Late Late Outdoor Question

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I'm in LA/SFV.
Let say I Started with seeds tomorrow(9/10), and veg(under T-5s) until say November(mid..10-11weeks from seed to outdoor), and then put them out like any other all outdoor grow(no greenhouse, just 2o gallon smart pot/soil). Assuming no problems arouse, would they grow, and produce the same as if I started the same way in say July(or the day before the summer solstice)?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

They would start to flower right away. So your veg time would be far less than a plant put out in May. That means much smaller plants.

Also, intense sun and heat creates a better growing environment than cold, dim winters. Since your in SFV, your winter will be very mild.

I say, throw them outside and let them do their thing. It wont be the biggest harvest, or the highest quality, but you will for sure still be able to harvest buds from winter grown herb. I do it every year in a much colder environment. However I have greenhouses.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I am doing my normally indoor grow, but want to grow out the seeds I just got from the bay(Yesterday..Napalm OG, Aligee's TWreck, Dark Horse Gen. FaceMelt OG, and my 3rd pack of Alien Lemon Alien Dawg/LAD)..I just want to see the growth potential. Find a good Male from at least one of them..and get cuttings for future indoor grows.
Also have an outdoor grow right now(first one)..put it out one week before Summer Solstice. So not much veg time.
#5 is Alien's Alien Grenade
#6 is Aliens Lemon Alien Dawg(v2.3), Aligee's Alien Fire Dog(v3), and WolfPack's Green Crack/Kush(which is being used as a breeding female with a LAD's male(v2m)...(notice my baby boy in the background w/ his favorite toy?)

2015 outdoor grow Alien Grands Lemon Alien dawg first grow 054
2015 outdoor grow Alien Grands Lemon Alien dawg first grow 055
2015 outdoor grow Alien Grands Lemon Alien dawg first grow 042
2015 outdoor grow Alien Grands Lemon Alien dawg first grow 043
2015 outdoor grow Alien Grands Lemon Alien dawg first grow 038
2015 outdoor grow Alien Grands Lemon Alien dawg first grow 050
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can totally do this in the LA basin and extend your veg time by lighting them up at night, and maybe early morning. All you want to do is wake them up, so it doesn't take much light to do that.

Your bigger problem down there is going to be humidity, as you probably already know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom