Leaf Discoloration & Spots! Worried! Mid Flower

• Thread starter alpacino.com
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

Definitely try not to let the plant droop that much....it is a stressor that if used properly, the plants thrive.....too much of any stressor can promote herming.....

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Alright thanks for that! I’ll maybe water less volume at a time but more frequently.
That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm saying water to runoff...ie saturation, and give them a nice long dryback. More volume, less frequent. Lots of ways to grow, but that's what's worked for me, having run OF many times.

A

alpacino.com

That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm saying water to runoff...ie saturation, and give them a nice long dryback. More volume, less frequent. Lots of ways to grow, but that's what's worked for me, having run OF many times.
Gotcha!

A

alpacino.com

Definitely try not to let the plant droop that much....it is a stressor that if used properly, the plants thrive.....too much of any stressor can promote herming.....
Sure sure - do you notice nutrient deficiencies? Or looks like watering issue? Or both?

A

alpacino.com

Man dont let em get that droopy dry. In 3 gallon pots at about five weeks in flower, those are probably real light at 2 to 3 days
Yeah. I get that. Do you notice nutrient deficiency also?

Pilted

Pilted

Imo the issue with letting the pot dry out completely when using salt based nutrients, is that it allows the salts to crystalize making it difficult for the roots to uptake nutrients. Forms a salt crust around the nutes. This becomes very difficult to get rid of as the dry crusted salt is harder to dissolve. If your feeding at half dose on a water feed schedule, I would have to agree it's most likely under feeding. I would suggest moving to a feed feed water schedule at 1/2 dose, or a feed feed schedule at half dose without water in between, if you move to a feed feed schedule just make sure you do a 25% flush once ever 3 weeks.

You do wanna let it dry out, but I wouldn't wait until pot is light with a salt based nutrient. Also in a 3 gallon pot you don't wanna be using more then a half gallon of water/feed when you water/feed.

Usually with lock out due to salt the issue starts at the top of the plant, usually with elover feeding the issue starts at the top of the plant, usually with underfeeding the problem starts at the bottom of the plant. Or at least in my personal opinion.

1 vote for increasing feed.

Bilber

Bilber

Sure sure - do you notice nutrient deficiencies? Or looks like watering issue? Or both?

Hey al.....hope this helps.....one thing can, and usually does, lead to another.....don't go fixing it all at once.....if you can, dim or raise your light a touch.....until your plant is liking life....

Latest posts

Top Bottom