Last Few Weeks Of Flowering; More Light Or Cooler Temps

• Thread starter DannyO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DannyO

Like Fatawa said 81 deg is not that bad.
But Your setup could be alot more effecient saving You $$ on the electric bill as well. An ac should never pull air from the same room its venting in.

I will def work on venting the AC separately once this round is done. Savings on the electric bill would be nice; last one was over 400 (wifey isn't too happy about that)

D

DannyO

i agree.kinda counterintuitive
Ya, Im guessing this is why I cant get the temps as low as I would like. I thought as long as the internal side of the AC was sealed in the tent, the external side venting into the basement wouldnt be a problem but I guess I was wrong.
It would also be nice not to be dripping sweat every time I have to water with the 85 degrees in the basement lol.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yes
I drop to 500-550ppm last 2 weeks. And i drop my temps. 2nd to last week I run 75/70, last week is 70/68ish.

D

DannyO

Yes
I drop to 500-550ppm last 2 weeks. And i drop my temps. 2nd to last week I run 75/70, last week is 70/68ish.
Thanks for the confirmation about the CO2; thats what I heard but wasn't positive if I should follow it or not. The problem with my temp is that in my current setup, I cant get the temp below 80 degrees without turning my 1000w HPS down to 75%.

What are your thoughts on this? 81 degrees at 100% power or 76 degrees at 75%?
Those are my two options currently
Thanks

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Don't get me started with temps. I listened to 4 or 5 seasoned growers saying u can run mid 80s with co2 and be fine. Well quite the opposite happened. I got 3.5lbs of fluffy worthless garbage buds. Never again. I do what i think I necessary for my garden. Even with me running co2, from flip to week 6 i run 83* canopy temp, then i drop to 78* to last 2 weeks, then drop even more after. I and my patients can't afford another entire crop of fluffy garbage

D

DannyO

Don't get me started with temps. I listened to 4 or 5 seasoned growers saying u can run mid 80s with co2 and be fine. Well quite the opposite happened. I got 3.5lbs of fluffy worthless garbage buds. Never again. I do what i think I necessary for my garden. Even with me running co2, from flip to week 6 i run 83* canopy temp, then i drop to 78* to last 2 weeks, then drop even more after. I and my patients can't afford another entire crop of fluffy garbage
I was running 83 with CO2 up until this point but my AC cant get the temp below 80/81 with the light at 100%. If I turn it down to 75%, I can get day temp down to 75/76 (night is obviously not a problem).

This is why I only have the option of 100% power and 81 degrees or 75% power at 76 degrees. No time or space to reconfigure room this time through.

Top Bottom