Leaf issues when going from veg to flower (autos)

• Thread starter Millwright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

hence why i said water source and nutrients, because you can have a wack water parameters, than add silica and that shots your ph sooo high that your head hits the ceiling. lol
So, you need to adjust the ph then and then add nutrients. again, it all depends on his water source and nutrients he uses.
Op is going organic water only type grow I agree if the soil is amended correctly there’s no need to ph

Millwright

Millwright

Op is going organic water only type grow I agree if the soil is amended correctly there’s no need to ph
Going at this alone, I watch Mr Canucks videos and he ph’s to about 6.5 with seemingly great results so I have been following suit.
I have also read that a proper soil shouldn’t need to be ph-d. So to me it seems like I’m seeing conflicting info lol.
Last winter I didn’t ph for a while using the “soil fixes it” theory and issues arose, when I checked my water it was about 8.5 from the well, so I went back to ph-Ing to be on the safe side.
Over the summer it will moderate down to roughly 7ph give or take 1-2 points. My outside grows did fine with water straight from the hose, just like we drank as kids.
My thinking with ph-ing also comes from the ph plant uptake charts I’ve seen. Grow Weed Easy says to vary your ph, as the plants only uptake the nutrients while the water is present. Therefore it was good to vary your ph. So to me it seemed like I was erring on the side of caution.
If I am mistaken in my thinking I’m willing to learn.
I hope I’m not coming off as argumentative, I’m just trying to ask questions, point out my position and learn.
Thank you ✌️😁

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

With autoflowers witch I have been running 10+ years you don't overthink or use all kinds of stuff, all I use is botanacare pro grow 1ml per US gal waterd down at 3 weeks or 3 sets, when it's time to flower flush out plants and i use Atami Bloombastic 1ml per US gal watered down if your not careful you will burn, it allmost looks like some sort of pest but if you use good dirt, I use ffof and go light, and don't give it all kinds of stuff I rarely have issues Pic 1 is dark devel at week 3 just started feeding Pic 2 is strawberry mango crumble it stretched late then started producing trichome so was forced to put under booster.

20211219 115429
Moshmen

Moshmen

Going at this alone, I watch Mr Canucks videos and he ph’s to about 6.5 with seemingly great results so I have been following suit.
I have also read that a proper soil shouldn’t need to be ph-d. So to me it seems like I’m seeing conflicting info lol.
Last winter I didn’t ph for a while using the “soil fixes it” theory and issues arose, when I checked my water it was about 8.5 from the well, so I went back to ph-Ing to be on the safe side.
Over the summer it will moderate down to roughly 7ph give or take 1-2 points. My outside grows did fine with water straight from the hose, just like we drank as kids.
My thinking with ph-ing also comes from the ph plant uptake charts I’ve seen. Grow Weed Easy says to vary your ph, as the plants only uptake the nutrients while the water is present. Therefore it was good to vary your ph. So to me it seemed like I was erring on the side of caution.
If I am mistaken in my thinking I’m willing to learn.
I hope I’m not coming off as argumentative, I’m just trying to ask questions, point out my position and learn.
Thank you ✌️😁
It’s all good - every grow is different what works for you may not work for me- there are just Basic starting points imo - just to many variables . You have the right mindset , trial and error after a few grows u will b dialed

Millwright

Millwright

Update
I raised my lights and top dressed. The lights are now at 23-24”. Issue seems to have gone away.
thanks everyone. ✌️😁

Millwright

Millwright

It’s all good - every grow is different what works for you may not work for me- there are just Basic starting points imo - just to many variables . You have the right mindset , trial and error after a few grows u will b dialed
Moshmen
Upon rereading my post and your response to “going at this alone” I should have phrased that better.
I meant it as “I don’t know anyone that grows, that I can ask. so I am going at this alone.”
I did. NOT mean I was no longer interested in help from the group.
My sincerest apologies if I created confusion. I’m rather embarrassed.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Moshmen
Upon rereading my post and your response to “going at this alone” I should have phrased that better.
I meant it as “I don’t know anyone that grows, that I can ask. so I am going at this alone.”
I did. NOT mean I was no longer interested in help from the group.
My sincerest apologies if I created confusion. I’m rather embarrassed.
Nah I didn’t take it like that at all I knew what ya meant I was there once myself! Glad here we steered ya in the right direction merry Xmas

Latest posts

Top Bottom