Late flower plant is confusing me

• Thread starter FarmerTim420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

Ok so im pheno Hunting and I think my plants are stalled. This strains are supposed to be ready in 9-10 weeks and I'm on week 14 already.

The leaves are very Yellow, because I thought the plants were supposed to be ready at week 10 i started flushing from week 8 until week 11. I just then realized the plants need longer to finish and then I started feeding them again. I've checked for trichomes and it's like 50 are clear and 50 are milky. No brown trichomes. Some pistills on some strains are still white.

I've done a lot of different stuff that i think a lot of growers don't do and may find weird, like small pots and not PHing my water, but I'm pretty sure you can grow good weed this way because I've seen some threads. i just have to dial in with this way of growing, i'm trying to find out whats the cause of my plants not wanting to finish.

I'm growing in a 5x5 foot tent

2x 600w Lamps

Sog grow in 1gallon pots
Biobizz nutes (the complete line) no pH water

I follow the vpd chart and the temperatures and RH were more stable throughout this grow

I water when I see the plants are asking for water( i think this was a big mistake ) and I also think I've been watering too much water

There were a couple of times where I opened the tent and all the leaves were down like the plant was about to die, but after watering they came back.

i also have some plants in week 5 in this same tent that are going well, well at least yet.. don't mind these, my concern is the more advanced ones

Late flower plant is confusing me
Late flower plant is confusing me 2
Late flower plant is confusing me 3
Late flower plant is confusing me 4
Late flower plant is confusing me 5
Late flower plant is confusing me 6
Late flower plant is confusing me 7
Late flower plant is confusing me 8
Late flower plant is confusing me 9
Late flower plant is confusing me 10
Late flower plant is confusing me 11
Late flower plant is confusing me 12
TSD

TSD

You can't go by when the breeder says they're "supposed to finish " because so many factors have an effect on that. 10 weeks isn't very long. Just wondering, are those brown clumps dead leaves, or bud rot? Need a close up... you should remove the dead crap for cleanliness sake.

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

You can't go by when the breeder says they're "supposed to finish " because so many factors have an effect on that. 10 weeks isn't very long. Just wondering, are those brown clumps dead leaves, or bud rot? Need a close up... you should remove the dead crap for cleanliness sake.
That's a good question. How can I know?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Those are autoflowers there on there own time not yours and not the breeders, you got lots of nice flower nothing will change that, I have chopped as early as 60 days and late as 130 days, don't believe what breeder says when there done there done, this plant is strawberry mango crumble supposed to be done in 70 days, plant went into stretch late then started producing trichome it is only 50 something days from sprout

20211214 101315
FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

Those are autoflowers there on there own time not yours and not the breeders, you got lots of nice flower nothing will change that, I have chopped as early as 60 days and late as 130 days, don't believe what breeder says when there done there done, this plant is strawberry mango crumble supposed to be done in 70 days, plant went into stretch late then started producing trichome it is only 50 something days from sprout

I'm not growing auto flowers

PK1

PK1

Supporter
clean the dead leaves off and like some of the others members mentioned. Take some close up pictures of the flowers and some leaves so we can see where you are at.

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

Take a clear close up of the spots in question and of some buds.
Some closeups on buds of different plants would help.

I took some photos of different plants, they're different phenos.

On the day I took the other photos i watered the plants and because they were so yellow I gave them too much nutes, the plants are looking a bit burnt ☹️😔 what a stupid thing it was!

Anyways here are the pictures:

Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 47 54 092 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 47 50 838 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 47 41 454 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 47 31 699 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 47 12 994 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 47 27 770 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 46 59 825 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 46 49 570 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 46 46 722 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 46 40 760 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 46 17 151 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 46 13 892 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 46 25 905 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2021 12 20 13 47 02 919 commiuigallery
noitnone

noitnone

Looks like there almost done, I have went 24 hr dark before to help put em over the the edge. You could just ride it out they will be done soon either way.
You could also harvest right now in my opinion It will be nice mellow up high.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Looks like too much light and too much feed (especially nitrogen) throughout the later weeks of flower.

14 weeks from flip or budset?

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

Looks like there almost done, I have went 24 hr dark before to help put em over the the edge. You could just ride it out they will be done soon either way.
You could also harvest right now in my opinion It will be nice mellow up high.

How can I know when they're really done besides pistils?

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Ok - pistils will turn from white to brown. They will go from straight to shriveled. They will no longer be pointy but hugging the bud. Bud will visually change complexion.

Trichomes will start swelling those clear heads and turning cloudy. A magnification device is very useful. You want to find a ratio of clear/cloudy/amber trichs that gives you the best weed for your tastes. Some people like mostly cloudy and some clear, some people like 25% amber with their cloudy.

RavynJax

RavynJax

If you know your not over or under watering and your PH levels are good. I would start with it most likely being a Magnesium Deficiency, Epsom Salt is 100% Magnesium! Get some plain, unscented Epsom Salt. Use 3/4 Tablespoon to a gallon of water when you water your plants! You can safely do this after your plants are a foot tall, do not (I repeat DO NOT) feed them Epsom Salt during the first 2 weeks of flowering as this tends to decrease bud growth. Outside the 2 weeks after switching to flower it is safe to resume giving them Epsom. Magnesium encourages the uptake of essential nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium which will aid in a healthy plant.

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

If you know your not over or under watering and your PH levels are good. I would start with it most likely being a Magnesium Deficiency, Epsom Salt is 100% Magnesium! Get some plain, unscented Epsom Salt. Use 3/4 Tablespoon to a gallon of water when you water your plants! You can safely do this after your plants are a foot tall, do not (I repeat DO NOT) feed them Epsom Salt during the first 2 weeks of flowering as this tends to decrease bud growth. Outside the 2 weeks after switching to flower it is safe to resume giving them Epsom. Magnesium encourages the uptake of essential nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium which will aid in a healthy plant.

I used calmag throughout this grow, 1x a week

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

I just took some pictures of the root system of one plant i harvested about a week ago

Does this plants look root bounded?

IMG 20211222 WA0014
IMG 20211222 WA0015
IMG 20211222 WA0016
IMG 20211222 WA0010

Latest posts

Top Bottom