Leaf issues under led lights

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been flowering under an SE3000 and I was lead to believe Epsom salts is beneficial so at 3/4tsp / gallon I've fed her twice 1 week apart during the water only cycle. Some leaves started going yellow with red/purple colors. I have not had this on plants in the past. I feed GH 3 part + Kool Bloom on weeks 4-7 up to 5ml/gal......Would this be a reaction to Epsom Salts? The leaf stems have narrowed and toughened up. I can normally snap stems off, not these they require cutting....Any Ideas?

Leaf issues under led lights
Leaf issues under led lights 2
Leaf issues under led lights 3
tobh

tobh

Supporter
looks like K deficiency to me. she's far enough along it's time that the PK ratio gets bumped up.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Mg will come across with necrotic spotting towards the tips and edges of leaves. Ca will be more central to the petioles, between the variagations -- it looks almost random too. both look like cells collapsing. the leaf pics are purple and yellow, which indicates they're hungry, or nearing the end of their cycle. red/purple, hard petioles points my radar at K though. you're giving enough Mg i think. could also be locking out K as a result of the additional Mg, though I kinda doubt it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Mg will come across with necrotic spotting towards the tips and edges of leaves. Ca will be more central to the petioles, between the variagations -- it looks almost random too. both look like cells collapsing. the leaf pics are purple and yellow, which indicates they're hungry, or nearing the end of their cycle. red/purple, hard petioles points my radar at K though. you're giving enough Mg i think. could also be locking out K as a result of the additional Mg, though I kinda doubt it.

This leaf and stem issue started after the Epsom Salts. I've been feeding her the same as her twin sisters under a 1000hps. The only difference in feed is the Epsom Salts.. She is not under fed in fact maybe over fed. She had a 1350 ppm reading and a week later a....1400ppm. I normally don't get numbers up that high in feed so I'm going to do back to back watering to see if I can get her back on track...only another 3-4 weeks to go so not much time to fix her up. a normal feed now would be 5ml/5ml/10/ml/5ml + 3ml up Micro/Grow/Bloom/Kool Bloom/ gallon

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Hey Pipe under led you need to give em at least 80ppm of magnesium....majority of fertilizers carry half of that.....im on 2 grams x gallon every single time.
I had plants looks like that in my early LED days, they can get stucked if you don start feedin em those extra ratio of nutes .......forget what you where feeding with HPS , they need waaaay more nitrogen calcium and magnesium.....so I generally bump em with Calcium Nitrate and magnesium sulphate and also Calcium Acetate.....

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey Pipe under led you need to give em at least 80ppm of magnesium....majority of fertilizers carry half of that.....im on 2 grams x gallon every single time.
I had plants looks like that in my early LED days, they can get stucked if you don start feedin em those extra ratio of nutes .......forget what you where feeding with HPS , they need waaaay more nitrogen calcium and magnesium.....so I generally bump em with Calcium Nitrate and magnesium sulphate and also Calcium Acetate.....
Hi thanks for the input. " so I generally bump em with Calcium Nitrate and magnesium sulphate and also Calcium Acetate..." What supplements do you add to get those added nutrients? This plant vegged great with the GH trio what other product can I add? I have cal/mag...never use it I have enough in my well water.

" Hey Pipe under led you need to give em at least 80ppm of magnesium " That's why I added the Epsom salts at 3/4 tsp per gallon, as recommended after inquring and her second feed of water & 3/4 tsp the next day I saw these leaf issues. I think it was the extra mag that caused this....

.IDFK..... really but I'm not going to give any more to them or on my next grow She was doing great until I got this brainiac Idea to do more.....for bigger better badder ah well the buds are developing fine and I don't see any more fading so we'll see .........any ways thanks

Last edited:
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I buy Calcium Nitrate as it is....amazon...its very cheap....and Calcium Acetate you can score it also as Organic Calcium from GH... I dont use any Calmag, because i prefer have those elements separated so i can dose em more precisely....more Calcium nitrate during veg and stretch and more calcium acetate during the last weeks to dont bump too much nitrogen,
Extra Mag will make your leaves very dark green with the tiny blades pointing up....i dont think you overdosed her you may actually underfeed magnesium....
My base nutrient is Masterblend....
Dont be surprised if the whole nutrient program need to be upped because really growing under those lights is a complete new game compared to HID lights....

Another thing could be light intensity/distance.....
Anyway good luck and yeah the plant dosent look that bad !!

Top Bottom