Laws and Important things to Know when contacted For grow by Police

• Thread starter Toone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

My advice on dealing with cops is "to each his own." Mums the word for me. I have heard of others being nice to the cops and it worked out good for them but I choose to shut my trap, ask for warrant ( depending on the situation) and I be polite as possible. But taking my way you best be prepared to be hauled off in cuffs. Know the laws and pick your battles wisely. Hell, I do not even converse with them when I get pulled over. If they ask "where you been...where you going," I politely say "I'd rather not discuss my personal issues with you officer." EVERYTHING you say can and WILL be used against you in a court of law. Any GOOD lawyer will agree with me. My STFU antics pisses them off, lol.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My advice on dealing with cops is "to each his own." Mums the word for me. I have heard of others being nice to the cops and it worked out good for them but I choose to shut my trap, ask for warrant and be polite as possible. But taking my way you best be prepared to be hauled off in cuffs. Know the laws and pick your battles wisely.

Sage advice my friend. I usually take the nice, polite, articulate, yet ignorant approach and it has worked very well for me. I've had my share of run-ins . . .hotel rooms, outta state, risky places, you name it. Something or someone has looked out for me, and I have definitely looked out for myself and my peeps!

outwest

R

recreationaluse

You are dead wrong, man. Pigs do it all the time. Google it out. How many peeps been killed cuz piggies thought someone had a gun and it ended up being a snickers bar, cell phone, wallet, etc. Then they cover their ass and throw down a plant (fake gun, knife, etc). Then to seal the deal the pigs say "I feared for my life." Blacks and Hispanics are common targets.[/qu
by law they can not shoot, the cases you speak off always have extenuating circumstances. trust me if i try to run and they shoot, they are done with their careers and life regardless, and if you got a cop whos got the shoot now and ask questions later, go ahead and stick around for that, use all your yes sirs, no ma'am's, and when you get up off your knees, lets see where you end up

N

noone88

Unfortunately, the pendulum has swung the other way in CA when it comes to MMJ laws. They will definitely seize first, maybe arrest you, and then ask questions later.

Don't be rude. Don't say anything. Don't have any guns. Hope that they take your crap and don't arrest you.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Im pretty sure my local sheriff already knows about my Prop. 215 grow. They have been here a few times..about other things....no doubt they looked around.
My close neighbor is a fireman. He knows I grow for my wife, myself and other prop 215 pateints. He said the other neighbors know also.
He said they are cool with it too. They know Im not hurting anyone with my small grow...
Up here Folks are cool...and they watch each others Backs.

But you know what sucks?

Even though Im Ca. Prop 215 legal...the cops could come take my plants and me away anytime..:(

Im not hurting or endangering anyone!!
why would the cops need to bust me?

sky high

sky high

they told me that since I was under arrest they would have to come with me if I had to go back in the house. I told them that they could not enter my home, and they cuffed me and hauled me off. outwest

You can always tell in these threads who HAS and who HASN'T had a similar visit, huh bro?

IMO....those folks who THINK they have any rights or make the claim that >they< will be the one to call the shots when po-po shows up on the doorstep are the ones who have never had such an encounter.

And the folks who think a show of disrespect will shut po-po down are even more clueless. All that does is "make you fall down" on accident....into a baton. As an example, a good friend of mine >>with a mouth<< was the only one of the 6 of us who got popped in a home raid who showed up at the arriagnement with 2 black eyes and a broken nose. He..um..."fell" on a mop handle...don't cha know? Um....DUH.

3 arrests here.....all drug related.....and all went down about the same .... i, e.... the cops called the shots and I had little say in what happened.....until I got a lawyer....

not fun no matter what/...and less fun if yer face is throbbing.... (according to my college bud)

be safe, all. Be smart as well!

s h

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You can always tell in these threads who HAS and who HASN'T had a similar visit, huh bro?

Believe it or not I've been in WAY more compromising situations and walked away unscathed. Ever get kicked out of hotel room at 6 am with 40 of your 'closest' friends. . .and the room is in your name? No bueno. Lots of yessirs and no sirs, and this will be handled immediately sirs. I'm a big believer in getting more with honey then with vinegar.

outwest

greenjoe

greenjoe

Believe it or not I've been in WAY more compromising situations and walked away unscathed. Ever get kicked out of hotel room at 6 am with 40 of your 'closest' friends. . .and the room is in your name?

lol....happened to me when i was about 25 ish...stag party...it was wild..i left around 3 in the morning..i get a call..shit is going down at the hotel(in my name)...get there at 6am..people are sitting on the keg in the parking lot...no cops were involved but the room was very dirty..so the guy goes on and on...so i say "listen i have a carpet cleaning truck i will come over and clean it"....bottom line is i made 600 .00 because i got to clean the whole hotel...and to this date that stag is still talked about....ahh the memories

and when i do get stopped by the a-holes...it is yes sir no sir...may i have another sir...

Chobble

Chobble

I live in the most pot friendly county in the State of California, Which is very possibly the most pot friendly state (Sorry Colorado, Your laws just arnt as easy). Now learn your county laws because Im sure they'll use that if they really want to get you.

