Leaf problems, with pics... necrosis

• Thread starter Trichomie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trichomie

Hey there i recently started having a problem with my leaves and i can for the life of me get it straightend out. Heres the low down on the setup;

1200watt veg 18-6
h+G soil nutes w/ adds /greatwhite/ calmag 5ml to gal
R/O water ph 6.3/ soil probe reads 6.5
Greenfields soil w lots of extra perlite
C02 1500 ppms bottlefed
Treated with floromite/ eagle 20 5 weeks ago.
Plants are about 5 weeks old.

These are some of my older plants that have started to show some dying leaves, 1 Nor Cal Fire og, 1 lemon og, 1 sour grape. The affected leaves tend to start dying from the tip back most leaved will curl back or under and completly die off. heres some pics. any help is appriciated.

Leaf problems with pics necrosis
Leaf problems with pics necrosis 2
Leaf problems with pics necrosis 3
Leaf problems with pics necrosis 4
Leaf problems with pics necrosis 5
Leaf problems with pics necrosis 6
Leaf problems with pics necrosis 7
Leaf problems with pics necrosis 8
P

paulycali

Nutrient burn and or PH fluctuations

Could be Calmag deficiency but doubtful unless you know you didnt over feed them

Most like PH fluctuations leading to nutrient burn or deficiency

Check your PH twice

S

SSHZ

Definitely fertilizer burn.....plants are VERY green. Leaf tip burns with rust/copper spots. Flush well with pH'd water and start fertilizing when they dry out good with 1/2 strength ferts for a while.

urbanite420

urbanite420

most likely a ph issue with what looks like a cal and mag deficiency. but it may just be the older leaves senescing and adversly responding to the nutes you give her. how does the new growth look? if the new growth looks fine then you prob dont have to do anything. watch how the new growth responds to the nutes. calmag is okay but it isnt all that great, so give it more (I do 7 to 10mL per gallon for heavy feeders), or get magical.

F

farmerjohn

Photos say BURN, baby BURN! Either that leaf in pic 7 was 2' from a 1000W super nova or its little leaflet got chemically burned up!

Exact echo of SSHZ's advice. Don't spare the water flushing & return to fert regimen gradually, over a long period of time. You'll save some money too. Nutes are expensiveass stuff!

T

Trichomie

hey there guys, thanks for the input. as for new growth everything looks really nice, also i have been giving her very mild week 2 and week3 doses from the h&g soil chart switching feeding and plain h20 every other watering. Thats why its been confusing for me making me, making me not sure between deficiencey or toxicity. As far as cal mag goes ill prob use it till its gone and then pick up magical, it used to not be a issue for me but i guess switching over to reverse osmosis water could make cal mag dosing much more important. also from what i can tell this roots organics greenfield soil is very very hot on the predose. and as for those being burned from my lights i think we can rule out. im running a 8 inch inline through 4 600's but only have 2 running, you can touch the hood glass and its just luke warm. rooms runs 75-80 since im using c02 w a humidity of 55 to 65 . any other input is appriciated. thanks alot to those who already responded.

C

cymbaline

My girls did this with a botched soil mix I made up.
Best I can figure out is it's potassium/cal/mag def or a ph lockout causing the def.
I use rain water too which might be part of the issue.
It could be nute burn but mine didn't start doing this till flower for me.
Which makes me think my botched soil job ran out of juice for the girls
or I didn't have enough lime for buffering which again is due to botching the soil mix.
Not all the plants did it at the same time and leaves on the far side of the plant show
the symptoms as well.
I'm following this thread either way to learn more myself. So please post back
with your actions and results.

G

Gro

Definitely fertilizer burn.....plants are VERY green. Leaf tip burns with rust/copper spots. Flush well with pH'd water and start fertilizing when they dry out good with 1/2 strength ferts for a while.

now there is some good advise.this homie knows trichomie.:rofl

C

cymbaline

I don't disagree G,ro
but ph issues can create the very same symptoms.
By chance Trichomie did you test your ph from the soil runoff?

T

Trichomie

Thanks guys, i do normaly check my ph of my runnoff its between 6.5 to 7.0, closer to the bottom of that spread though. I think my plan as of now is to go fire up the reverse osmosis and make some water to do a plain water flush. Ill let them go ahead and dry out thoroughly after this flushing too. Then start feeding at 1/2 strenth if it looks necessary after the dry out. I guess if i do this and it works problem solved, if not i guess we will lean towards remedying a deficiency. I am thinking along the same lines as SSHG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't disagree G,ro
but ph issues can create the very same symptoms.
By chance Trichomie did you test your ph from the soil runoff?
True dat, but pH issues will not make plants look overfed, and these girls look seriously overfed. Trichomie's pH numbers don't look to be off for soil growing, though personally I'd like to see it just a wee bit higher, in that 6.8 range.

