Leaf Diagnosis Help

• Thread starter OGIBar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGIBar

Hey all I'm at week 8 in flower and for the past couple weeks at least I have this strange leaf die off that starts with burnt inside edges (SEE PIC)
I have been struggling off and on with spider mites and have been using mighty wash and nukem flying skull.

I have been feeding regularly with soil A/B, 1ml /gal cal-mag and some black strap molasses.
So all my plants look like I lolipoped em.
I'm using 1 T5 4' 8 bulb lamp inside a 4x4 grow tent
Ac cooling to about 80's pushing down
450 cfm exhaust duct pulling from top
RH approx 60 to 70 as its been super humid in so cal lately.
Also included a wide shot of the 6 plants that consist of
2 black jack
2 sour apple
2 GG#4
They are outside at time of this picture to wash them down

Thanks in advance

Leaf diagnosis help
Leaf diagnosis help 2
Leaf diagnosis help 3
Organikz

Organikz

KRuFnY4-1022x1024.jpg

It's affecting the bottom mostly and progressing up that tells you it's a mobile. Potassium uptake is the issue. The question is what's causing it? Overwatering and low pH are causes as well as excessive nitrogen, magnesium, or sodium. How long since you've flushed? I also notice sativa doesn't like nutes in flower. They flower low and slow.

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

So ur flowering w a t5 and the damage is at the bottom of the plant?
Am i understanding u correctly?

KRuFnY4-1022x1024.jpg

It's affecting the bottom mostly and progressing up that tells you it's a mobile. Potassium uptake is the issue. The question is what's causing it? Overwatering and low pH are causes as well as excessive nitrogen, magnesium, or sodium. How long since you've flushed? I also notice sativa doesn't like nutes in flower. They flower low and slow.
Stop it! Ur embarrassing urself!

Organikz

Organikz

So ur flowering w a t5 and the damage is at the bottom of the plant?
Am i understanding u correctly?

Stop it! Ur embarrassing urself!
i know the charts aren't definitive as the deficiencies will manifest in different ways depending on the strain. I am just using this as a rough guide. overwatering causes symptoms like yours. Try a kelp meal top dress or kelp meal tea. hell even liquid seaweed extract. ive been there broseph. Hang on I'll dig up a pic for you.

@gnome...now that ain't senescense lol

14917102605311612807409-jpg.689000

potassium also increases your plants SAR (systemic aquired resistance). you've mentioned spidey mites. Mites will only attack a plant that is weak and has a low SAR.

G gnome

G gnome

i know the charts aren't definitive as the deficiencies will manifest in different ways depending on the strain. I am just using this as a rough guide. overwatering causes symptoms like yours. Try a kelp meal top dress or kelp meal tea. hell even liquid seaweed extract. ive been there broseph. Hang on I'll dig up a pic for you.

@gnome...now that ain't senescense lol

14917102605311612807409-jpg.689000

potassium also increases your plants SAR (systemic aquired resistance). you've mentioned spidey mites. Mites will only attack a plant that is weak and has a low SAR.

Take a look at his initial post. Think outside the box. Hes given u all the info u need to figure out why his plants are doing what they're doing.
Heres a hint: everything u sed is dead wrong and ur barkin up the wrong tree. Nothing uv suggested will help his issue.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Nute burn? This is less than a year of experience guessing but looks like simple nute burn and something else to cause yellowing. A deficiency?

Organikz

Organikz

Potassium Deficiency In Marijuana Plants
Robert Bergman
5 Comments
All, Nutrients, Plant Care Guides
In this article we will discuss:
Signs of a potassium deficiency
  • How to fix a potassium deficiency
  • List of marijuana plant sypmtoms
A lack of potassium can cause a number of problems in your marijuana plant. Potassium is helpful in a huge number of your plant’s natural processes.

This is simply because potassium assists with the transport of water, which reaches every part of the plant. Every life stage that your plant goes through will require adequate amounts of potassium, and every new growth will need it too. The buds are no exception.

Potassium also helps with water respiration, photosynthesis, the strengthening and thickening of stems, and disease resistance. To put it simply, potassium is extremely important for the well-being of your plant. It is, therefore, crucial to ensure that it is receiving enough potassium to thrive.

If you are growing your marijuana plants in a hydroponic system, you can rest assured that whatever symptoms you are seeing in your plants are not in fact due to a potassium deficiency. Potassium deficiencies almost never happen in plants that are growing in hydroponic systems.

