Leaf Problem

• Thread starter xboxjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xboxjoe

xboxjoe

hi all, i am new to this growing malarky, have had several problems already, but what do you think is wrong with the plant in the pic below?
i noticed the light green colouring a few days ago, and the slight browning at the same time, so i added a cana bio vega at a quarter of the recommended dose, i am growing in compost soil which is about 4 weeks old
any ideas?

Leaf problem
Leaf problem 2
Quagmire

Quagmire

You probably need a nice dose of Cal/mag.. if you don't have any I'd recommend Earth Juices Cal-n-Mag product.. for now though you could hit it with Epson Salt.. Tablespoon/gal water.. pretty sure the dark green will return fast.. you should be dosing it with Cal/Mag weekly from here on out.. they eat that stuff up, especially in a more organic mixture.. peace

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

hi it's an indoor grow my ph is between 5.9- 6.8 usually, that's using a ph pen. I will try Epsom of salts until my calmag arrives, I take it, it is best to spray the calmag onto the leaves?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
hi it's an indoor grow my ph is between 5.9- 6.8 usually, that's using a ph pen. I will try Epsom of salts until my calmag arrives, I take it, it is best to spray the calmag onto the leaves?
It's a start, ultametly get it to the roots.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Bring your pH up a few points. I see a magnesium and phosphorus deficiencies , most likely pH related.

Best of luck. Peace

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

hi I'm growing in a good quality compost which is 4+ weeks old, the water here is 7.8 so when I add ph down it varies a bit but generally 6.5 but has been to the other extremes mentioned

Homesteader

Homesteader

Just compost? Is this your own? That my explain your problem and the flucuations of ph. Your compost may be too rich by itself. I think your ph is actually too high and you need acid as well as another base component like a peat IMO. Some dislike peat for good reasons, but the peat will give you a base and the acid. Coco will just give you the base.

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

the compost is shop bought, I bought a slightly acidic one and mixed it with a ph neutral one. I will test the ph run off next time I water, incidentally this seems to be the only plant out of 4 that is showing this symptom

Homesteader

Homesteader

All the same strains? Clones

If it was me, next time I would add coco coir/peat and rice hulls to the compost. I think you want to figure out a good ratio that works for you.

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

All the same strains? Clones

If it was me, next time I would add coco coir/peat and rice hulls to the compost. I think you want to figure out a good ratio that works for you.
i am real new to this so its a bit of a learning curve, I grew from seed, and the strain is northern lights, I will try and ph my water more accurately from now on

Homesteader

Homesteader

Personally, I don't care what my water PH is as much as my soil medium (I lie, I just have well water which is 6.9) People all the time talk about ph their water when the medium is what needs to be adjusted. This of course doesn't pertain to soilless media growers just soil.

Homesteader

Homesteader

It is going to be hard at this point to do much about your medium without disturbing the plant too much. You could transplant into something bigger, but I would just go with what you have for now. Here is a thread about people soil mixes you may want to read through some of these and see what others are adding to their compost to get a desirable soil mix. You are on the right track my friend.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/post-your-organic-soil-mix.41480/

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Personally, I don't care what my water PH is as much as my soil medium (I lie, I just have well water which is 6.9) People all the time talk about ph their water when the medium is what needs to be adjusted. This of course doesn't pertain to soilless media growers just soil.
I'm referring to run-off

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

an update:
the plant looks pretty sick right now, sprayed the leaves with Epsom salts that has not worked, so I tested the run off which was 5.4 so I guess it was nutrient lockout. I have now flushed with ph 7 water but only time will tell if they make it

Top Bottom