards until all your space and equipment requirements have resolved themselves to suit that goal. Try to keep all your equipment as flexible and interchangable as possible; you WILL move things around as fixes and improvements make themselves known.

That should give you enough food for thought to chew on for a few days, at least; if you have more questions, feel free to PM me.

Noalias1

Noalias1

These are great, appreciate your response, the heating and cooling will be takin care of from my heating contractor. I like the idea of using one chiller, and then using the heat from the lamps to heat my house in the winter, thats a great idea! I'll make sure that is implemented.
Making my own nutes eh...never thought of that. that seems like something i should progress into. I think more of the questions im looking for is how you would design your room with the space i have put forward and what uc config would you go with, id also like a room where i can top up my res's with out entering the flower room, so i can re feed when lights are out! Should i just call CC and ask what they would, while totally legal id have a hard time talking about yield and growth of marijuana over the phone....

Noalias1

Noalias1

im also lucky startibng these room from the ground up, i plan to inulate with spray foam, vapour seal, sheet rock, then i plant to spray my floors walls and ceiling with epexy garage floor sealer, once the room is completely sealed i will make necessary coring for electrical and venting. these rooms will be so air tight i plan on installing magnehelix static air pressure lines crating a vacum into each room so that no air escapes the grow area, ill post pics of those too!

Noalias1

Noalias1

i think i nailed it, im watching everyone doing these uc bare bulb vert grows massing larger yields with fewer plants. 10 plants on 16 1000 watt bulbs, but im gonna do what HEATH did and go flip flop on the bulbs to save energy, thoughts?

Rsz 16kw 10 plant ucxxl13
Noalias1

Noalias1

i think 13 gallon buckets will be to small , gonna go with UC PRO make some massive trees! heath got 54 oz's with his top strain. if i get half that ill be happy

Noalias1

Noalias1

did some research into making your own nutes, way easier then i thought

bobby

bobby

Nice space. I've never messed around with a UC, but have experience building out larger grows. I've always paid a designer between 2 and 3 thousand to design a production facility and then create a blueprint for the contractors involved. It's not easy finding a person like this, but they're out there. It makes it easier when you're willing to pay good money. In this situation, for you to spend $3k for a good design, will pay itself back 20 fold. You mentioned that money isn't an issue, so I wouldn't skimp on the design aspect...the design is EVERYTHING.

Do you have any specific problems you're trying to solve?

Just a thought, but I would recommend running half of your setup with something easy like Top Drip Coco in 5 gallon smart pots...this will be like financial insurance.

But if you're restricted by plant counts, then I guess you don't have many choices. Let me know if you have any specific questions, but "design my spot" is kinda hard considering it takes many many hours!

Noalias1

Noalias1

Nice space. I've never messed around with a UC, but have experience building out larger grows. I've always paid a designer between 2 and 3 thousand to design a production facility and then create a blueprint for the contractors involved. It's not easy finding a person like this, but they're out there. It makes it easier when you're willing to pay good money. In this situation, for you to spend $3k for a good design, will pay itself back 20 fold. You mentioned that money isn't an issue, so I wouldn't skimp on the design aspect...the design is EVERYTHING.

Do you have any specific problems you're trying to solve?

Just a thought, but I would recommend running half of your setup with something easy like Top Drip Coco in 5 gallon smart pots...this will be like financial insurance.

But if you're restricted by plant counts, then I guess you don't have many choices. Let me know if you have any specific questions, but "design my spot" is kinda hard considering it takes many many hours!

Thanks a bunch! Im currently busy with he construction of the new house right now, once I have a my final signed off and im moved in i will start with this. I really dont want any construction yahoos knowing whats going on. So that being said i have lots of time to ask questions. My basic one is to try and get some input on different growers and how they grow, i basically would like to harvest 6-8 pounds of dried product a month, That is my limitation, I have a 99 plant allowance which includes cuttings so wouldnt say im limitied , i dont want to do a SOG and harvest like every week or every other week like some do with 12/12 right from clones. Harvest every month or every two months would be ideal. Im looking at 10 plants in the uc13's with bare vert bulbs is going to be ideal as i can harvest every 2 months, if i get 1.5# 's a plant as a base min with what other people re claiming from UC ill be able to hit my goal of 6- 8 a month or maybe with the space i have provided i could get away with a different concept that would produce much more? anything helps.

What are your thought on my utility water room. should i place every single ballast in there too.. i basically want minimal equipment in the grow rooms.

J

Jalisco Kid

Making nutes is not that hard, What and when is a little harder. Not to pop your bubble but I see a hard learning curve, but I see money is not a problem so if you have enough funtickets you can buy your way to a harvest. Not to knock UC's as they are similar to mind in a general way. I try to talk people out of buying /or running my tanks the first time around. I have suggested to some who just had to buy my tanks to run them full of chow the first time around. Read a lot from university or get some text books, because a room that size will hurt when it goes south and sometimes that seems like it just took overnight. Suerte JK

bobby

bobby

I agree with JK. I hope you have the finances to plan for failed crops or crops that will only sell for $1k per lb. Running the undercurrent will be a 50/50 chance at success. Success meaning you will harvest and sell your product at $3+ per lb to the CA dispensaries and don't have to beg them or put it on consignment.

You want to create a product that creates incoming calls and a waiting list. If you don't have a waiting list for your product, change your entire financial plan because when you have to unload your product at $2400, it changes things. Trimming costs $200 per and a sales commission costs $200 per. So if you sell your product at $2400, you actually get 2k. You get the idea...imagine if you have to sell your product at $1k? The project is over in 6 months unless you have truck loads of money.

Top Bottom