Leaf discolorization from early on. Why? :(

• Thread starter Eugenios
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eugenios

Eugenios

Hello again people. I hope you're healthy and well. My Sour Diesel Auto from Dinafem is showing some weird discolorization that I've never seen before. She's 16 days old from sprout and growing in Plagron Bat-Mix soil. I've been feeding her 1mL of BioBizz Bio-grow, 1.5mL CalMag per lt of water. Also was feeding her Plant!T First Feed 5-8mL per lt. of water the first two weeks. Any ideas what this is? It's not Iron deficiency because it starts from the tips. Also, I've read on the Plagron website that there's no need to use any nutes the first 6 weeks because the soil has plenty. Still, doesn't look like an overfed plant. Temp and humidity is also not ideal. Air circulation is great (2 fans). Any ideas what is going on?

Leaf discolorization from early on why
Leaf discolorization from early on why 2
fishbuds

fishbuds

litfa is your friend. seems young for a nute program, especially with all that un-used soil in the pot. maybe give it some plain h2o for a bit, and see how it goes.

Eugenios

Eugenios

litfa is your friend. seems young for a nute program, especially with all that un-used soil in the pot. maybe give it some plain h2o for a bit, and see how it goes.
Thanks for the reply. That's my plan as well.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would think that 1.5 ml of CalMag per L of water is way overboard at that stage and also growing in Soil you shouldn't need to give it ANY nutrients yet, give it just water and it will be fine

Anthem

Anthem

From what I see, there is a problem with magnesium up take. You will need a PH meter to correctly determine the PH of the water/feed going into the pot and you will need to do a slurry test to determine the PH of the soil. In soil I would shot for a PH of 6.5 going in to the pot. Also if the soil is supposes to be good to grow without nutrients for some time I would not be adding nutrients, this being an auto further reinforces not add nutrients this early.
Do the slurry test and figure out the PH of the soil and correct the PH. Once that is under control I would run water for at least a week before even thinking about adding nutrients to the soil.

Eugenios

Eugenios

From what I see, there is a problem with magnesium up take. You will need a PH meter to correctly determine the PH of the water/feed going into the pot and you will need to do a slurry test to determine the PH of the soil. In soil I would shot for a PH of 6.5 going in to the pot. Also if the soil is supposes to be good to grow without nutrients for some time I would not be adding nutrients, this being an auto further reinforces not add nutrients this early.
Do the slurry test and figure out the PH of the soil and correct the PH. Once that is under control I would run water for at least a week before even thinking about adding nutrients to the soil.
I've been adjusting my solution at 6.2 - 6.5 ph. In their website, they say that ph of the soil is 6.3 - 7.8. Are you saying I need to check the ph of the runoff water that comes from the bottom? Since I water with 6.5pH, Ideally the runoff pH must be the same or close, right? If the runoff is above 7, what do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Anthem

Anthem

I've been adjusting my solution at 6.2 - 6.5 ph. In their website, they say that ph of the soil is 6.3 - 7.8. Are you saying I need to check the ph of the runoff water that comes from the bottom? Since I water with 6.5pH, Ideally the runoff pH must be the same or close, right? If the runoff is above 7, what do you recommend? Thanks in advance.
First of all, I always Ph to 6.5 in soil, not up or down a single ten of a point. Second, you could just check the PH of the run off, Mag is best taken up by the plant above 6.5 but 6.5 is were the most uptake for all of the plants nutrient needs occurs best in soil. I would try to get the soil to around 6.5 and go from there. Changing the PH of the soil will require flushing with PH water above or below depending on how bad the PH problem.

Eugenios

Eugenios

First of all, I always Ph to 6.5 in soil, not up or down a single ten of a point. Second, you could just check the PH of the run off, Mag is best taken up by the plant above 6.5 but 6.5 is were the most uptake for all of the plants nutrient needs occurs best in soil. I would try to get the soil to around 6.5 and go from there. Changing the PH of the soil will require flushing with PH water above or below depending on how bad the PH problem.
Ok, thank you my friend. I will flush tomorrow and will let you know.

Monster762

Monster762

I agree no food yet. Baby has plenty in there. Ph. Make sure its in range. I like 6.2. But thats just me. I would not go over 6.5 as said above. I would not go under 6.0.

Top Bottom