Leaf serrations curling up?

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

RH is most likely too low @Thejoeybrown
The rh was actually too high. Beleive it or not. Lol. It was up around 65-68 as I usually start running the deHuey sometimes after stretch. A couple people in this thread mentioned the transpiration thing and it could be high rh. I plugged in the deHuey and with in 2-3 days I saw a huge difference.

Nugteq

Nugteq

I'd have to agree that High RH combined with too close light equals this leaf serration week 4

My rh rocketed to 65-75% (timer issue with vent) and within 3 days I noticed this serration on all leaves. More so effected are plants that are too close to DE 1kw.

+1 for transpiration

Ecompost

Ecompost

ANY VETS OUT THERE TO TROUBLE SHOOT THIS>

I am raising the humidity right now, and flushing. Any one else please chime in on this so we can compare notes and find a solution. This is not taco/canoe leaf. its just the edges (for now). Leaves look healthy otherwise.
looks environmental, did the RH% raise help? I will read on anyway. VPD can have a dramatic impact and so keeping our plants temp in line with our RH% and CO2 rate is critical to perfect indoor growing.
I thought you grew with microbes? Arent you getting CO2 respiration from your micro fauna?

Ecompost

Ecompost

that is ehat and humidity related. i do not see a fan blowing over the top of them and under the light. if u put your hand right over those plants you will feel soem heat.
word, not forgetting of course that UV radiation passes through air without impacting temps and so the actual leaf temps might be a few degrees higher than the air. Try to get a laser thermometer and ping the leaf directly then the air, measure multiple points and take an average.

Ecompost

Ecompost

there is so much contradictory information here its hard to know where to begin, rather than try to convince people that climate change is not happening, here is some data and you can make your own minds up about VPD, but i would argue it was too low. (sorry the climate reference was about peoples inability to process data)
perhaps the mycophobians are in the building again with exaggerated mold risk woes?

Organikz

Organikz

there is so much contradictory information here its hard to know where to begin, rather than try to convince people that climate change is not happening, here is some data and you can make your own minds up about VPD, but i would argue it was too low. (sorry the climate reference was about peoples inability to process data)
perhaps the mycophobians are in the building again with exaggerated mold risk woes?
Mr @Ecompost please tell the fine gents what prevents mold on a healthy cannabis plant...could it be BIMs....

P

PharmHand

I'd have to agree that High RH combined with too close light equals this leaf serration week 4

My rh rocketed to 65-75% (timer issue with vent) and within 3 days I noticed this serration on all leaves. More so effected are plants that are too close to DE 1kw.

+1 for transpiration
I've definitely seen it from a fan aimed right at the affected tops. Too salty of a medium too can exacerbate as well. Physiological leaf roll can happen outdoors when it's been somewhat cool for extended periods like say in spring then you get a warm dry maybe windy day and they curl up. Lack of moisture in the tissue. Or too hot....

Ecompost

Ecompost

I've definitely seen it from a fan aimed right at the affected tops. Too salty of a medium too can exacerbate as well. Physiological leaf roll can happen outdoors when it's been somewhat cool for extended periods like say in spring then you get a warm dry maybe windy day and they curl up. