Leaf Curling?

• Thread starter JustStartedD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

i cleaned up my fan today and it is blowing way harder so I have it at the very lowest setting. When I got back from work I noticed some leaves kinda curling down. Is this because of excessive wind ?

Leaf curling
Leaf curling 2
Enforcer

Enforcer

IMO, it’s a little hard to be sure from the pics.

If the clawing is only happening to the leaves in front of the fan = wind burn.

If the clawing is all over the plant and the leaves are a very dark green = nitrogen toxicity.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wind isn't going to effect your plants! If anything it makes them stronger. IMO Good luck ~ Julie

Actually, it can burn them. Just like when people get chapped skin. Though you are correct in that some wind strengthens plants by promoting new cell growth and creating better elasticity.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

i cleaned up my fan today and it is blowing way harder so I have it at the very lowest setting. When I got back from work I noticed some leaves kinda curling down. Is this because of excessive wind ?

Are those specks on the leaves dust or freckling? If freckling use a loupe to check for pests. Spider Mites will leave tiny spots that can be seen from the top of the leaves, and a on plant that small, can create enough toxicity to cause curl. Your plant looks pretty healthy so it's unlikely but better safe than sorry.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

IMO, it’s a little hard to be sure from the pics.

If the clawing is only happening to the leaves in front of the fan = wind burn.

If the clawing is all over the plant and the leaves are a very dark green = nitrogen toxicity.
The leaves are dark green, and I'll start using less calmag, the plant doesn't look to be having any issues that I need it right now , I think it might best to cut it off for a bit. Also I woke up this morning (after messing around with my fan last night) some of the leaves on the plant are started to straighten out a little. Some are still waking up. But the curling is not as intense as yesterday.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Are those specks on the leaves dust or freckling? If freckling use a loupe to check for pests. Spider Mites will leave tiny spots that can be seen from the top of the leaves, and a on plant that small, can create enough toxicity to cause curl. Your plant looks pretty healthy so it's unlikely but better safe than sorry.
Idolize feed the plants every other day with seaweed extract, and a few times I grabbed the wrong bottle and sprayed them with seaweed+recharge so I think what you're seeing there is remains of the dried up mixture. But I'll get my mag glass and look just to be safe

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Why are you adding cal-mag to your soil? Are you using RO? Cal-mag contains decent ammount of nitrogen. So does your soil.
I'm not using ro water , & I did some reading last night. My water where I'm located has a lot of trace elements/minerals so it might be that even though I added half strength calmag the water already contained some type of nitrogen + the one in the soil already that's what I think caused the problem

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Idolize feed the plants every other day with seaweed extract, and a few times I grabbed the wrong bottle and sprayed them with seaweed+recharge so I think what you're seeing there is remains of the dried up mixture. But I'll get my mag glass and look just to be safe

Sounds reasonable. I didn't really think they were or they would probably concentrated in a group and be more of them. But, we both do agree, never hurts to check.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

I meant to say foliar feed in that last message , & this is the white stuff on the leaves doesn't look too crazy and doesn't seem like lil spiderz

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Shes in great shape..you going to bend her over or just tie the laterals down..
Yeah I'm just waiting for the undergrowth to get a little bigger , also I was planning to do some lst this morning but I couldn't find my plant ties anywhere.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Looking better. I think you had a touch of both going on. A little wind burn here, a little N tox there. You’re on the right track now. Nice work.
I just pointed the fan upward towards the ceiling, the air that bounces off still manages to hit the plants a bit where they move but not to an excessive amount. I'll do an update after I get home today to see if the curling stopped completely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom