Leaf myths.

• Thread starter jnrg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jnrg

jnrg

There are a variety of images that claim that cannabis have different leaf appearances depending on whether its a indica or sativa. I believe this to be false for modern strains, possibly wild cannabis strains and landrace strains. I have a incredible bulk plant, which is an indica, however the leaf structure resembles a sativa style leaf?
Leaf myths

If anyone has any opinions more information on this feel free to let me know 😁

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are you aware of any old strains, i'd love to grow some more natural strains

I like diesel and haze and crosses the best. But the breeder i was using stopped shipping to america and i am revegging some cuts so i can keep them going.

Recently i got some useful seeds chocolate diesel s-1. Have one going but way too early to tell how she will be.

I would go to Motorebel or mr. nice (shantibaba) for classic stuff. I want to try super silver haze. I never got to yet.

And i always liked the white rhino and great white shark. But these strains are pretty old now.

no bals

no bals

You'll need a long season. My mr. nice stuff isn't even starting to flower yet. At this rate they may go into november.

U2 and A.S.H.

jnrg

jnrg

I like diesel and haze and crosses the best. But the breeder i was using stopped shipping to america and i am revegging some cuts so i can keep them going.

Recently i got some useful seeds chocolate diesel s-1. Have one going but way too early to tell how she will be.

I would go to Motorebel or mr. nice (shantibaba) for classic stuff. I want to try super silver haze. I never got to yet.

And i always liked the white rhino and great white shark. But these strains are pretty old now.
I'll have to give them a try,

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is what i expected, it's amazing to think how far our selective breeding has become.
Maybe more amazing to think what happened to the real landraces that were here here just decades ago and are now gone?

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

While it's true that most everything modern is hybrid or beyond, those leaf patterns speak in volume in regards to the plants ancestry and lines if you study the patterns seen. Never really liked the nomenclature anyway, Indica stems from Indio and India, while Sativa is said to mean domesticated or cultivated.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I traveled to Jamaica and bribed my way into a large farm, was told by the owner (who looked to be 90, but was prob 70) that his farm is many generations passed down. I was able to convince him to part with a number of his oldest seeds. I brought them back and managed to get three to pop, I ended up with one female and a couple males, I bred them and have yet to grow it again. I plan on it soon, the ones I did grow stretched over 18ft tall (in 15gal bags). There is somthing special about these old strains

H

Highgrown87

There are a variety of images that claim that cannabis have different leaf appearances depending on whether its a indica or sativa. I believe this to be false for modern strains, possibly wild cannabis strains and landrace strains. I have a incredible bulk plant, which is an indica, however the leaf structure resembles a sativa style leaf?
View attachment 888565
If anyone has any opinions more information on this feel free to let me know 😁

.In my experience, a plants leaf structure only partially depends on strain. Some of your plants will have thin leaves because youre growing them indoors under adequate lighting. Plants grown outdoors, or under barely adequate lighting, will tend to have wider fingers because its light scource is so far away and contains many types of light that the plant does not nee. The leaves must have a broad area to collect the neccessary lighting. I know this sounds strange but its true. The light in your grow room is quite possibly better than the natural sunlight because its custom made for plant spectrum. Imagine your plants lighting as a hose and its leaves a bucket. With a grow light its like spraying the water straight in the bucket on a slow steady run. The sun is like turning the water on full blast but putting a spray nozzel on the hose and filling the bucket from across the yard. It'll work but youll wish for a wider bucket. Well your plant doesnt have to wait. It decides imediately how good its lighting is and compensates. I have experienced this first hand upon moving plants from outdoors in. (Dont always have room for all of them. Lol) The lower growth will be wide whereas new leaves grow thinner and remain that way

Top Bottom