Leaf deformation, deficiency or pest?

• Thread starter elduderito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
elduderito

elduderito

Hi all ...

I've noticed some weird damage on some of my leaves - they also feel a bit dry or crispy - when I manipulate them sometimes these cracks/holes get bigger as the leaves are handled... compared to my recently taken clones (BOG Bubblea and T.H. Seeds Gelato x BDay cake) they don't have as much perkiness (altho they do have more growth).... They are showing a bit of clawed tips since repotting from 1litre BB lightmix to 3.6l plagron allmix

background info:
Karma haze (top dawg seeds) @ 30 days from seed - growing in plagron allmix, very little feeding with biobizz nutes so far (rootjuice, algamic and bit of fishmix), 100w veg spectrum LED, 20-25c with 40 - 65% humidity... they've gotten 3 foliar neem/algamic sprays so far...

Leaf deformation deficiency or pest
Leaf deformation deficiency or pest 2
Leaf deformation deficiency or pest 3
Leaf deformation deficiency or pest 4
elduderito

elduderito

here's another shot of a different leaf ... the more I look at it the more it looks like it's just a mutant leaf... it's weird though because I don't see any mutations in the new growth tips...

20210130 002144
20210130 002237
elduderito

elduderito

Bump!!

Any ideas? I thought it was maybe overwatering so I've been letting them dry out but apparently it's not really helping... -- It seems this is a finicky sativa strain as my other plants (BOG Bubble and TH Seeds gelato33xbday cake) are doing great under the same conditions... I've been feeding 1ml/l biogrow or fishmix, 2ml/l algamic, 1.5ml/l heaven....

Temperatures are around 78 - 80f during the day ... about 70 at lights-off... I

20210205 194738
20210205 194749
20210205 194800
20210205 195315
20210205 195324
20210205 195335
20210205 195344
20210205 195352
elduderito

elduderito

I got my hands on a cheap-o handheld scope (x60 - x100) and I've spotted what looks like mite eggs (little clear bubbles - droplet looking things) - however I don't see any actual mites or any movement....

I've found a webshop for Phytoseiulus persimilis (predator mites) but trying to figure out if that's a good option - there are two versions available - one for low RH (<60%) and one for high RH (>60%) ... they cost about 50 bucks so want to see if that...

I'm a bit worried this will or already has spread to my flower tent which is in a room next door (about 3-4 weeks away from harvest) -- as I can't spray the flower chamber it seems like releasing predatory mites in both my veg tent and flower tent might be a good option...

I've lowed the temperature to around 68f for the time being and sprayed with an organic pesticide (it says its a mix of fatty acids and sodium oleate) - As mentioned above I had already applied Neem 3 times since germinating 35 days ago...

This is what they look like -- but mine seem to be more clear:

Any advice?

Spider mite eggs
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
overwatering to me, with a quick look.?
i’ll read your thread..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’m sticking with it being overwatered and needing a transplant

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I got my hands on a cheap-o handheld scope (x60 - x100) and I've spotted what looks like mite eggs (little clear bubbles - droplet looking things) - however I don't see any actual mites or any movement....

I've found a webshop for Phytoseiulus persimilis (predator mites) but trying to figure out if that's a good option - there are two versions available - one for low RH (<60%) and one for high RH (>60%) ... they cost about 50 bucks so want to see if that...

I'm a bit worried this will or already has spread to my flower tent which is in a room next door (about 3-4 weeks away from harvest) -- as I can't spray the flower chamber it seems like releasing predatory mites in both my veg tent and flower tent might be a good option...

I've lowed the temperature to around 68f for the time being and sprayed with an organic pesticide (it says its a mix of fatty acids and sodium oleate) - As mentioned above I had already applied Neem 3 times since germinating 35 days ago...

This is what they look like -- but mine seem to be more clear:

Any advice?
I just posted about these things on my journal.
They're just trichomes. Nothing to worry about.

elduderito

elduderito

thanks for feedback everyone - GNick55 got it right I believe - I think they were just in need of a transplant -- I should have popped them out to have a look at the root development -- I didn't see any roots poking out the drainage holes so I assumed they weren't even close to ready. I scored the sides of the root ball with a sharp knife to make it easier for them to move into the new space in 11gallon fabric pots.... Hopefully they'll perk up in a few days...

some people had also said that I needed to check EC (feed and run-off) and that it was a Calcium deficiency.... but I've read so many times that EC is not useful for organic ( biobizz) and I've been giving calmag with every other feed...

I'm glad I didn't stick to my first diagnostic of bugs! thanks gglueAaron!

20210206 104411
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
either way they needed it, give them 3/4 days to see if things are looking better before trying anything else, might bounce back sooner too..
let’s hope that’s all it was, the roots becoming strangulated..

Top Bottom