Larrys new Bloom room.. need assistance

• Thread starter AshyLarry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AshyLarry

What's up Farmers!

I'm finally starting on my new flowering area and I'm sure I'll have alot of questions so heres my first one..
Room is gonna be 4x4x8=128cubic feet. passive intake, 600wHPS -is the 8"Canfan @483cfm sufficient or should I go with the 8"HO @722 cfm? I want some overkill.

I plan on running the fan through a speed control and will have the proper filter also with maybe 6' of insulated ducting with 1or 2 bends. Havn't decided on whether I'll be using an open reflector or cooled hood yet.
Thanks.

B

buzzkill420

man i cant see why the plain 8" one wouldnt be fine for that space

R

Rural_GrowOp

The 8" should be more than enough. I only run a 6" to cool 2 1K's and it does me fine.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The smaller of your 2 fans will exchange the air in your room 3.77 times every 60 seconds, that's a lot of air movement. I own 2 CanFan's and 1 HO CanFan, the HO fan sounds like a freaking jet liner taking off when it's running wide open. Moves some air but man is it noisy.

jj

mace

mace

The smaller of your 2 fans will exchange the air in your room 3.77 times every 60 seconds, that's a lot of air movement. I own 2 CanFan's and 1 HO CanFan, the HO fan sounds like a freaking jet liner taking off when it's running wide open. Moves some air but man is it noisy.

jj

x2

F

Fear

speed control the ho fan it gives you the option for more air later.

More POWer

A

AshyLarry

speed control the ho fan it gives you the option for more air later.

More POWer
Whats up Fear, I ended up getting the 8"HO and the 6"standard, they were a bargain at $220 and $175 respectively, and I also bought a variac speed control so the fan doesnt hum on low speeds. Well worth the extra couple of bucks IMO.
-Like $50 I think-

I'll use the 6" when I redo the veg area.

So they came today and when I saw the big one I was like :evilgrin0013:
and then I turned it on and was like :confused0054: -lmao-
That thing is sweet, at half speed my room is 75f at full speed it goes down to 69f.
I have it mounted in the ceiling, exhausting into the attic through a carbon filter,
so theres no ducting in the room and I'm using an open reflector, and that thing is cold to the touch -whereas before it was hot as hell!-

It took me two years to finally spring for an adequate exhaust system, what a difference.

I own 2 CanFan's and 1 HO CanFan, the HO fan sounds like a freaking jet liner taking off when it's running wide open. Moves some air but man is it noisy.jj
^^^Your not kidding!
I was holding the 8"HO with two hands as it was on high speed and the damn thing was trying to get away from me. LOL
I could've easily lost a finger.

Once I got it all mounted, the sound of the rushing air being sucked into the room isn't too bad, and you cant even hear the fan itself.

I'm rambling... Thanks everyone.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
sounds cool, wish i went for bigger exhaust system, my temps are running at 32-33 c :(

F

Fear

Always go bigger on exhaust you pay for it in the end! Like Ashy does speed control that bitch and boom full control. Would suck to have fan on full blast all the time and the temps are still to high.
Anyways Ashy So you push into the filter. Does that work as good and is that how they are meant to be used? I always assumed you sucked thats what the cotton filter thing is for. I could be wrong would like to know. I have someone who needs help setting up a 4x8 tent so mounting the filter up top and blowing into it would be great. Thanks.

-Fear

A

AshyLarry

I've read a million threads with people doing it both ways.
That being said, I think sucking it is more efficient but I didn't want to mount the filter in the room, so I push it through and the odor is gone.

Odor isn't a factor for me -neither is fear- LOL but my wife has been complaining about the smell for a long time now, so I'm finally using a filter.

There are alot of variables involved when deciding on which way to hook up the fan&filter, which I'm sure you're aware of... It also hurts my brain trying to figure out the most effective and efficient way to set shit up without having to redo or adjust anything. AAARGH!!!

I'm feeling that badass setup you have bro! Did I mention I'm ditching soil and joining waterworld? :harvest::afroweed:

F

Fear

Sweet water world is easy fo sheezy. Dirt don't hurt but I like recirculating my plant food to much. Then after the week is up I feed all my house plants with the water I drained from the res. The fruit trees with the top booster res solution gots some mean apricots comin.

But you say the smell is gone with blowin into the filter then that might be what I do cause a 8" carbon filter in one of those tents I guess WOuld be crazy.

A

AshyLarry

:stonedsmilie::confused0059:
I feed all my house plants with the water I drained from the res. The fruit trees with the top booster res solution gots some mean apricots comin.
Heh heh -nice!-:evilgrin0013:^^^

Sweet water world is easy fo sheezy. Dirt don't hurt but I like recirculating my plant food to much.
My plan is to keep mothers in dirt and root cuttings in rockwool. -once rooted, I'll hand feed them in a tray while they veg for 2 weeks or so -

Now comes my dilemma... flowering in 5 gal. bubblebuckets or F&D like you have.

I think my height might be a little more restricted w/ a flood table.
The 5 gal. buckets give me room for 5 feet of plant height...
...with a rez and table, plus 2 or 3 gallon pots on top, I dont think I can swing it.
Bubblebuckets are alot more pumps/tubes/wires/electric though. I don't know, we'll see. LOL

But you say the smell is gone with blowin into the filter then that might be what I do cause a 8" carbon filter in one of those tents I guess WOuld be crazy.
Yeah it works so far, although I only have two plants in mid bloom in there right now -I usually do six-

But I really dont sleep well at night knowing that I'm not getting the most out of my fan and filter.
That fan runs 200something watts, like 2point something amps. -for the money I'm spending on electric, I want to dead as much smell as possible.

I've gotta figure out a feasible way of setting it up to pull the air through the filter. That was sort of the original plan but I had no idea how big the fan and filter was gonna be. LOL :icon_dizzy:
Too much shit to be hanging in my small ass space.

The filter is like the size of a heavybag.:confused0059:

IMHO, I wouldn't recommend blowing through the filter unless that's really the only option.
Concerning the Flood setup you have... what are the measurements of your closet?

Damn! It takes typing so many words just to make a few quick points. Sorry about that... -I know alot of us stoners have short attention spans.- lol

F

Fear

I mother in dirt and clone in rockwool too man. I just hung yesterday fri, a 10" charcoal scrubber in a 4x8x7 tent. Had to reduce it to 8" ducting and all. This hydro store sold them the works and they had no clue. 10" scrubber stupid. And it wasn't even the light one. I resupported the punching bag sized filter with 2 2x4's Its huge but I 90 degreed up out of the tent and mounted the exhaust fan on the cieling. Now you can duct the heat wherever they want or you want. It worked man. took 3 people though. Me to hold the zipteid scrubber with the 2 supports made for the scrubber. Got it up man and the 2 xxl hoods still fit. I put it as far right as possible the vent should be 1 to 2' away to 90 out of. Do you need the fan in the tent cause thats to much with a scrubber that size?
my closet is a almost 4' x 7' x 8' tall. I'm gonna build a custom deep tray to spread it out and get some lalareger roots going, something like almost 4' x 6.5' x 1'.

Hey 6 bubble buckets or even 16 can be handled with one pump. And you know air pumps arent pricey. Limited height waterfarms definately would be good. Fat plants. I do like ebb and flow cause it's easy but im sure there are better ways of hydro. I know people who sog in tents with great success. Just net the plants and control control control

A

AToadAso

I agree with Fear. always go larger and u can adjust the speed down when its cooler and up when its warmer:afroweed:

Top Bottom