Leaf Septoria or leaf burn?

• Thread starter GenieMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GenieMan

GenieMan

Hi guys I'm not to sure whats going on here. I remember in the tent it got in the upper 80's once or twice and I also got some drops of water on the plant which I think made those yellow marks cause they havent spread or gotten bigger. I now have leafs over the course of a day or so go from green to dry dry and crispy with faded green like its losing its green pigmentation. I thought mabye the leafs got burned when I spread the water out across the leafs and my oil from my hand maybe kept it thee idk. Not sure what to do? Im letting the pot completely dry out before watering and also starting bloom nutes maybe thatlll help? I also turned down my Vespectra P2500 to about 75%. It says in the book to have to at 100 at 22-26 inches which its at like 25. Any ideas? The last picture with the whole plant in view shows the yellow spots a different color which then turned yellow but haven't spread or gotten bigger.

Plants: Single Blueberry auto in a
Tent - 4 wide by x6.5 tall
Pot - 5 gallon pot
Soil - Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Light - Verspectra P2500 - 25 inches from canopy
Temp - Usally low 70's
Humidity - Mid 20's
Location - basement

Leaf septoria or leaf burn
Leaf septoria or leaf burn 2
Leaf septoria or leaf burn 3
Leaf septoria or leaf burn 4
Leaf septoria or leaf burn 5
Leaf septoria or leaf burn 6
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm not expert on soil or autos, but the white spots to me look like pest damage. Can you take a really close look at the bottom of the leaves for bugs like thrips?

Humidity of 25% will absolutely cause leaf curling and damage. Low 70's to 80 and 25% means VPD is waaay out to lunch.

GenieMan

GenieMan

Ya I was watering flooding the the whole top soil a few times cause I wanted the roots to spread out maybe that did it? I always thought the plant would wilt with leaves turning down if there was ever to much water which never happened. Idk...about to transplant the thing into a smaller 3 gallon pot maybe its a root issue?

GenieMan

GenieMan

Ya I looked on the spots and all I seen was pure white tricomes thats why I was thinking it was heat and theres no bite marks or anything. Ya I figured the humidity might be causing it might need to get a humidifer.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

One caution on these types - if you run tap water and use it a lot you will end up with white powder in your grow space. Not terrible, but not terribly healthy for humans to breathe that stuff. Using RO or Distilled water fixes it. It's the calcium and other minerals in the water being atomized and blasted into the fog stream and settling out. Don't confuse this with PM, it wipes right off the leaves like dust on your shelves.

GenieMan

GenieMan

Ahhh ok good to know and thanks! Ill have to buy some distilled then

Trixie

Trixie

The spots and leaf bronzing are from using hard water. FFOF and Happy Frog do better using RO or rainwater. Using a tap that's high in impurities will almost always cause problems. Here are some Ocean Forest plants in large containers. They only got rainwater from seed to the beginning of flowering. Just rainwater.
IMG 2155
IMG 2153

Trixie

Trixie

After flipping to 12/12 I switched to a very low dose of flowering nutrients with every watering—only 300 ppm. The plants produced some nice buds between the soil and the flowering nutrients mixed with rainwater.
IMG 3081
IMG 3083

GenieMan

GenieMan

Look nice but Ive always used tap to grow and this plant looked like this for the first 3 weeks. They then turned into that. I can try changing water though. Thanks for the input.

20221215 010000
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Im gonna say its from overwatering.

I just had the same thing on a Chemdog. I transplanted it from 2 to 5 gallon and wouldnt grow out of the 2 gallon rootball into the 5 gallon pot so i broke up the roots, and it shocked the plant and these same symptoms showed up after 2 weeks of sitting in wet soil trying to grow new roots. Let it dry out until the pot is light, them saturate all the soil and let it dry til its light again. Soil needs to have a wet/dry period.

Water and oxygen share the same space in the soil so when there is to much water, theres no oxygen for the plants to breath.

GenieMan

GenieMan

Ya gonna let it dry out again and like you said give it some good water.

GenieMan

GenieMan

So guys...I had to uproot it, ( sadly ) the damage was spreading and was pretty much on every leaf. Idk what happened? The only thing I can think of was really bad VDP which took the mosture ect. from the plant leafs which is maybe why those water droplets caused those burns so easily? Only a guess. Only thing that makes since. Coupled that with over watering to some degree. I left the humidifier on last night during sleepy time and the leafs were covered in alot of mist and the area where the damage was turned black with patches of goldish color. Idk if it was fungus or what not but Im thinking maybe it was the color of dead leaf cells? Idk. Ill take a pic soon. Im gonna start a new grow and make sure things are right this time around. Also, I checked the roots and there was no funny smell and the roots were white so rules that out. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So guys...I had to uproot it, ( sadly ) the damage was spreading and was pretty much on every leaf. Idk what happened? The only thing I can think of was really bad VDP which took the mosture ect. from the plant leafs which is maybe why those water droplets caused those burns so easily? Only a guess. Only thing that makes since. Coupled that with over watering to some degree. I left the humidifier on last night during sleepy time and the leafs were covered in alot of mist and the area where the damage was turned black with patches of goldish color. Idk if it was fungus or what not but Im thinking maybe it was the color of dead leaf cells? Idk. Ill take a pic soon. Im gonna start a new grow and make sure things are right this time around. Also, I checked the roots and there was no funny smell and the roots were white so rules that out. Thanks again for everyone's input.
I seriously doubt fungi involvement at 20% rh. Spores do not remain active at those levels.

Sounds like your rh shot well past where you wanted it to. You will likely need to invest in a control mechanism of some sort like an inkbird. I’d look really close at your entire environmental control situation and put a plan in place to match your budget.

Latest posts

Top Bottom