Leaf Curl after Transplant to Living Soil

• Thread starter thatguy53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thatguy53

thatguy53

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: Crunchberries, Strawberry Cough and Purple Chem -- all affected. Genetics originated from a friend's clones. These particular plants are clones that I took myself from my last grow.
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: Organic Soil, specifically "Great Lakes Water Only" soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: 1 Gallon Airpots/Oxypots/the plastic root pruning ones with the holes in the sides
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): Living soil so I generally don't water to runoff but for troubleshooting's sake it was 6.8ph in and 6.8 runoff
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Not applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
  • Light system: 240W QB, 20" above canopy
  • Temps; Day, Night: Night 65F, Day 75F
  • Humidity; Day, Night: I think about 45%. Haven't checked lately. One of my pictures is showing that it was 36% at the time of the picture but the tent had been open a while which pretty quickly drops humidity and temps.
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes, 4" exhaust fan
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: No
  • Co2; Yes, No: No
Took clones from my last grow and started them in an aeroponics bucket then transplanted to Dixie cups with Roots Organic Original soil. Next transplant was to the 1 gallon airpots with "Great Lakes Water Only" soil which was two weeks ago. Last week I started to notice that new growth was light green and that established leaves were starting to show dark veins but light green in between. A few days ago I started to see some leaf curl. Even though there was a little leaf curl I was thinking maybe a magnesium deficiency because of leaf colors so I fed with some organic calmag last night (Roots Organics CalMag liquid nutrients).
Leaf curl after transplant to living soil
Leaf curl after transplant to living soil 2
Leaf curl after transplant to living soil 3
Leaf curl after transplant to living soil 4
Doesn't seem to have helped so now I'm thinking the soil is just too hot. Do I ride it out and just wait? Thank you!!

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

I'm not an expert by any means, but yeah, looks like too much nitrogen...perhaps coupled with some stress from the multiple transplants.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge of soil can chime in and help.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Yes, IMO you should just ride it out. Give them good water, make sure your lights aren’t too close (maybe raise them for a little while), and try to keep them as happy as you can. Don’t let them get too dry or too wet for now. Don’t give them anything else (no ph up or down, just good water.) Any deficiencies are probably a lock-out problem so giving them more will only make things worse. If the soil is a little hot for them, there isn’t much you can do about that now anyway.

Top Bottom