Leaf Deficiency

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Any idea guys...i have these pics up on my grow diary trying to work out what it is..ive given plant aloe and kelp ferment on 27 dec drenched and foliar on 2nd jan it has cal mag in it but im not seeing any improvement.i have some professors nutrient im thinking of trying ...its a 4 in 1 ...nitrogen ,cal,mag,and iron.some leaves 2nd from top are showing fading in between the veins and appears to b progressing..you can see the 4th from top leaves with fadind at the base of stem...soil in 2 areas i checked for ph are 6.5 6.6. Posting to a wider audience to see what others think is wrong.....cheers Max
Leaf deficiency
Leaf deficiency 2
Leaf deficiency 3
Leaf deficiency 4
Leaf deficiency 5

Monster762

Monster762

I think looking pretty good. I see what you mean it’s almost like start of hunger but also looks little like iron. You might be right on trying that 4-1. It’s basically calmag with added n and iron right? Overall it’s pretty minor so just try 1 thing at a time so you know what fixes it. I think your first option might do the trick. Ph should be good usually they seem to like a little acidic.
I’m no pro but I wouldn’t worry at this point.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah it says its formulated with those 4...contains fulvic acid and chelated minerals.
Mentions it provides protection against excessive nutrients salt buildup ,enviromental stress and lack of clorophyll etc... i have another plant in different area different soil and less amendments showing same .same strain too.plants either side dont have symtoms and are healthy which is wierd..

chemistry

chemistry

Might be over feeding, or if your using tap water it can change your PH on an outdoor grow.

Madmax

Madmax

Def not over feeding ..if anything its underfeeding..but they look healthy the other plants have had same fertiliser..they had bat guarno 10 10 2 on thev13 dec aloe and kelp ferment fertilizer what they mainly have been getting is only between 1.5 to 1.8 in npk.and can b given twice a week...ive just given them 6ltrs of guarno ea with 1/2 cup of coconut water to 9 ltrs..they were due for a good feed .most likely the last time it gets of guarno as will b budding in a month..
Im on tank rain water which is about 6.3 6.4 and everytime they get the aloe kelp ferment they get cal mag aswell .so im a little stumped whats going on..

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You are directly in the earth correct??? No containers or grow bags looks to me. Did you do a soil test from the location you are using?, if directly in the earth. Without a upfront soil test you will at times find you may actually be overfeeding the plants and signs and symptoms from overfeeding may show.

The reason I ask is depending on what part of the globe your growing in very rarely will you find your soils will be deficient in the minerals for a successful grow. With longer running strains you may find the need to amend or fertilize on your next seasons run as the soil will then be deficient from the season before.

You can get a soil test for a nominal fee and it will help you to understand what if any amending you need to do on the front end of your grow when planting. The cost of the ST will pay for itself just in savings you enjoy from not having to buy all the bags and bottles when you may not even need them.

I only say this as the most common mistake guys outdoors make is not knowing the nutrient/mineral levels in their native soils and start pounding the grow with fancy bottles and topdressing etc that aren't even required based on the soil profile from the test.

Be mindfull of how much guano you are using. It is potent and without a soil test you don't even know if your location is deficient in anything you need for a awesome grow...…………..

My next statement is based on the fact that your soil is in good shape from the test , then the only time you will need to amend is if you use the same spot for consecutive runs as cannabis is a hungry plant and after the 1st season your soil profile will need some help. Thats why farmers use crop rotations to change up the demands on the soil biology in their fields.

Again most of the time we as growers experience issues it is do to with overwatering and or overfeeding in an attempt to force the genetics to produce huge amounts when truly a great soil doesn't need all that much help.

Hope this helps. Do soil testing and understand your results and it will make you a better grower. Not saying you already aren't :D just saying that test is an awesome tool for your arsenal!!!!

Madmax

Madmax

Yes im in the earth.I agree with you buddy 100% .i have been growing in same location for the last 20 years the area im using at the back ive never had anything in there ever and they are the 2 with the symptoms.one is just started with symptoms nearly 4 months after planting.the other three at front are going well every year i move the hole 40 cm left right up down etc and have only used a couple amendments ea yr.they dont grow big plants bout a pound 1.5 high as im restricted..this year for some fun ive bought my first seeds online .always just used bagseed..uno grow dope smoke dope thats it haha.all plants have been good quality but nothin special..so this year ive gave the soil a hambuger with the lot haha..and have just start extending side fences because the plants are getting a nice size and will def get over 1.5 even with tying them down..
With the watering last couple weeks have been getting hot.gave them 5ltrs on the 4th tested with moisture meter this arvo and some areas were near in the red.so they are using 2 1/2 3 ltrs a day when hot..no signs of overwatering etc..i was quite amazed actually.
Nxt year i want to use coots no till or subcools supersoil in a few spots only got room for 6..i will get one of those soil tests...

Top Bottom