Leaf Curling Problem! Pics

• Thread starter .MonsterRobot.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

.MonsterRobot.

So I have some Lemon Skunk and Jack Flash clones (along with many others but they don't seem to have the same problem) and when I added my 1000 watt MH to my tent to warm it up a bit the leafs on some of the plants started to curl up like a venus fly trap or canoe... I think it might be heat stress and I have added an air cooled hood to my tent and that dropped the temps a lot but I just wanted to make sure and get some other opinions...

It might be a nutrient problem too because I forgot to top off my res for a while and the PPM was increasing every day because the plants were drinking faster than they were taking in the nutes...

I am growing in Hydroton in an Ebb and Gro system and have a total of 18 plants right now... the only ones that seem to have problems are the Lemon Skunk and Jack Flash right now... I am using Humboldt Nutrients Oneness program with a little bit of Hygrozyme and some MagiCal that came with the system...

PH has been right around 5.7-5.9 so I don't think it is a PH problem...

The last 2 pictures of the bigger plants are of my Purple God Bud and I think that it has some kind of nutrient problem but I am not quite sure... It could just be the new growth?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
MonsterRobot

Leaf curling problem pics
Leaf curling problem pics 2
Leaf curling problem pics 3
Leaf curling problem pics 4
Leaf curling problem pics 5
R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
The first three pics look like a deficiancy problem, feed them a well balanced diet at about 900ppm-1200ppm, depending on what they can take, which only you will know. The last few look like a possible overdose of nitrogen (edge of leaves are dark green), lower the feed on these and see if they snap out. If lowering the feed a bit doesn't help (within a week) then you know it's a deficiancy. It's important to feed a well balanced diet whenever you feed and even in the beginning of flushing, so you don't create deficancies or compound deficancies you may already have. Make sure your ph is right or none of the above applies, triple check! Heat is only going to add to these problems so make sure it stays under 78 preferably.

I

ismokepot

Lime green leaves at the top of the plant mean Mg deficiency. Water with epson salts.....

M

.MonsterRobot.

Thanks for all the input and help!

I have added a cool tube for my light and that dropped the temperature down to around 70 deg F but there is still some leaf curling... It drastically reduced the curling tho so I think it will get better with time... As for the Mag def I am pretty sure that is exactly what it is on the bigger plants... I went out and got some CalMag and added that to my res and hopefully that helps the problem.

Thanks again,
MonsterRobot

Top Bottom