last week or two of flowering, supplement sunlight with grow lights?

• Thread starter HedgedAndLevered
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HedgedAndLevered

HedgedAndLevered

I'm working with a little less than 12 hours of sunlight per day, with around 2-3 of those hours being low-in-the-sky, lower powered sunlight. I have 4 of these with a medusa lamp already from last season when I absolutely needed a spaceheater and grow lights outside (whoops). Any reason not to supplement the daylight with this? sun is getting weak and temps are about to drop into the 45-60 range for the next 4 days. was also considering bringing the spaceheater back out (on low, don't worry, tested temps last season and it worked out...)
Last week or two of flowering supplement sunlight with grow lights

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Roughly - Not exactly!!! Where you located??? How far North/South? (Usually) Your temps are fine until first hard frost. These lower temps you have coming up may just bring out some nice purples and other colors here at the end. Along with the slight decrease in sunlight everyday, all will really cause bud swelling and your trichomes to finish well.. Might just change your terpene profile almost always for the better or at least danker. Are you able to post some good pictures?

K

Kamisama

I d be more afraid of mold during higher RH at night. Heater should help. If we consider Sun at around 1900ppf or more at its best, I wouldnt bother with a light that has 50ppf

HedgedAndLevered

HedgedAndLevered

I d be more afraid of mold during higher RH at night. Heater should help. If we consider Sun at around 1900ppf or more at its best, I wouldnt bother with a light that has 50ppf
more like 1000-1400 ppf at solar noon at my latitude. And its 50 x 4, not 50. And really what matters isn't overall ppf, its the part of the red range that is useful in flowering, which this light is specialized to emitting light at those wavelengths. So a lot closer to 4:1 than 38:1

good point on the mold, didn't consider that

HedgedAndLevered

HedgedAndLevered

Roughly - Not exactly!!! Where you located??? How far North/South? (Usually) Your temps are fine until first hard frost. These lower temps you have coming up may just bring out some nice purples and other colors here at the end. Along with the slight decrease in sunlight everyday, all will really cause bud swelling and your trichomes to finish well.. Might just change your terpene profile almost always for the better or at least danker. Are you able to post some good pictures?
the mid-east midwest
I can post some pics soon

HedgedAndLevered

HedgedAndLevered

posted the pics with another question in this thread

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

IMO, no. Just ride it out. All that moving the plant and lighting and heating and futzing about. Errors might be made. Lights left on, etc.

Are you going to get a hard frost in the next two weeks?

I just pulled the tops from my Jack Herer. I don’t count days, and neither does Jack.

I mean, do whatcha want, or think you have to, but I can’t be arsed with lights and dragging plants around.

Top Bottom