Last winter grow

• Thread starter GirlCarny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GirlCarny

Going to try to do a real journal instead of just throwing pictures up. We have been growing for 1 year now. Our grows have ranged from complete failure to a 22 plant sog that netted us 28oz. We werent comfortable with the numbers and attention that the sog required so we are going to try larger but less plants.

Our first grow I got a bad case of the shiny bottle syndrome. I added so much crap to the mix that I fried the plants and lost a bunch of money buying crap that I didnt need or understand how to use. Anyway heres where we are at this point.

Growing style - Hempy style
Containers - 10 gallon Rubbermaid boxes
Medium - Chunky perlite
Nutrients - Flora nova grow - Bio root
Foliar - Dutch master Liquid light and Saturator
Lighting - 4ft 10 tube mixed spectrum florescent lighting (24hrs)
Water - Tap water

After reading this thread I decided to buy a bottle of Pro-tekt silica and see if I notice any difference at the end. Adding all nutrients at 5ml/gallon, and a little ph down.

6 Plants 20 inches tall and have another 20 to 25 days vegetating left before I can move them to the flower tent. Thats it for now. Not much to look at but its early.

Question Time: Is there any 1 or 2 part grow nutrient out there that has everything in it, where you do not need to buy any additives? (silica - fulvic acids - cal/mag etc) Thanks for reading.

Veg1b large
Veg 003 large
Veg 007 large
G

GirlCarny

Well since you asked.

Today was Brazilian day. Gave them all a serious haircut cut off all the lower leaves and sucker branches. They have 2 weeks to recover before they go into flower.

Jan12 007
Jan12 008
Jan12 009
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
There is not a line I know of that has those additives in it. You can foliar silica.

You should look at the cheap alternatives to overpriced nutes page in the nute section.

Jacks is cheap and will give you better yields/taste IMHO than the hydro store bought watered down shit.

Your girls look great, do you have them on a short cycle timer?

EDIT: You may want to move them in to the flower room earlier than that. 3 more weeks of veg seems liek a lot for pure perlite hempy. Your plants are gonna grow fast in that system if you have it all dialed.

G

GirlCarny

Thanks Cap! We are actually going to take a ride out to the farmers co-op this weekend. Its a 120 mile round trip ride, so had to wait for the husband to need something bad enough before we go. I can guarantee you there will be some Jacks nutrients in the truck on the ride home.

do you have them on a short cycle timer

Not really sure what you mean. Lights are on 24/7

Im kind of restricted when I can flower them since the flower room is full at the moment. I have plenty of ceiling height and its not a real stretchy strain. If worse comes to worse, I will top them and wait another week or just pinch the tops before I flower them.

Thanks for the kind words, and stopping by.
GC

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
PInch them now. That way they dont have to recover form the pinch later.

short cycle timer, meaning is your perlite on an auto drip? If you are in pure perlite, I woudl run it 5 min on/15-30 min offf.

All you need is jacks hydro formula, the cal nitrate, and epsom salt from the pharmacy store.

G

GirlCarny

Thank you Cap

Ok so no Im not using a short cycle timer. Hand watering with 1 drain hole 2inches up the side of the bucket. feed till it comes out the overflow, usually once every 2 days.

Took your advice and pinched em all down to the same height. Right now they are 23inches tall and just under 20 inches wide. Im going to leave them for 5 more days then flower. I think Im right at the boundary of light / plants since I only use 2 600watts.

Vega1
Vega2
Aligee

Aligee

looking good i like those hempy tubs bet you have a nice yielding harvest with those good luck ~Mr.G~

K

komo dod

i wish you like this go around.. that yield you had in a scrog was pretty low, perhaps its the medium?

G

GirlCarny

Day 1 of flower

Really does not look it but they are all the same height. I pinched them down a few days ago. Knocked them down a couple of inches, staked them and put them under the lights.

Last jpg is a picture of a flower from the grow that just finished.

Day1 004
Day1 001
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Lookin good flora nova is great stuff but go really light with it cuz its super salty.. I Lil nova go's a long way good luck on this grow

G

GirlCarny

Starting week 2 bloom

still not much to see. This post is more for reference than anything. as always any information or tips would be appreciated.

Started bloom fertilizers (2-2-12) 60ml per 6gal
Big up powder (2-1-12)
Earth juice Macro nutrients 5ml gal 6 gal total (1-29-12)

Threw some trellis netting over them last night. Seen some other pictures where people have done it, so hopefully it will help support them when they get bigger.
Spent the last week trimming out all the middles and the sucker branches Last time I wound up with entirely to much pop corn buds. Going to try to be as aggressive as I can be without doubting myself.
see ya in 2 weeks unless something dies :)
GC

edit: Thanks Goo didnt know that about FN.

C

crossouttheiis

that trellis should work great, have done it on outdoor plants a bunch of times. PLants are looking good.

G

GirlCarny

Well this grow went to the compost pile, due to a security problem. The husband thought it was amusing, until the state police started knocking on the door. Anyway a month later and a throwing boat loads of money at the attorney, charges were dismissed and I could start a garden again.

So here we are 3 of my surviving girls. Started flowering March 19 so I guess around week 4
same strain, same style of growing same food.

3amigas

Latest posts

Top Bottom