In a lot of places though, They will only come after you if your selling it illegally. Now that means you need to call your self a caregiver and take your patients cards and copy them, have a file of everyone you sell your medicine too(All the despensarys do it, Why shouldnt you). In that case its really hard for them to say any illegal action was done. Especially because a lot of the Ukiah raids ect weren't dont by the DEA the local law enforcement was influenced by the DEA to do it so they could charge them under illegal growing in the state not federally.

Post your recommendation and anyone you grow for rec on the door of your room/tent etc.

Dont let them in your house. If they come in keep records of where all your pot goes and how much you grow. You literally have no idea how many times that has saved people.

Chobbles Wise Words

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I live in the most pot friendly county in the State of California, Which is very possibly the most pot friendly state (Sorry Colorado, Your laws just arnt as easy).

I agree and disagree. The laws are stricter in CO, or possibly more clearly defined. For example, you can't just walk into a dispo in CO to sell your wares. I get the sense from reading this forum that that's not the case in CA. I would like to think that stricter regulation at the state level has gone a long way to mitigating federal involvement.

outwest

S

swisscheese

Respectful and firm. I'm not looking to make any statements sir. Do you have a warrant? Keep all your doors and windows locked.

Chobble

Chobble

I agree and disagree. The laws are stricter in CO, or possibly more clearly defined. For example, you can't just walk into a dispo in CO to sell your wares. I get the sense from reading this forum that that's not the case in CA. I would like to think that stricter regulation at the state level has gone a long way to mitigating federal involvement.

outwest

Well I dont think they should be limiting the amount of plants we can grow etc. Which is why I say that.

Chobble

T

Toone

I live in the most pot friendly county in the State of California, Which is very possibly the most pot friendly state (Sorry Colorado, Your laws just arnt as easy). Now learn your county laws because Im sure they'll use that if they really want to get you.

In a lot of places though, They will only come after you if your selling it illegally. Now that means you need to call your self a caregiver and take your patients cards and copy them, have a file of everyone you sell your medicine too(All the despensarys do it, Why shouldnt you). In that case its really hard for them to say any illegal action was done. Especially because a lot of the Ukiah raids ect weren't dont by the DEA the local law enforcement was influenced by the DEA to do it so they could charge them under illegal growing in the state not federally.

Post your recommendation and anyone you grow for rec on the door of your room/tent etc.

Dont let them in your house. If they come in keep records of where all your pot goes and how much you grow. You literally have no idea how many times that has saved people.

Chobbles Wise Words
what county is that?

T

Toone

Unfortunately, the pendulum has swung the other way in CA when it comes to MMJ laws. They will definitely seize first, maybe arrest you, and then ask questions later.

Don't be rude. Don't say anything. Don't have any guns. Hope that they take your crap and don't arrest you.
the thing is i dont want them to take them at all because later on in court you find that you are inocent but u stil lose all those plants

T

Toone

outwest
Well you cant really just want in to a dispo and sell without a legal vendors card and if not the only other way would to be a patient first for a patient to patient deal im sure Co is the same after all no matter what we are all people

smokey79

smokey79

boils down in uk to hypocrasy the upper class make em the midddle feel protected workin and below just break em and keep em rich btief in the money... they make outo us, it a game and a knowlege is power but then again, sometimes now makes no odds most justice here is lawer-prosecution tal;kin for 5 and agreein a deal that one wouldnt wish to refudse policlical a had to plea to aknife, despite 4xmore serious, and them accepting the reason and that i had know intention to harm, there alot of dirty cops but that dep the court n judge they not stupid n know cops play the same game....if y not want to take it like a man dont fuckin do it simples
;)

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have had it go both ways...one time cooperated, no harm no foul and another time cooperated no harm, big foul both times the scale was about the same...the thing that is different IMO when you demand a warrant they perform their search of property and premises in way different mode, rabid dog mode more like. They secure you and the property anyways while they are waitin for the warrant so for the most part there is no way to effect the outcome of the search or what they find. So you might want to opt for the less distructive and possibley less problems due to a complete top to bottom search. When you request the warrant you are really only doin so in the hope that your attorney came get the acual search warrant thown out and exclude any evIdence found, etc...but thats about thier only card as far as that goes.....if they are knockin at your door, they will get a warrant, no problem, so its not like they just go away when you demand a warrant.

At the end of the day if you ask for a warrant, you will definately need an attorney and if you cooperate there is a chance that the descresion on the officer in the field lets you walk no harm no foul, no attorney..cost analsys more or less..the other side is $10,000 pre-trial and another $10,000 at trial so get ready for court

Tex

sky high

sky high

Damnnnn TK. I remember you mentioning the first visit. That musta been the one that went well. Sorry to hear those results weren't across the board.

Hopefully folks will listen to what yer sayin. There's always a lot of tough talk on this subject and folks have harshly criticized those who might cooperate...but anyone who has been there will know you speak the truth. I hope the outcome goes well for you. s h

Top Bottom