Late Start Need Some Advice Please. Should I Continue Grow? (pics)

• Thread starter ChinaRider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChinaRider

Hey there guys/gals. Hope all is well. I have been visiting this forum for a while now, but haven't found it necessary to post, however I would really appreciate some advice as to whether or not it makes sense to continue this grow (my first)? These forums have been such an amazing resource filled with literally a ton of great information, and I thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I have always had great luck with the search button, but I need help with this.

I was given a bunch of bag seeds that came from a Blue Dream plant, and decided to attempt to cultivate my own. It's a long story, and I'll spare you the drama as to why, but my seedlings are only between 1-3 weeks old as of today, July 25 (pics attached). They are in clay pots/Solo cups with FFOG soil, and some additional perlite. Clay pots and cups have about 1-2 inches of perlite I have kept these outside since day 1, and I would really prefer not to have to bring them inside to finish. I live just outside of Baltimore, Maryland in zone 7a.

So my question is, is it going to be possible to harvest any flower from these plants, or is it just too late? If it's possible, what's the best way to get there? I don't wan't to invest time or money (like buying smart pots) in a fruitless quest to grow something that the plant isn't even capable of.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Attached Files:
Late start need some advice please should i continue grow pics
Late start need some advice please should i continue grow pics 2
Late start need some advice please should i continue grow pics 3

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Don't know how you're going to tell what you've got with those seeds. How did you come upon a bag of Blue Dream seeds? Were these bought from a legitimate supplier?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hey there guys/gals. Hope all is well. I have been visiting this forum for a while now, but haven't found it necessary to post, however I would really appreciate some advice as to whether or not it makes sense to continue this grow (my first)? These forums have been such an amazing resource filled with literally a ton of great information, and I thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I have always had great luck with the search button, but I need help with this.

I was given a bunch of bag seeds that came from a Blue Dream plant, and decided to attempt to cultivate my own. It's a long story, and I'll spare you the drama as to why, but my seedlings are only between 1-3 weeks old as of today, July 25 (pics attached). They are in clay pots/Solo cups with FFOG soil, and some additional perlite. Clay pots and cups have about 1-2 inches of perlite I have kept these outside since day 1, and I would really prefer not to have to bring them inside to finish. I live just outside of Baltimore, Maryland in zone 7a.

So my question is, is it going to be possible to harvest any flower from these plants, or is it just too late? If it's possible, what's the best way to get there? I don't wan't to invest time or money (like buying smart pots) in a fruitless quest to grow something that the plant isn't even capable of.

Attached Files:View attachment 723485 View attachment 723486 View attachment 723487
As far as I understand it those are clone only. If they were crossed with something else there is no telling what you're going to have

Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez

Attached Files:View attachment 723485 View attachment 723486 View attachment 723487

Well they look good and healthy. Where you are located you still have close to 2 months (late September) before they flower naturally. That is enough vegetative life for them to produce some decent buds. The cold weather coming near harvest time is probably your biggest problem. I wish you the best of luck!

Bannacis

Bannacis

Actually about the 2nd week of August is when they will start flowering. Sept 22 is the Autumnal Equinox which both night and day are close to being equal. Flowering starts way before that.
With only a couple weeks yet to go, they prolly wont add to much considering from seed they have not had time to mature.
You could try with the biggest ones, but those smallies haven't a chance.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Actually about the 2nd week of August is when they will start flowering. Sept 22 is the Autumnal Equinox which both night and day are close to being equal. Flowering starts way before that.
With only a couple weeks yet to go, they prolly wont add to much considering from seed they have not had time to mature.
You could try with the biggest ones, but those smallies haven't a chance.
I thought those seeds were going to be autoflowers?

C

ChinaRider

Don't know how you're going to tell what you've got with those seeds. How did you come upon a bag of Blue Dream seeds? Were these bought from a legitimate supplier?

Thanks dnewsome2. A friend had an entire unit of Blue Dream that was grown outdoors somewhere in Mendocino County, and there were a ton of seeds in it. I'm going off of hearsay, so I guess time will tell.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

What makes you think they are autos?
I don't necessarily know if you're going to have Autoflower. All I am saying is when you start cross breeding it can get very confusing. The problem being not knowing what those seeds were crossed with.

Top Bottom