Leaf picture analysis _ help

• Thread starter sky_blue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky_blue

sky_blue

Well, the guess of wild pH variance, and f'd ppm was the answer. The rotting roots that continue to f' up the situation in the bed are the source of the prob.

There are definitely without a doubt no bugs or infestation. I checked all over with a good photo. loupe. It's nute lock-out.
Next question - anyone have a suggestion on how to finish these plants asap so I can cut them down and still have something?
Although some plants are looking better every day, the garden in general is going downhill. More leaves are showing more problems....

Thanks very much....

sun

sun

Not realy , you could cut back the hours of light so it will flower more quickly.Not realy what I would recomend.

sky_blue

sky_blue

Not realy , you could cut back the hours of light so it will flower more quickly.Not realy what I would recomend.
I went to 11 on/13 off yesterday. I'm going to switch to 10 on/14 off tomorrow. Why wouldn't you recommend cutting back the hours of light?

sun

sun

I finish long flowering sats that wont finish , but only as a last resort .I've been told quality and yeild can suffer.It sounds like your in a pinch .

If anyone can help you sort out your issue then I would recomend doing that and finishing up normaly.

sky_blue

sky_blue

I finish long flowering sats that wont finish , but only as a last resort .I've been told quality and yeild can suffer.It sounds like your in a pinch .

If anyone can help you sort out your issue then I would recomend doing that and finishing up normaly.
Thanks, I've heard the same - loss of potency,etc. - it makes sense. I'm just trying to salvage what is left before things "turn south".

sun

sun

I here you , if it was me I would do what you can , & consider kiefing it .

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Sky_blue, on the plus side of things it is not bugs, that actually makes your life easier. However I am sorry to hear that it is your roots that are dying off. The only thing I could think to suggest is a treatment of Great White or some other myco/bacteria product.

sky_blue

sky_blue

Sky_blue, on the plus side of things it is not bugs, that actually makes your life easier. However I am sorry to hear that it is your roots that are dying off. The only thing I could think to suggest is a treatment of Great White or some other myco/bacteria product.

Thank you. I'll look into Great White at the local hydro place.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There are many sources (Capulator's beneficials..?) of beneficials, however the question is also how useful would they be at this point. I'm going to suggest simply finishing with molasses used at low rates, take your harvest and start over. I would also suggest dropping the Humboldt line next time. If you did well using other nutrient lines, go back to that. I like and prefer doing things organically, and suggest going that route if you can, but don't push it because it's not a religion.

Dr. Earth is one source of beneficials, too, forgot to mention that.

sky_blue

sky_blue

There are many sources (Capulator's beneficials..?) of beneficials, however the question is also how useful would they be at this point. I'm going to suggest simply finishing with molasses used at low rates, take your harvest and start over. I would also suggest dropping the Humboldt line next time. If you did well using other nutrient lines, go back to that. I like and prefer doing things organically, and suggest going that route if you can, but don't push it because it's not a religion.

------------------------------------------------------------------
So true. I have a "pro" friend who is all about organic soil and swears by it. He's a true expert.
***Thank you for the molasses recommendation for finishing. Can you recommend a specific maker/product name?
(Why molasses?)

sky_blue

sky_blue

The hydro store guys - no matter where I go - just push whatever is there.
I never feel like I left with the product the grow shop owner would recommend to a friend...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
------------------------------------------------------------------
So true. I have a "pro" friend who is all about organic soil and swears by it. He's a true expert.
***Thank you for the molasses recommendation for finishing. Can you recommend a specific maker/product name?
(Why molasses?)
I honestly don't think brand matters. You're after sugar content. I also use other sugars. Date sugar, palm sugar, a type of cane sugar sold in Hispanic markets called panela (or panocha, which also means something else), malted barley extract. My most interesting results have been with MBE, but I also use molasses. If you're using the other crystallized sugars you'll need to dissolve them in water first. Cooking helps that a lot, but you can also just make a super-saturated solution. I find the MBE is most easily used if I thin it down first, because otherwise it is extremely thick. I would like to play around with diastatic malt someday, too, but haven't yet.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Roots Organic Oregonism, Botanicare ZHO, are also good solutions. I just said Great White because it is what I have at the moment. I was not suggesting it in regards to gaining better yields, but simply to maintain root health to sustain until harvest. In that sense some kind of beneficial product will be useful. The good bacteria and fungi will begin to eradicate some of the bad bacteria and fungi that have taken hold and maintain some health until harvest.

sky_blue

sky_blue

Thank you for the response. I asked about G.W., and it seems to get really good reviews.
But, I think it's too late to do anything except minimize the nute level for 3-4 days, and then flush completely the last 7 days.
The damage is done:mad:, but there's always tomorrow...:cool:

sky_blue

sky_blue

I here you , if it was me I would do what you can , & consider kiefing it .
I lowered the nutes to 20%, changed all water, cleaned the reservoir, etc. and somehow, the plants look better today (relatively...).
This was nute lock-out. I just caught it too late...

sun

sun

How you doing Sky blue , im happy for you .hopefully all goes well , & turnes around compleatly for you.

sky_blue

sky_blue

Thanks for your interest, Sun. It won't turn around completely. It's just too late in the game, and I didn't correct the problem fast enough, so the nute lockout, etc. has done some permanent damage. I'm just hoping to get through to the harvest with something useful....
I'll update in a few days...:)

jkbeing

jkbeing

Skyblue- what was your Rez temp? Did you foliar feed with lights on at all? Ever put the PPM higher then you mentioned? Can you take a pic of the roots? just wondering.

Top Bottom