Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I’m not sure your understanding me.
you need to get the entire plant out of the current pot. Remove the foam,
The back into the pot again.
do 1 take some pics.

If your lights are still running. 40-50% on that light would help after transplant.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i just hope the roots haven’t grown into the cup itself because they could that’s why remove it all, maybe rinse off all dirt on cup top see if roots penetrated threw?

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

I’m not sure your understanding me.
you need to get the entire plant out of the current pot. Remove the foam,
The back into the pot again.
do 1 take some pics.

If your lights are still running. 40-50% on that light would help after transplant.
Okay I transplanted the worst looking one and took pics. I definitely see where the cups were a bad idea. Ive honestly felt this way about the cups for a couple weeks now, but was hoping It would work out.. Anyways, Im thinking it'd be a good idea to go ahead and do the other 2 also? Just want to make sure before I do so
IMG 20210326 002615207
IMG 20210326 002755932
IMG 20210326 003600628
IMG 20210326 003628516

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Okay I transplanted the worst looking one and took pics. I definitely see where the cups were a bad idea. Ive honestly felt this way about the cups for a couple weeks now, but was hoping It would work out.. Anyways, Im thinking it'd be a good idea to go ahead and do the other 2 also? Just want to make sure before I do soView attachment 1106684View attachment 1106685View attachment 1106686View attachment 1106687
Aight if those are the bags I think they are (pic related) I’m going to say this, the aeration on the roots compared too smart pots that’s a lesser fabric was bad. I had one of those on my dark devil and had to transplant everything at transition because the bag was just too thick for coco perlite mix and aeration needs, but that is my experience but to me they are a outdoor “” fabric pot to withstand heavy rain and etc not something for indoor controlled growing.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Aight if those are the bags I think they are (pic related) I’m going to say this, the aeration on the roots compared too smart pots that’s a lesser fabric was bad. I had one of those on my dark devil and had to transplant everything at transition because the bag was just too thick for coco perlite mix and aeration needs, but that is my experience but to me they are a outdoor “” fabric pot to withstand heavy rain and etc not something for indoor controlled growing.
I'm not sure what brand they are but i ordered them off of amazon if I'm not mistaken. They seem to drain very well, but that's coming from someone who hasn't grow but a couple times altogether.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I'm not sure what brand they are but i ordered them off of amazon if I'm not mistaken. They seem to drain very well, but that's coming from someone who hasn't grow but a couple times altogether.
Give me a second and I’ll show which ones I grabbed and they were just awful, so I’m praying their not the same man this html set up on here hates cell phones lol...

AB1FCBD1 1223 46F7 8437 A8BA6DDE8F7A
Last edited:
AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Those pots are the least of your concern.
I hope the fajitas turned out well. 👊😂
given those are autoflowers, that mistake will cost the yield significantly.
live and learn. ✌
The fajitas were off the chain! I was high so they tasted even better🙂 And I definitely want to look into doing photos instead of autos, but I need to do some research on the matter before I dive into it. Thanks for the help

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Give me a second and I’ll show which ones I grabbed and they were just awful, so I’m praying their not the same man this html set up on here hates cell phones lol...
I don't think mine said inavis or thickened in the description. They look a lot like mine tho for sure. Mine seem to drain excess water pretty well as far as I can see

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I don't think mine said inavis or thickened in the description. They look a lot like mine tho for sure. Mine seem to drain excess water pretty well as far as I can see
Alright than that’s a plus so I will retract what I said. Have to say if your gonna do 3 gal auto flowers you should just germ right in a rapid rooter or whatever and go from their. I’ve had zero problems as you can see from my grows and it’s what I do I germ right in the final pot I use never transplant for auto flowers or fast flowers. A photo I would just germ right in 5 gal sure I could get the same results

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Alright than that’s a plus so I will retract what I said. Have to say if your gonna do 3 gal auto flowers you should just germ right in a rapid rooter or whatever and go from their. I’ve had zero problems as you can see from my grows and it’s what I do I germ right in the final pot I use never transplant for auto flowers or fast flowers. A photo I would just germ right in 5 gal sure I could get the same results
Yeah I won't make that mistake again for sure. I want good yields eventually. I guess we all do lol. Are rapid rooters kind of like jiffy pellets? I have experience with jiffy pellets but not rapid rooters. I've seen the term online but I don't know anything about them

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Yeah I won't make that mistake again for sure. I want good yields eventually. I guess we all do lol. Are rapid rooters kind of like jiffy pellets? I have experience with jiffy pellets but not rapid rooters. I've seen the term online but I don't know anything about them
Nah rapid rooters is a moss like material that some how stays moist for a long time and well good for helping root creating and etc, but can absorb mineral salts easy so gotta watch run off readings and once they start spiking theirs a chance that “”sponge is holding mineral salts. But they not as bad as rock wool, I hate that stuff. The photo attached is something I would suggest fertilizer wise it really helps plants recover from shock or stress.

Last edited:
Top Bottom