• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The Lincoln County Sheriff's Department tweeted on Thursday that the water supply in Hugo, Colorado had been tainted with THC. It is unclear how that might have happened. The department went on to warn residents of the town of less than 1,000 that they should refrain from bathing or cooking with the water, surely to the chagrin of Colorado-based Dixie Elixirs, manufacturer of THC-infused bath products.

Later, the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department indicated (also via Twitter) that "Health Officials Law Enforcement Officers, and Emergency Managers are all involved in this situation," and added that bottled water would be arriving soon. Testing was ordered, the account said, after residents complained, but added, somewhat puzzlingly that there was "no level of concentration," and "no symptoms to anyone."

Sanho Tree, director of the Drug Policy Project at the Institute for Policy Studies told VICE that the THC found in marijuana buds, if it were in the water, wouldn't actually get anyone high. "It would have to be decarboxylated first," he said, referring to thenecessary process by which THC becomes psychoactive. "Hash oil and concentrates aren't really water soluble," Tree added.

THC, and the other psychoactive compounds in weed can be extracted with water (as they were in this video from our colleagues at Munchies) but it takes further preparation to turn that into something that gets you high.

Neither the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department, nor the Hugo Marshal's Office, whichalso tweeted about the contamination, would immediately return requests for comment, or take any steps toward explaining how the contamination had occurred.

A press conference is scheduled for 7 PM MDT at the Hugo Courthouse.

http://www.vice.com/read/law-enforcement-says-the-tiny-town-of-hugo-colorado-has-thc-tainted-water

Well this is just weird...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
"
Captain Michael Yowell of the sheriff’s office said there was evidence that the well was tampered with, and that the FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation have joined the probe.

The initial screening was done with a “field testing kit,” Yowell told reporters, and the state health department would conduct more through testing. The level of contamination detected was not specified.

"

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I hate using hightimes as a source, but here goes:
http://hightimes.com/news/evidence-...drug-test-is-sending-innocent-people-to-jail/

[The use and possession of drugs in the United States is problematic, but a bigger problem that people are facing is the $2 roadside drug test kits used by cops that can lead to false convictions.

In 1973, Richard Nixon established the DEA, declaring “an all-out global war on the drug menace,” which led to a pair of California inventors patenting a disposable comparison detector kit. After trying out these drug kits, police departments across the country ordered the field tests because of their simplicity and quick results.

And yes, the small and cheap drug tests seem straightforward—but they come with multiple inefficiencies.

The kits contain a single tube of cobalt thiocyanate, which turns blue if exposed to cocaine. However, it also turns blue when exposed to methadone, certain acne medications, household cleaners and up to 80 other compounds.

And that’s not the only flaw with this test. Officers are not educated on how it works, often misinterpreting which colors the test is indicating and misunderstanding the results.

The National Bureau of Standards has even said that the kits “should not be used as sole evidence for the identification of a narcotic or drug of abuse.” Chemists themselves have stopped relying on color tests, preferring to use spectrographs, which give better and clearer results. The Department of Justice has also said that field tests “should not be used for evidential purposes.”

And indeed, the field tests in use today remain inadmissible at trial in nearly every jurisdiction; instead, prosecutors must present a secondary lab test using more reliable methods.]

-This is all meaningless, but they get a bit of credit for allowing or entertaining the idea that something is off. I'm wondering if hemp pollen could be the culprit, even though the thca would be very low, it would likely test positive. I haven't seen any studies that show hemp pollen contains no thc, but I have read how far hemp pollen can travel, especially in water.

The simplest explanation is bad testing protocols, but who cares, they're all criminals amirite so fuck 'em. I wonder when grandma will call asking if her nebraska water is okay to drink. Yes grandma, and it might help your macular degeneration.

Freshone

Freshone

Guess they are getting the attention they want,going to be on the today show in minute.
National news coverage for made up bullshit,how does the make it into a water source?through roots or is everyone in hugoshing their the down the drain?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Guess they are getting the attention they want,going to be on the today show in minute.
National news coverage for made up bullshit,how does the make it into a water source?through roots or is everyone in hugoshing their the down the drain?

Well if you read the article the police stated it appears someone tampered with the well, So logic would imply there someone dumped some hash or the likes into the well..

Hence why they had to call in the FBI and shit...Terrorism and all..And its a felony to taper with a municipals water supply...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Well if you read the article the police stated it appears someone tampered with the well, So logic would imply there someone dumped some hash or the likes into the well..

Hence why they had to call in the FBI and shit...Terrorism and all..And its a felony to taper with a municipals water supply...
This is why this story will be around and will be referred to moving forward. The anti-pot crowd will never care about any details, all they see is 'pot in the water' and they have the reinforcement they seek to validate their views on the matter. This set of our population will never ask or discover what the word "decarboxylation" means. They don't use words they can't spell. Well they do, but they shouldn't.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

When you use $2 field tests you get $2 results, which is criminally stupid. There are almost a hundred known false positives for common things like acne medication. Few of these test results see a courtroom as they are leveraged by plea bargains. The threat of 'going for the most charges possible' is a very real danger in standing up for yourself and defending yourself in a criminal trial. The risks outweigh the rewards. When I look at the population at large, I'd be scared as fudge that my fate would be decided by twelve of my "peers".

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
When you use $2 field tests you get $2 results, which is criminally stupid. There are almost a hundred known false positives for common things like acne medication. Few of these test results see a courtroom as they are leveraged by plea bargains. The threat of 'going for the most charges possible' is a very real danger in standing up for yourself and defending yourself in a criminal trial. The risks outweigh the rewards. When I look at the population at large, I'd be scared as fudge that my fate would be decided by twelve of my "peers".
Let's see..
How bout, Riley, Tank, Peaches, Daisy, Wally, Dolly as Jury of 6??..
Critters have you reached a verdict???
NOT GUILTY YOUR HONOR!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom