Leaf Problems

• Thread starter xboxjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xboxjoe

xboxjoe

hi all, i'm on my second soil grow and have run into a leaf problem (picture below)
i have made a semi super soil from compost, organic soil, bat guano, worm castings, fish and blood bone meal and a pinch of epsom salts.
i am week 4 on an auto flower grow when i spotted this problem, water ph is 7 going in 6.5 run off, under 600w hps bulb with tent temp of 82f (28) i have given no feed as i want to keep it totally organic ish. any replys greatly received

Leaf problems
Toaster79

Toaster79

i havnt noticed anything flying around i will put some sticky pads down. if that doesn't catch anything is there anything else it could be?

You didn't do much reading, did you?

Organikz

Organikz

Get some green cleaner. Amazon screwed me and took an extra day. I didn't want the BORG getting the upper hand so I ran to the hydro shop and they only had flying skull nuke em. These products both are basically shell softeners like citric acid mixed with rapid dehydration agents. All natural. Flying skulls claims you can use post harvest.

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

i live in the u.k. and it's hard to get hold of skull nuke em. i may go down the nematode root they are claimed to deal with a lot of pests

Organikz

Organikz

Yah. nematodes and H.Miles are only effective against soil dwellers like fungus gnats and bulb mites. I have millions but I still have mites. They sell other predatory mites to target spider mites. Believe me this isn't something to be taken lightly. Your whole grow can be trashed by these bastards. They can be beat. I've beat them down once and now I'm going scorched earth on these mofos.

fatawa

fatawa

They can be beat. I've beat them down once and now I'm going scorched earth on these mofos
ha...its soo true tho.dont underestimate them.cause it looks like they been chewing on yur leaves awile.

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

Toaster79 you was spot on with the thrips, i got home got out the magnifying glass and there they were running up the leafs or they were feeding on them.
i bought some pyrethrum 5ec organic spray which has good reviews with dealing with this problem, the only thing is i can't get it until Monday.
a question for you:- do you think the plants will make it if i get on top of the problem next week?
i'm going to spray the hell out of the plants and will do the same all over the tent.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Toaster79 you was spot on with the thrips, i got home got out the magnifying glass and there they were running up the leafs or they were feeding on them.
i bought some pyrethrum 5ec organic spray which has good reviews with dealing with this problem, the only thing is i can't get it until Monday.
a question for you:- do you think the plants will make it if i get on top of the problem next week?
i'm going to spray the hell out of the plants and will do the same all over the tent.

If there aren't to many you shouldn't worry too much. Pyrethrine with rape oil is what i used until lacewing larvae arrived. I can't tell you for sure what erradicated them but one of those did for sure. What you can also do is boil some hot chilli peppers and garlic, strain it and put it in a sprayer. Garlic should repel most of the pests and capsaicin should work on the soft tissue. Worked for me with spider mites.

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

If there aren't to many you shouldn't worry too much. Pyrethrine with rape oil is what i used until lacewing larvae arrived. I can't tell you for sure what erradicated them but one of those did for sure. What you can also do is boil some hot chilli peppers and garlic, strain it and put it in a sprayer. Garlic should repel most of the pests and capsaicin should work on the soft tissue. Worked for me with spider mites.
thank you for putting me on the right track much appreciated

Toaster79

Toaster79

thank you for putting me on the right track much appreciated

Any time mate. Been there myself, stupid enough bringing outdoor clones in my tent without quarantining them first. Next step were clones with spide mites. Had them all. Only spider mites found a way out of my garden and are still hanging aroung scaring the shit out of me.

Organikz

Organikz

A tsp of castile peppermint soap to a quart of water will slow them down a bit. Even a little dish washing detergent. Bugs breath through their body. Vacuoles...spelling. I have seen dish detergent and water take down wasps faster than any spray on the market. They suffocate. I would rinse your plants after it dries because your plants breath the same way

Toaster79

Toaster79

my plants came from seed, the bugs must have been in the soil

There's always a possibility of a pest flying into the environment or even yourself bringung it in the gargen on your clothes for example. Another source are pets for example. You have a dog, take it for a walk, it picks some adults or eggs outside and brings them in. Now you pet and play with your dog (or a cat), pick those eggs or larvae or whatever and introduce them to your garden. Sometimes, or say pretty often, critters come with the soil that's stored outside.

My wife bought 4 bags of soil the other day. One bag was loaded with h.miles for example. I was really giggling watching them all over the pots on our window sils and balcony. But another bag came loaded with fungus gnats. So some of the soil from this other bag ended in my tent where I had bunch of seedlings. Out of first batch of 15, only 4 made it. So I dropped another 10 beans, and guess what? None of them made it. What I am left with at the moment is one really healthy male and three under developed plants where at least 2 of them are also male. Basically left with nothing to work with because of a bloody fungus gnats infestation.

Organikz

Organikz

There's always a possibility of a pest flying into the environment or even yourself bringung it in the gargen on your clothes for example. Another source are pets for example. You have a dog, take it for a walk, it picks some adults or eggs outside and brings them in. Now you pet and play with your dog (or a cat), pick those eggs or larvae or whatever and introduce them to your garden. Sometimes, or say pretty often, critters come with the soil that's stored outside.

My wife bought 4 bags of soil the other day. One bag was loaded with h.miles for example. I was really giggling watching them all over the pots on our window sils and balcony. But another bag came loaded with fungus gnats. So some of the soil from this other bag ended in my tent where I had bunch of seedlings. Out of first batch of 15, only 4 made it. So I dropped another 10 beans, and guess what? None of them made it. What I am left with at the moment is one really healthy male and three under developed plants where at least 2 of them are also male. Basically left with nothing to work with because of a bloody fungus gnats infestation.
If you work living soil i recommend biologic scanmask nematodes. I did 2 applications over a 2 week period. When you throw them down they cause a little nitrogen spike so be careful. With that h. Miles and some sticky traps no more and I'm working a 150g raised bed with alfalfa hay for mulch...fungus gnat paradise. My blumat system keeps the soil just moist enough.

I notice my mite population spike i.know they're dealing with some shit lol. It turns fungus gnats into plant food. It's the plants revenge.

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

well i drenched the plants and soil in nematodes today and put down yellow sticky traps which were plastered with the little bastards. gonna hit them tuesday with this pyrethrum 5ec stuff hopefully should control the problem

Top Bottom