Late Flower leaf burn issue

• Thread starter radmobile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radmobile

radmobile

have you read anything posted the whole entire thread is about ferts.
I think of the bloom nutrients as the final (fertilizer) for the bloom phase. Reason being, I repot my plants 3 times and each time I don’t use nutes for 2-3 weeks because the soil is already hot (also Fox Farms soil). I feel like I only need something from week 3 of flower until week 6.

Anthem

Anthem

I think of the bloom nutrients as the final (fertilizer) for the bloom phase. Reason being, I repot my plants 3 times and each time I don’t use nutes for 2-3 weeks because the soil is already hot (also Fox Farms soil). I feel like I only need something from week 3 of flower until week 6.
I really do not know how much the farm is going to be able to help you because of some of your beliefs. Like take Fox Farms, I am assuming you are talking about Ocean Forest. It is not HOT, I have been using it for years and I take a clone directly from the cloning tray and I place it in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and I never have any issue with the soil being hot. I have done this over 1000 times. Secondly, transplanting a plant at the start of flower is also not a good idea, you are basically stressing the plant and it does not need that in flower. But you do it your way and see if your grow improves. We are just trying to help you out but some of your methods do not seem all that effective.

radmobile

radmobile

I really do not know how much the farm is going to be able to help you because of some of your beliefs. Like take Fox Farms, I am assuming you are talking about Ocean Forest. It is not HOT, I have been using it for years and I take a clone directly from the cloning tray and I place it in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and I never have any issue with the soil being hot. I have done this over 1000 times. Secondly, transplanting a plant at the start of flower is also not a good idea, you are basically stressing the plant and it does not need that in flower. But you do it your way and see if your grow improves. We are just trying to help you out but some of your methods do not seem all that effective.
Agreed. I am trying to do it right and I appreciate the feedback. I’ve only been growing for 8 months so I’m trying to get the right information now so I don’t keep struggling as I progress through each grow. Fox Farm’s Happy Frog. I was told that, following each repot, I should wait 3 weeks before adding any nutrients. So here is what I do:
-seedlings (from seed) grow in the FF Happy Frog soil for 3 weeks without nutes. Then add Voodoo juice for 2 weeks.
- At 5 weeks I repot to 1.5 gallons in new FF Happy Frog soil. No nutes for 3 weeks
- At week 8, I begin feeding Fox Farm’s trio
Nutes until about week 10.
- Repot to 5 gallon pots with new soil. No nutes for 3 weeks.
- VooDoo juice first 2 weeks of flower
- Fox Farms Trio and Flower Fuel @ 1/2 the dosage.
- Week 6 of flower, no more nutes - flush until harvest

ph is always good (around 6.4-6.5) PPM’s appear in point for the chart that’s listed for Fox Farms. They really remain in good shape until I start using the Fox Farm nutes.

Anthem

Anthem

Agreed. I am trying to do it right and I appreciate the feedback. I’ve only been growing for 8 months so I’m trying to get the right information now so I don’t keep struggling as I progress through each grow. Fox Farm’s Happy Frog. I was told that, following each repot, I should wait 3 weeks before adding any nutrients. So here is what I do:
-seedlings (from seed) grow in the FF Happy Frog soil for 3 weeks without nutes. Then add Voodoo juice for 2 weeks.
- At 5 weeks I repot to 1.5 gallons in new FF Happy Frog soil. No nutes for 3 weeks
- At week 8, I begin feeding Fox Farm’s trio
Nutes until about week 10.
- Repot to 5 gallon pots with new soil. No nutes for 3 weeks.
- VooDoo juice first 2 weeks of flower
- Fox Farms Trio and Flower Fuel @ 1/2 the dosage.
- Week 6 of flower, no more nutes - flush until harvest

ph is always good (around 6.4-6.5) PPM’s appear in point for the chart that’s listed for Fox Farms. They really remain in good shape until I start using the Fox Farm nutes.
Here is what I would do,
Clone goes into a 1 quart pot after roots have formed. It gets watered to saturation and put in veg. The watering for the first time lasts about 1 week. It gets water for about another week and than 1/4 nuts. I leave them like this for 4 to 5 weeks. They will get the nuts increased to 50 percent as they veg. They go from the 1 quart pot to 5 gallon pots and get about 3 weeks before they are flipped to flower. I am adjusting my numbers slightly to account for you being in soil. I use to grow in soil but all I do know is hydro because the growth rate and quality are better IMO.
If you just lay off the bottled nuts and do something like the Jacks 321 or Athena Pro you will pay like less than 10 cents per gallon of feed. Also, with happy frog it is designed to have the soil depleted of nutrients at about 3 weeks. I would use fox farms ocean forest, it is designed for the life of the plant. That is part of your problem because the plants are not getting a balanced mix of nutrients. They need NPK but they also need other minerals as well.

Anthem

Anthem

I should add I always did feed than water. Meaning watered with nutrients and next watering with just PH water. This helps keep salt build up to a minimum.

radmobile

radmobile

I should add I always did feed than water. Meaning watered with nutrients and next watering with just PH water. This helps keep salt build up to a minimum.
Thanks a lot! This is great feedback and advice. I’m going to back it down and try this next grow with your approach. I’d rather not use nutes at all, but I know my yields will struggle.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks a lot! This is great feedback and advice. I’m going to back it down and try this next grow with your approach. I’d rather not use nutes at all, but I know my yields will struggle.
It's easier to use salts as they are immediately available with slow release and organics it's a bit of an art and takes some time to get really good at unless you have someone helping you.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Let me show you something you may not have realized:

Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7
+
Grow Big 6-4-4
+
Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
+
Flower Fuel 1-34-32
================
9 - 46.5 - 38.7
That's what you are feeding your plants. 9-46.5-38.7. I'm kind of surprised they didn't flame on like Johnny Storm with all that in them.
This stuff is additive. That means they all add to each other to be much larger numbers than you ever expected.
All a plant ever really needs for NPK is triple 12. Much more than that and you are asking for issues.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Let me show you something you may not have realized:

Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7
Grow Big 6-4-4
Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Flower Fuel 1-34-32
================
9 - 46.5 - 38.7
That's what you are feeding your plants. 9-46.5-38.7. I'm kind of surprised they didn't flame on like Johnny Storm with all that in them.
This stuff is additive. That means they all add to each other to be much larger numbers than you ever expected.
All a plant ever really needs for NPK is triple 12. Much more than that and you are asking for issues.
So the plant will do just fine with 12-12-12? That is all it needs?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So the plant will do just fine with 12-12-12? That is all it needs?
In my personal experience, non-scientific conditions, anectdotal... Yes. I have been growing food and smoke for over 50 years. I was born on a cattle ranch with a 5 acre garden.
We never gave more than a triple 12 twice during the season and we always had huge harvests. Cannabis is different, but its still a plant and can only eat so much of anything. How much is being wasted just so companies can make money selling more plant food?
This is only about NPK, trace elements are not included here.

Top Bottom