Last Mini-split Question

• Thread starter Terpin.daily
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpin.daily

Terpin.daily

Sooo, After this long week of trying to find the best mini split to go with... im going to buy a 24k DIY mrCool unit for my first 10x10 room... so super stoked i found a really good price on one... my last question now is... my garage.. i have a room inside the garage about 10x10 aswell that ive been growing the ladies in... thats where i need the main cooling, out side the room i have my 3d printer... little workshop area and my motorcycles.. so im thinking about going with a Dual zone mini split from mrcool now... none DIY version since my hvac buddy will charge it for me and its 21.5 SEER rating is a bit better than the DIY 16 SEER ... my question is is 24k enough to cool a grow with lets say 2-4 fluence spyder x pros, dehumidifier and co2 gen aswell as cooling or heating my lets say 10x10ish workshop area outside the grow, or should i step it up too the 36k? just fear of not having enough cooling power for both room with the 24k but than again i am not sure... any input would be great because i am either buying 2 single zone DIY units for 1280 each or going to buy one single and one dual.... thanks for reading!

H

heisen

24k will be more than enough,I would go with a single 24 and just use exhaust fans to cool the 10x10

Terpin.daily

Terpin.daily

24k will be more than enough,I would go with a single 24 and just use exhaust fans to cool the 10x10

Mite be a bit of a noob question, but how would I use some exhaust fans to move some cold air too the workshop area without letting the smell from the nuggs leak out of the room? Would also unseal the room at that point correct or am I a bit confused?

Would save me a ton of money by exhausting some air into the workshop, just worried about the smells

H

heisen

Mite be a bit of a noob question, but how would I use some exhaust fans to move some cold air too the workshop area without letting the smell from the nuggs leak out of the room? Would also unseal the room at that point correct or am I a bit confused?

Would save me a ton of money by exhausting some air into the workshop, just worried about the smells
Stick an 8 inch fan on top a scrubber and suck air from the ac room into the worksop,put 2 return lines back to the ac room from the workshop using lighter duct fans with dampers.i did this to cool 3 separate sealed rooms.

H

heisen

I would ac the garage and just blow air into the garage hooked to a scrubber.the negative air pressure in the 10x10 will draw cool air in.
Otherwise your gonna need a duel zone.
A 12k will cool that 10x10 all day long.
Get a 12 for the grow and a 12 for the garage.

Top Bottom