They do, however, happen in planting mediums and outdoor soil every once in a while. They can even happen if your soil is especially rich in fertilizers and nutrients – and if this is the case, incorrect fertilization is probably the cause.

If your plant is lacking in potassium, it might actually be taller than the plants around it, causing the plant to stretch out and its stem to weaken. This can be deceiving, but you will realize that your plants have a problem because of the tan or brown-colored tips and edges of leaves at the bottom, as well as spots of necrotism and leaf death.

Download my free marijuana grow guide at this link for more growing tips

Left untreated, the leaves will start to show chlorotic spots, and they become patchy with red and yellow bits. The veins of these leaves will remain green, but the petioles and stems will become reddish in color.

You will also start to notice your plant’s growth slowing down, and new leaves will grow smaller in size. These symptoms occur when the deficiency has become more serious. Unlike other deficiencies, a lack of potassium is extremely mobile. It will move upward toward the biggest fan leaves, where you will be able to notice necrosis on the margins. These fan leaves will die.

In contrast, if your plant has too much potassium then it will cause the fan leaves to change color in a different way – between the veins they will be yellow or whitish in color.

Not sure if your plants have a potassium deficiency? Read the article Nutrient deficiencies in marijuana plants for a list with pictures of all deficiencies.
How to fix a potassium deficiency
Like with many other nutrient deficiencies, a lack of potassium can be avoided from the get-go by using Marijuana Booster for your plant. Marijuana Booster provides your plant with fertilization as well as a feeding schedule, so it takes out a lot of the difficult planning and decision-making that goes along with giving your plants the proper nutrients.

If you do find that your plant has become potassium deficient, you can try using a bloom fertilizer that is water-soluble and has lots of potassium. Another substance that is packed with potassium is wood ash.

It delivers the nutrient to your plants very effectively. If that’s inaccessible to you, you can also try liquefied kelp, potassium sulfate (wiki), potassium bicarbonate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, or potassium silicate. For a slow-release provider of potassium, try greensand or granite dust.

Sometimes potassium isn’t being taken in correctly due there being too much calcium or nitrogen. You can check your water’s pH and flush out the system, using water with a half-dose of nutrients. You can then wait and see if your plant begins to improve.
List of marijuana plant sypmtoms
Leaf Color:
– Brown or burnt leaf edges
– Pale colored leaves
– Yellowing of the lower, older leaves
– Dark, brown spots
– Burnt leaf tips

Leaf Symptoms:
– Death of leaf tips
– Spots on leaves
– Older leaves falling off

Plant Symptoms:
– Slowed growth
– Twisted and abnormal growth
– Curling leaves (under or upward)
– Stretching – characterized by large spaces between nodes
– Plant is too tall
– Buds not getting fatter

Potassium deficiencies often resemble iron deficiencies. The tell-tale way of knowing that a potassium deficiency is a problem is by the curling leaves, the burnt edges, and leaf death.

What am I missing...it began again with my last grow and I immediately top dressed compost and kelp meal and it stopped in its tracks but idk. Maybe it was dumb luck.

G gnome

G gnome

Potassium Deficiency In Marijuana Plants
Robert Bergman
5 Comments
All, Nutrients, Plant Care Guides
In this article we will discuss:
Signs of a potassium deficiency
A lack of potassium can cause a number of problems in your marijuana plant. Potassium is helpful in a huge number of your plant’s natural processes.

This is simply because potassium assists with the transport of water, which reaches every part of the plant. Every life stage that your plant goes through will require adequate amounts of potassium, and every new growth will need it too. The buds are no exception.

Potassium also helps with water respiration, photosynthesis, the strengthening and thickening of stems, and disease resistance. To put it simply, potassium is extremely important for the well-being of your plant. It is, therefore, crucial to ensure that it is receiving enough potassium to thrive.

If you are growing your marijuana plants in a hydroponic system, you can rest assured that whatever symptoms you are seeing in your plants are not in fact due to a potassium deficiency. Potassium deficiencies almost never happen in plants that are growing in hydroponic systems.

They do, however, happen in planting mediums and outdoor soil every once in a while. They can even happen if your soil is especially rich in fertilizers and nutrients – and if this is the case, incorrect fertilization is probably the cause.

