Leader pump not priming properly, bucking and surging.

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I just setup a Leader Ecojet 1/2 jet pump that does not want to operate properly and I cant figure out what is the problem. Only thing I can think might be the cause is my suction line comes up and over the top of my reservoir and then down to the intake of the pump. I notice on most setups the suction line comes out of the bottom of the reservoir.

I run a 260 gallon Flexitank as my reservoir. In the rez I have a foot valve connected to a riser, off the riser is a tee that brings the suction line out of the reservoir and down towards the pump... top side of this tee I have a cap that I unscrew so I can fill water to prime the pump.

Anyways, pump starts up, works for about 1 min as is should then starts bucking and surging and its doing it to a rhythm. I unscrew the cap on the tee that I use to prime the pump/system. I put a funnel in the hole and decided to try and manually fill it as the pump is running. This actually worked and the pump ran fine for about 3 mins then all of a sudden is started to cycle on and off, surging/bucking and this time because the cap was when it surges is send a bunch of water out of the tee.

I'm gonna call leader in the morning and hopefully they can figure out whats wrong. I really hope they aren't going to tell me that the suction side needs to connect to the bottom of my rez from the outside, instead of coming up and over the top of the rez.

Top Bottom