Late Flowering Issues. Help =/.

• Thread starter Cannasoir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannasoir

Cannasoir

So I am 5 weeks into flowering. Growing under a 600w hps with it about 18 inches away from the ladies. Also have 5 300w and 4 150 cfls which i keep 2-3 inches away. combined lumen output equaling around 48,000 lumens for 6 plants.Growing in soil and Currently feeding them Liquid KoolBloom 0-10-10. I feed them once a week, and I water 3 times a week. The pH stays around 6.5. I also mix in one tbs molasses per gallon every other plain watering. I also use MightyWash to keep my spidermite problem in check, so far it has worked really well.

1. I am noticing the leaves turning yellow and slightly twisting and curling. I am thinking maybe a pH problem and possibly some type of deficiency. All help is greatly appreciated.

2. Nug growth seems small to me, I dont think I am giving them enough food, or the right type of food as they are only getting 0-10-10 right now. Any suggestions on some nutes to give these ladies before I flush? Also should I flush for one week or two?

Note*** There is one extremely tall plant in this bunch that you may notice. It was a seed I had started the same time I received my clones. The clones are Master Kush which are indicas. The seed is a Blue Dream plant which is a sativa which is why she is so tall.

Late flowering issues help
Late flowering issues help 2
Late flowering issues help 3
Late flowering issues help 4
Late flowering issues help 5
Late flowering issues help 6
Late flowering issues help 7
Late flowering issues help 8
Late flowering issues help 9
Late flowering issues help 10

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
first off you might b over watering..i water/feed about every third day
and if there is no mites, i would stop using it

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

I was just doing the recommended 3 washes of the mighty wash, To make sure I exterminated all the ones that hatched from the eggs as well. Tonight was the third application and was only going to apply again if I saw them. Also I have only been on this watering schedule about a week, and that's when they started to look like this, so ill ease up on the watering. I started watering that much because I read that the plants are using up more water in this stage to fatten up the buds. Kinda sounded iffy because don't they use more water during veg when they are stretching and bushing out? but I still thought it sounded reasonable. And around the same time, my timers had crapped out on me and the lights were left on 24 hours without any air conditioning. temps had stayed at around 110 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 hours =[. They got pretty dry and some of the leaves got burnt.

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

temps? rh?
with the lights on, temps stay at around 76-78 degrees Fahrenheit
with the lights off it drops to 66-70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rh during lights 45%-50%
Rh lights off 55% sometimes can go up to 60%

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I was just doing the recommended 3 washes of the mighty wash, To make sure I exterminated all the ones that hatched from the eggs as well. Tonight was the third application and was only going to apply again if I saw them. Also I have only been on this watering schedule about a week, and that's when they started to look like this, so ill ease up on the watering. I started watering that much because I read that the plants are using up more water in this stage to fatten up the buds. Kinda sounded iffy because don't they use more water during veg when they are stretching and bushing out? but I still thought it sounded reasonable. And around the same time, my timers had crapped out on me and the lights were left on 24 hours without any air conditioning. temps had stayed at around 110 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 hours =[. They got pretty dry and some of the leaves got burnt.
there you go bro...heat stress and over feeding

T

Thatgirl

The lights need to be further away too. The one in the first photo looks totally top burned to me. You got to give them some space to grow, for them to grow :)

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

The lights need to be further away too. The one in the first photo looks totally top burned to me. You got to give them some space to grow, for them to grow :)

yeh I think that happened when the lights were left on 24 hours without any types of fans or coolers on:( The only light I have hanging above them is my hps and its about 18 inches away from them . I still am upset that my timers went to crap on me. I wish I could be there all day to control it myself to make sure it gets done but I do have other things in life to handle as well:confused: . Upgraded my timers so hopefully no more malfunctions. That one day seems to have messed things up and is still haunting me.

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

Always a very helpful community here. I had my own assumptions about what the problems were but decided to post here anywasy for more feed back. Thanks everyone :D

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Do you use distilled water or RO?? It could be your Ph causing a lockout, sometimes it's not over feeding it's just a lockout, so using less nutes doesn't always fix it. Some plants can take alot of ferts and others can't, my Big Bang can take a full strength feeding twice a week during flowering and other strains can only take 1/2 strength the entire grow.

I just woke up this morning an hour after lights on with my closet door closed, 100F. I hate when that shit happens but it was only 1 hour not 24, thats gotta be what caused some of those burns because I keep my 600w (no cool tube) about 18" and they have never had burn problems like that. just my 2 cents and I hope you figure it out soon.

Chobble

Chobble

Who told you to use mighty wash this late in flower. Its recommend as a dip on clones fyi.

You probably want to cut back a little bit with the feed when you do, and flush a couple of times, Pull of any badly damage leaves and go on your merry way.

jyip

jyip

The lights need to be further away too. The one in the first photo looks totally top burned to me. You got to give them some space to grow, for them to grow
i have my 1K hps about 28 inches from mine, b4 i used to move it up n down to keep it closer but closer than 18-20inch bleaches the top leaves n damages even tho the hand test passed,,,, good luck with it

Chobble

Chobble

I keep my 600w about 12-18 inches from my plants. You should have enough air flow constantly on the plants that burn like that doesn't happen.

Chobble

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

i have my 1K hps about 28 inches from mine, b4 i used to move it up n down to keep it closer but closer than 18-20inch bleaches the top leaves n damages even tho the hand test passed,,,, good luck with it

good information, thank you,

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

I keep my 600w about 12-18 inches from my plants. You should have enough air flow constantly on the plants that burn like that doesn't happen.

Chobble

I have four fans in the grow room. One blowing between the hps light and the top of the plants, another blowing around my cfls. One venting the air out of the room, and another bringing in cold air.

Chobble

Chobble

I have four fans in the grow room. One blowing between the hps light and the top of the plants, another blowing around my cfls. One venting the air out of the room, and another bringing in cold air.

No oscillating fan though? You should get osicallting or go home, Fans that just blow at your plants on a constant are kind of pointless. The oscillating will help get air moving etc.

Chobble

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

No oscillating fan though? You should get osicallting or go home, Fans that just blow at your plants on a constant are kind of pointless. The oscillating will help get air moving etc.

Chobble

Haha yes two of them are constantly oscillating 24 hours a day. forgot to add that above, kinda tired here had a long day :). then the other two are intake and exhaust.

Top Bottom