Leaf Curl

• Thread starter kevinb42420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kevinb42420

kevinb42420

Newb here. Have 2 plants that were put into flower about a week ago. One of the plants has leaf curl on the ends of the leaves and has for weeks now. I read that this could be from overwatering but I have cut back and seen no change. I'm feeding with fox farm big bloom and also supplementing with calmag. The plant doesn't seem to be suffering because of it but being a newb I figured I could learn a thing or 2. Any help would be much appreciated.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

pic of it plz and how are u watering and when??

kevinb42420

kevinb42420

Watering 32 oz ph'd tap every 2 days and feeding once a week

kevinb42420

kevinb42420

This is actually my 2nd grow, had a single plant a few years back, def learned a trick or 2 but there's always more to learn and now that it's legal in mass it's game on!

hermit186

hermit186

Back off the nutrents about 15% or a bit more. (after you get back to normal growth) What is the PH of that plant. Do a slurry test.
You are getting close to N tox also need to thin a bit air movement is important.
What is your media. If dirt your feeding nutrients into something that didn't need it till week 2 to 4
Cal/mag is the biggest part of your problem. The N in cal/mag will drive you into N Tox and after that.
Read Seamaidens post on Cal/mag and treat them individually and put cal/mag on shelf you will never use it again.
The leaf gets long and skinny and the tips droop. In your case the nutrients your adding are burning the tips of every leaf I can see. That means your over feeding and over watering. Your correction is hard.
Your PH has locked out the nutrients your adding is one.
Mostly I would recommend a flush but not to you You need to get the PH of the root ball.
All media has a different PH factor.
If you establish that the ph is right then reduce your feeding by 50% and water every 3rd day
Second water in 3 days cut back by half again and water till the plant start to show signs of recovery.
When you water do you get run off PH that and PPM or E.C. If it's right the PH will be just a bit higher than when you put into plant but here is you the PPM or E.C. of that plant will be very high. If your doing it right the Ph will change little and the E.C. or ppm will go down just a bit as the plans use the nutrients.
If it's higher when it comes out your plants are not using it.
When I started here I would test a bit. Now I test every day I look at plant 2 times a day. once a week I am there when lights come on to see how they recover from the droop of sleep.
In baseball they count and keep track of everything you should have a note book and put how and when and what. Mostly your doing better than I did on my second try. Look at all the pictures you can ask any question.
I am not trying to rain on your game and I will help all I can any question if I can't answer I no who can.
Sorry am retired Mstg. I don't give lectures well so most think I am blunt.
You have 3 here already talk to them 2 have given me advice in the past and was solid advice.

xenon730

xenon730

that's the claw.
caused by excess nitrogen.
lower feed amounts.
are you feeding with the trio? big bloom is their mixing one with the low npk. youre not feeding just that right?

kevinb42420

kevinb42420

yes I am. What else should I be giving them? I'll get on it right away

kevinb42420

kevinb42420

Thanks for all the info! I wanna learn as much as possible and figured this was a good place to start.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

First of all, not bad on your second round buddy! Just try to start your gardens with a minimalist mindset towards nutes, In all honesty one of the best Cannabis varietal growers i knew used basic pro-mix and added a half cup of vermicompost (this had langbenite in it ) in each container until the plants got bigger and showed this farmer what they needed. I am a bit of a weirdo here at the farm in that i truly believe my plants pick up on my positive or negative energy when i am in there so it's always positive, Try to not OVERDIAGNOSE/or overdue anything. These varietals are weeds and should be pretty hearty. If those are two in one container maybe start thinking about training them away from each other a bit maybe?

kevinb42420

kevinb42420

It's just one in that container, I just thinned it out in middle to get some more airflow, took a few clones.

kevinb42420

kevinb42420

Yeah I haven't fed them in about a week, just gonna let them do their thing, otherwise they seem healthy, here's a pic of the other one from a couple weeks ago

IMG 4121

Latest posts

Top Bottom