I'd start with 1/4 strength nutes Trichomie, mostly because that's the direction I've taken most of my nute schedules down to and the girls are fully diggin' it. I mean, can you imagine using PBP @1 teaspoon/gallon instead of 2 tablespoons and still getting great growth?

another_sellout

another_sellout

Crisy critters! I bet the burnt leaves actually smell like your nutrient solution! I torch mine with Foxfarm all the time. No biggie. Run twice the amount of water through your container, ie- six gallons through a three gallon, let it dry and hit it with half. They're obviously used to having it coming in heavy, so I think dropping to quarter strength might be too far. It's easier to correct not enough than too much, though. Remember that less is more because a plants that's as nutrient locked as yours can't even get the nutrients to where they're needed, so you're cracking leaves and not stacking calyxes. I'm kind of surprised to see so few leaves turned under, though...

T

Trichomie

hey guys thanks for the posts. yeah i was a little confused by this cause i am feeding relativly light and only feed every other watering. The plants have had great growth in the last week or so but i think thats just cuase the overfeeding has yet to show its nasty teeth. Hopefully i caught it soon and flushed enough so they wont have to much more damage. I can see how the greenfields soil mixed with ferts can do a little damage though. That stuffs hot. Im going to go ahead and add some pictures taken during the flush to have a start point with a little more detailed than intitial pics. Ill post pics every few days so we can see any progress or lack there of. pics coming soon gotta charge this hunk o junk picture taker.

F

farmerjohn

One thing we tend to forget is that not using fertilizer or using small amounts doesn't necessarily lead to a deficiency! On the other hand, over fertilization always leads to toxicity, lock, etc., etc. All sorts of problems. Some weeds are happy as a clam with nothing more than water, sunshine & dirt! We fertilize to maximize! So it pays to do it in a manner that is beneficial to the plant & to the ultimate yield. Every strain, hell I convinced every run, requires its own fertilizer schedule. Both timing & amount used.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

hey guys thanks for the posts. yeah i was a little confused by this cause i am feeding relativly light and only feed every other watering. The plants have had great growth in the last week or so but i think thats just cuase the overfeeding has yet to show its nasty teeth. Hopefully i caught it soon and flushed enough so they wont have to much more damage. I can see how the greenfields soil mixed with ferts can do a little damage though. That stuffs hot. Im going to go ahead and add some pictures taken during the flush to have a start point with a little more detailed than intitial pics. Ill post pics every few days so we can see any progress or lack there of. pics coming soon gotta charge this hunk o junk picture taker.

The light feeding was your problem not overfeeding or cal mag. You said you were adding cal mag at 5mlpg so ignore everybody that suggested cal mag deficiency right away and question any of their future advice. Zoolander, who used to post here used plain water every 3rd feeding, not every other feeding, and his stuff was tight. I us GH 5 part and my stuff looked like your's when I full dosed 2 out of 3 waterings. I have completely skipped plain water and all is good. I am in pro-mix watering every other day and only going to plain water the last 2 weeks for flush.

S

SSHZ

May I suggest adding your fertilizer only once a week and the other 1-3 waterings, plain water or mild doses of liquid karma, cal/mag, sweetner, a zym, what ever else each of us may use. I always start at a weak to mild dosage level and work my way up from there. Sativa's may never get above that low level. I use Conniseur from Advancd Nutes that has tons of chelated ingredients so they are available at any pH level. Less if often more when it comes to fertilizers.........

T

Trichomie

Nice input guys, I recently picked up the H&G line and its additives so ive been wanting to get into a steady regime with that . It suggests a 6.3 ph after mixing soil a/b. The additives are supposed to be mixed after that and will not fluctuate ph from that ititial 6.3. they also suggest every other watering. Ive heard a few of the more experienced growers on here say that H&G is great if you follow the regime to the T. the last 2 feedings have been h&g and before that it was flornova with some humboldt additives. I can wait to get this settled and everything back to equilibrium. No pics yet, still looking for charger.

T

Trichomie

Ok guys here are those pics i took during the flush two days ago just to get a better view of everything. I figure ill give them a week total and take a some update pics. Lets hope we see some improvement with a good flush.

C

CanadianClassic

If you are using RO water then for sure your plants are getting 0 Cal or mag since RO water is totally clean,If your using RO water Cal/Mag is a must!

Good luck with the ladies!!!

T

Trichomie

hey there canadianclassic, I am using r/o water but i am supplementing 5ml calmag per gallon of water. I did not supplement the flush water with calmag thought. that was just plain phd r/o water.

Top Bottom