Leaf deformaties

• Thread starter ColasQueen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColasQueen

I just flipped the gyrlz to 12/12 and am noticing some leaf deformaties. Not related to any bugs....what could be causing this? More photos in my gallery on this.
Any advice/thoughts are welcome
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0310

C

ColasQueen

Here is some more info:
CQ's Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clones
2. How old are your plants? 39 days from when they went into buckets under HPS (12 days old prior to that)
3. How tall are your plants? 22 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 2 ½ gln buckets
5. What is your soil mix? Roots Organic Coco Fiber (soilless)
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Every other day I feed (with nutrients) and every third feeding is only trinity. Tap water, ALWAYS ph’d.
7. What is the pH of your water? Out of the tap, 7.9, when I feed/water 5.5-6.1
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Here is the list of what I feed, it changes as they grow. (Roots Organic: Trinity, HP2, HPK
Aurora Innovations: Soul Grow, Soul Bloom, Amino Aide, Big Swell)
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Nitrozime (kelp) once a week only in veg
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") I use 4 – 600 HPS in cooled hoods.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? About 8 inches from the top, it is on a light rail which moves the lights side to side
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Uh, 10X10X12
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? I keep it around 78-81 and humidity 41-44
14. What is the pH of the soil? Interesting, I haven’t tested the soil, how would I do that? Stick the pH meter in the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Not this round, but fungus gnats are a problem for me. I use yellow sticky’s for the adults and gnatrol for the others. Seems to work well for me.
16. How much experience do you have growing? This is my fourth go around personally.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
to test the soil PH simply use RO water and water till you get a run off in the bottom of the plant....gather some in a cup and test the water....gives you a pretty decent idea of where the soil PH is. also the light might be a little to close to the plants not quite burning them yet but taking the moisture out of them....it could also be from too much calcium magnesium, that can make leafs curl also. have you been light feeding and workin your feeding levels up as they start to demand more, or have to stuck with the same nute levels the whole time?
I had something that looked like that a few cycles ago and it was from the mix of nutes i was feeding them with a combination of the room being a lil on the warm side too. 78~81 is a lil high in my eyes. try to drop it down to 72 and something like 68 when lights out....~SMF~

C

ColasQueen

Thanks SMF for the info :-)
I will test soil ph tomorrow when I water the gyrlz with just trinity/water. Appreciate the info.
I lifted he lights last night so they are now about 10-12 inches from the tops.
I increase the nutes as we go along, starting low and building up. I also flush them now every three weeks as last crop I got nute lock out in the last two weeks of flower.
Thought I had the room temps ok, guess I will lower them to only get up to 78 with lights on and it goes to 64-68 lights out.
What do you think is causing the leaves to curl sideways with only have the leaf growing (hard to explain - see photo in gallery)
I'm not feeding them any cal-mag........good to know that it causes leaf curl.
Ciao,
CQ

B

blahman

I have the same thing on one plant in my current 35 plant grow. I've seen it in the past and have ignored it. Never really turned out to be a problem.

J

Jimson

"... could be the strain"?

I just saw the same thing starting at week 2 in the bud tent. I'm doing Chocolope, LSD and G13-Sskunk (attitude freebie). Only the skunk sprouted these. These girls were cloned when I harvested last cycle.

I'm testing Basement mix & I should say I used Bushmaster (1tsp/Gal) for watering 1 time, in the first week.

34 days - all leaves look the same, plants looked great before I left town for a long weekend. Kinda dry now. :doh
BTW- Skunk looks the healthiest.

Top Bottom