Last two weeks switch to 1000w HPS or 600w MH

• Thread starter Dank Sinatra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra

So my temperatures have been ridiculously low this week and I am in the last 2 weeks of flower. I can either change my bulb to a 1000w HPS or a 600 w MH.

I have been using a 600w HPS.

My only concern is that a 1000w at the end of flower could be too much light and confuse the plant since its supposed to be winter time a comin in its biological clock view of things, so the light should be getting bluer and dimmer.

If anyone has switched to a 1000 at the end lemme know, cause the buds always look better under a 1000y.

Dank

K

Kobe24

bigger yields if you switch to the 1000 watt HPS...smaller yields and slightly nicer crop if you change out to the MH instead for the last 2 weeks...

I'd go with the 1000 watt light...just dont have the light to close to the girls ...wait a couple of days then adjust it accordingly

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
low temps last 2 weeks could be a good thing if its not too low - the 1000 watt could shock them unless you can move the light up to compensate

what are your day and night temps?

maybe a small space heater is a better answer

420Gator

420Gator

Your not gonna get a huge yield increase in the last 2 weeks by switching the to a bigger light. Personally i wouldn't change a thing that close to finishing bit have read many ppl switch to mh

waayne

waayne

I would never change light spectrum or intensity in the last 2 weeks.
You're just causing them stress at this point in their cycle...
If you would have increased the light intensity earlier you could have increased your yield and quality.
motherloads right if you need to raise the temps use a heater.
Unless you can gradually increase the intensity of light your plants are getting you'll probably just create some UV burn
here at the end when they're trying to ripen.....:pimp:
Your idea is a good one, it's just to late to really change anything on this run and see a better outcome....

G

Gartner

you can maintain the distance of the light from the plant to maintain the temperature. nor mainly the relative humidity of the atmosphere will maintain the room temperature..
you can use some heating device to maintain the temperature, but you have to check it ..

Top Bottom