Leaf septoria or a deficiency

• Thread starter Vexxer311
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexxer311

Vexxer311

Hello, first time grower here and new to the forums. Had a quick question I was hoping someone could assist me with. I am finding that my leaf tips are fading to a lite green and then developing brownish spots that slowly progress down the leaf. At first I thought maybe I’d burned them when I accidentally got some neem seed meal on them. I gently brushed off most of it but then I slowly have been monitoring them and noticed that it is happening higher up the plant so I ruled that out. Was trying to do my homework on what it could possibly be before just rushing on to the internet for help. I came across something called leaf septoria and was thinking that might be what this is but being new I don’t wanna miss diagnose it.
(My Grow details)
Plant age: 3 1/2 weeks old
Medium: loose coco-coir (says it’s been prebuffered on bag) also used around 15-20% perlite and mixed in some worm castings before sowing the seed
Pot size: 1 gal
Fertilizer: Dr Earth dry amendments 2 tbsp per instructions (all purpose blend) top dressed about a week ago with kelp meal and neem seed meal and have gave it a shot of recharge and recently some mammoth p less then 1 ml trying to build a microbe orgy down in the root zone also have added Great white myco to the water a couple times for mycorrhizae
Water ph: 6.2-6.5
Water: Evian spring water ppm on bottle 345 has 80 mg/L of cal and 26 mg/l mag naturally in the water why I’m using it.
Lighting: electric sky es 300 led dimmed down to 50% and 36 inches from the top of plant
Daytime temps: 79-81 degrees f
Night time temps: 72-74 degrees f
Humidity: fluctuations from 40-60% usually right around 50%
7B4EFEAE-5BDE-4033-92D6-49A953C992E0.jpeg
ones I recently clipped they were the first leavesto develop after germ.
F645C60F-1FF3-45A9-AAD3-A5B6EFC0AC13.jpeg
where the issue starts in it earliest stage this is the most recent of the new fan leaves
717B1B9C-8E9B-41C5-9E13-EB9A98D88865.jpeg
as it progress it slowly works it’s way down the leaf
Leaf septoria or a deficiency 4
Very top of the plant can faintly see on the tip it starting
Leaf septoria or a deficiency 5
near the end of the day just recently top dressed a tbsp of Dr earth veg blend has more cal in the mix then the all purpose I used in the beginning. Usually it’s very perky Looks like to much water I usually water every 2-3 days

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that damage is from your watering practices, and yes i agree with leaf septoria.
but i can’t help ya as i don’t know my coco well enough..
someone will help ya out and welcome to the farm!

Vexxer311

Vexxer311

Thank you for the kind welcome! I try not to just jump on things like these and start posting without some proper research. I find it’s quite difficult to diagnose leaf signs. I guess it will get easier with experience. I try not to over do the water usually I give it at most 150 ml of water after I give it the weight test when I lift the pot. I notice with coco it doesn’t technically dry out like you’d see with soil. Hopefully someone will jump in and shed some light on what might be going on. The last picture I took is the first time I’ve ever seen my plant droopy usually it’s praying to the sun god. Thanks again for the help!

Top Bottom