If your plant is lacking in potassium, it might actually be taller than the plants around it, causing the plant to stretch out and its stem to weaken. This can be deceiving, but you will realize that your plants have a problem because of the tan or brown-colored tips and edges of leaves at the bottom, as well as spots of necrotism and leaf death.

Left untreated, the leaves will start to show chlorotic spots, and they become patchy with red and yellow bits. The veins of these leaves will remain green, but the petioles and stems will become reddish in color.

You will also start to notice your plant’s growth slowing down, and new leaves will grow smaller in size. These symptoms occur when the deficiency has become more serious. Unlike other deficiencies, a lack of potassium is extremely mobile. It will move upward toward the biggest fan leaves, where you will be able to notice necrosis on the margins. These fan leaves will die.

In contrast, if your plant has too much potassium then it will cause the fan leaves to change color in a different way – between the veins they will be yellow or whitish in color.

Not sure if your plants have a potassium deficiency? Read the article Nutrient deficiencies in marijuana plants for a list with pictures of all deficiencies.
How to fix a potassium deficiency
Like with many other nutrient deficiencies, a lack of potassium can be avoided from the get-go by using Marijuana Booster for your plant. Marijuana Booster provides your plant with fertilization as well as a feeding schedule, so it takes out a lot of the difficult planning and decision-making that goes along with giving your plants the proper nutrients.

If you do find that your plant has become potassium deficient, you can try using a bloom fertilizer that is water-soluble and has lots of potassium. Another substance that is packed with potassium is wood ash.

It delivers the nutrient to your plants very effectively. If that’s inaccessible to you, you can also try liquefied kelp, potassium sulfate (wiki), potassium bicarbonate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, or potassium silicate. For a slow-release provider of potassium, try greensand or granite dust.

Sometimes potassium isn’t being taken in correctly due there being too much calcium or nitrogen. You can check your water’s pH and flush out the system, using water with a half-dose of nutrients. You can then wait and see if your plant begins to improve.
List of marijuana plant sypmtoms
Leaf Color:
– Brown or burnt leaf edges
– Pale colored leaves
– Yellowing of the lower, older leaves
– Dark, brown spots
– Burnt leaf tips

Leaf Symptoms:
– Death of leaf tips
– Spots on leaves
– Older leaves falling off

Plant Symptoms:
– Slowed growth
– Twisted and abnormal growth
– Curling leaves (under or upward)
– Stretching – characterized by large spaces between nodes
– Plant is too tall
– Buds not getting fatter

Potassium deficiencies often resemble iron deficiencies. The tell-tale way of knowing that a potassium deficiency is a problem is by the curling leaves, the burnt edges, and leaf death.

What am I missing...it began again with my last grow and I immediately top dressed compost and kelp meal and it stopped in its tracks but idk. Maybe it was dumb luck.

Thats great info but it simply does not apply here.

Cmon man, w all ur many years of professional growing w all different kinds of methods the problem shud jump right out at ya.....?

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Thats great info but it simply does not apply here.

Cmon man, w all ur many years of professional growing w all different kinds of methods the problem shud jump right out at ya.....?
Well they're definitely outdoor plants lol. Id have minimal concerns if I was running those so I'll tap out here. PEST PROBLEM!?

Organikz

Organikz

Ok gnome. Please help the man sir. I'm intrigued now. I must bow out. You have experience with these nutes.

G gnome

G gnome

Well they're definitely outdoor plants lol. Id have minimal concerns if I was running those so I'll tap out here. PEST PROBLEM!?
Maybe u shud work on ur reading comprehension lol. It clearly ses in the first post that they were takin outside to be washed off.

Pests aren't helping but not the cause of the leaf degradation. Which is what the thread is about

G gnome

G gnome

Ok gnome. Please help the man sir. I'm intrigued now. I must bow out. You have experience with these nutes.
No haha i dont have experience w those nutes mof im not sure he even sed what kind hes runnin and again this is not a nutrient issue! !!

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Maybe u shud work on ur reading comprehension lol. It clearly ses in the first post that they were takin outside to be washed off.

Pests aren't helping but not the cause of the leaf degradation. Which is what the thread is about
Yeah, my fault. They look pretty bulky to go into a 4×4.

Organikz

Organikz

Well sir please enlighten...heat, lighting...lets help the man and it may help me as I've run into similar issues. Spideys?

Top Bottom