Large humidity swings in room

• Thread starter Lilmink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilmink

Lilmink

10x8 room , commercial humidifier pulls 90 PPD, using wifi inkbird humidity controller calibrated to pulse one. Humidity is swinging from 60-75% every 30 minutes all throughout the day. 30 plants feeding approximately 17 gallons a day altogether. Temperature is holding steady.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
10x8 room , commercial humidifier pulls 90 PPD, using wifi inkbird humidity controller calibrated to pulse one. Humidity is swinging from 60-75% every 30 minutes all throughout the day. 30 plants feeding approximately 17 gallons a day altogether. Temperature is holding steady.
Does the unit stay on constantly, every minute? I mean is it always pumping humidity? Or does it go on and off based on the humidity? Like an air conditioner that can always be on but fluctuates between cooling and fan only..........

It's gotta be hard for a machine to keep a constant temp or humidity % without some fluctuation.

Lilmink

Lilmink

Does the unit stay on constantly, every minute? I mean is it always pumping humidity? Or does it go on and off based on the humidity? Like an air conditioner that can always be on but fluctuates between cooling and fan only..........

It's gotta be hard for a machine to keep a constant temp or humidity % without some fluctuation.
It turns off completely

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Close to a half gallon per plant daily? Do they ever dry out?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
It's like 0.6 gal per plant, like 30% moisture content at the lowest, they never dry out.
That may be part of your problem, just part though. If you keep the medium to wet all the time, it’s going to affect your space.

Ponky

Ponky

I also have a big swing in my room.

But the humidity thing could come down to replacing the probe on the inkbird. They're like 12 bucks or so for a new sensor probe.

Lilmink

Lilmink

I also have a big swing in my room.

But the humidity thing could come down to replacing the probe on the inkbird. They're like 12 bucks or so for a new sensor probe.
Oh nice. I didn't not realize this was available. It will be here Monday.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
The probe is a good idea. You say it's going off completely, do you mean you need to turn it back on? Or it goes off and on by itself?

I don't know if you were used to a tighter range, but there are a few things that will affect humidity. The outdoor humifity/changes. The size of the plants, whether you've recently watered or the pots are rather dry/due for water.........all of these things are going to lead to a range of humidity levels which will change how the humidifier has to work......

Latest posts

Top Bottom