Leaf edges brown and thin

• Thread starter FourPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourPlants

FourPlants

So, these plants were grown indoor as mother plants and then moved outdoors on a whim to grow them out without a lot of planning. Never grown cannabis outdoors. Plants showed no issues indoors. Plants feed hasn't changed for the last few weeks. When I transplanted from the 3-gallon to the 30-gallon pots in my hastiness I did not presoak the promix with feed or calmag. Just tap water. Took about 6 day before they needed water again and gave them a normal feed. Only one of three plants has had a fair number of leaves do this. One plant has only had a few and the 3rd plant which is a different strain has showed no signs. Before I noticed any brown spot a few of the new growth leaves on the plant that is affected curled up on tips as well.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds
2. How old are your plants? 2.5 months
3. How tall are your plants? 2-3 ft
4. What type of hydro system are you using? Promix Yellow Bag
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Running Athena CalMag and Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grow Big
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? Honestly haven't checked in a bit. Been mixing the same way for week
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? Same as above
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? Same as above
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? Room temperature
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? NA
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? NA
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Usually nothing, I did do a castile soap/neem spray when moved outdoors
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Currently outdoors
14. How close are your lights to the plants? About 93 million miles
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? A good bit
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Warm and humid
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Yes - its outdoors lol
18. How much experience do you have growing? Enough to be dangerous

Yes, they leaves are wet in photos. It rained last night, and I took those photos this morning. They are usually dry.

Lead edges brown and thin

Lead edges brown and thin 2

Lead edges brown and thin 3

Lead edges brown and thin 4

Lead edges brown and thin 5

Paleosoul

Paleosoul

So, these plants were grown indoor as mother plants and then moved outdoors on a whim to grow them out without a lot of planning. Never grown cannabis outdoors. Plants showed no issues indoors. Plants feed hasn't changed for the last few weeks. When I transplanted from the 3-gallon to the 30-gallon pots in my hastiness I did not presoak the promix with feed or calmag. Just tap water. Took about 6 day before they needed water again and gave them a normal feed. Only one of three plants has had a fair number of leaves do this. One plant has only had a few and the 3rd plant which is a different strain has showed no signs. Before I noticed any brown spot a few of the new growth leaves on the plant that is affected curled up on tips as well.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds
2. How old are your plants? 2.5 months
3. How tall are your plants? 2-3 ft
4. What type of hydro system are you using? Promix Yellow Bag
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Running Athena CalMag and Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grow Big
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? Honestly haven't checked in a bit. Been mixing the same way for week
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? Same as above
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? Same as above
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? Room temperature
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? NA
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? NA
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Usually nothing, I did do a castile soap/neem spray when moved outdoors
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Currently outdoors
14. How close are your lights to the plants? About 93 million miles
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? A good bit
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Warm and humid
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Yes - its outdoors lol
18. How much experience do you have growing? Enough to be dangerous

Yes, they leaves are wet in photos. It rained last night, and I took those photos this morning. They are usually dry.

View attachment 1983732
View attachment 1983733
View attachment 1983734
View attachment 1983735
View attachment 1983736
Is this just one leaf, or all/most of the leaves on the plant?

FourPlants

FourPlants

It's not a nute deficiency or anything like that. I wonder if it's a fungus of some kind?

I spent the morning thinning out the plant to improve airflow and removing any leaf that was questionable. Hopefully it bounces back and stretches out, Wish today was nice instead of overcast and wet.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In my experience, when you veg plants under lights, it makes them soft. When you put them out into full sun, they tend to show some signs of displeasure. Like a little edge burning. Then when you spray them with a bunch of stuff and let it dry on the leaf, it leaves a residue. That doesn’t help matters either. A lot of people rinse that stuff off a couple of hours after they spray it on. Mine went from lights to 95° and 25% humidity. They dropped a little for three or four days but now have acclimated and are tracking the sun. You still have to let them dry way back between watering. And you need a moisture meter to check the Moisture deep in the pot. You need to read the plant when you get outside. I often let mine get to the point of begging for a water before I will water them. And then they perk right back up and take off. Just my two cents. I don’t like spraying anything on a plant other than water if I don’t have to.

FourPlants

FourPlants

In my experience, when you veg plants under lights, it makes them soft. When you put them out into full sun, they tend to show some signs of displeasure. Like a little edge burning. Then when you spray them with a bunch of stuff and let it dry on the leaf, it leaves a residue. That doesn’t help matters either. A lot of people rinse that stuff off a couple of hours after they spray it on. Mine went from lights to 95° and 25% humidity. They dropped a little for three or four days but now have acclimated and are tracking the sun. You still have to let them dry way back between watering. And you need a moisture meter to check the Moisture deep in the pot. You need to read the plant when you get outside. I often let mine get to the point of begging for a water before I will water them. And then they perk right back up and take off. Just my two cents. I don’t like spraying anything on a plant other than water if I don’t have to.
Appreciate your feedback. I personally feel it was the spraying the soap and neem oil and just being wet. I didn't really plan to put these outside and did it haphazardly. We will see if the heavy defoliation and some fresh air and time helps her out.
If it don't start to ackrite I will chop it down and put something else in its place.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If you chop that plant down, I swear I will track you down and murder you!🤣 that is a very nice looking plant! I would get a couple of one by one pieces of wood and get the pot up off the ground. I wouldn’t water again until the tips of the branches started to droop. And it looks like it has been fed plenty. So I would probably cut back on that. But I don’t grow in your medium, so that’s something you have to watch. You just have to watch the watering. They recover 1000% faster from under watering than they do from overwatering. you can get more pots and soil and start some more, but that one is worth saving. And use tan pots. They run a little cooler.

FourPlants

FourPlants

If you chop that plant down, I swear I will track you down and murder you!🤣 that is a very nice looking plant! I would get a couple of one by one pieces of wood and get the pot up off the ground. I wouldn’t water again until the tips of the branches started to droop. And it looks like it has been fed plenty. So I would probably cut back on that. But I don’t grow in your medium, so that’s something you have to watch. You just have to watch the watering. They recover 1000% faster from under watering than they do from overwatering. you can get more pots and soil and start some more, but that one is worth saving. And use tan pots. They run a little cooler.
That is my smallest plant at that. The clippings I gave to my buddy have already rooted and can replace if needed. I don't think it will come to that. The plant is off the ground. It is sitting on fence panels I cut down to be risers.

Tan pots would have been nice. Next year I plan on being in the ground with some good soil.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If you are talking about that picture above, that ain’t cutting it. You need to expose the bottom of that pot to as much air as possible. Now I will shut up and leave you alone. Good luck.

FourPlants

FourPlants

If you are talking about that picture above, that ain’t cutting it. You need to expose the bottom of that pot to as much air as possible. Now I will shut up and leave you alone. Good luck.

Sounds good. Just went and cut a 2x4 into blocks and raised the pot further off the riser.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Are they black pots and in the sun? Sometimes the soil can get too hot in outside pots.

They are black pots in the sun. I have never had issues with other plants in them in the sun, but I have never grown cannabis outdoors so that doesn't mean much.

I have grown tomatoes, peppers, squash, irises, and even trees in them before without root zone temp issues.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

They are black pots in the sun. I have never had issues with other plants in them in the sun, but I have never grown cannabis outdoors so that doesn't mean much.

I have grown tomatoes, peppers, squash, irises, and even trees in them before without root zone temp issues.
I don't know. I've never grown in fabric pots outside. I just remembered other folks had mentioned it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It depends on where in the country you are trying to grow. A very important piece of information that is often overlooked.

Top Bottom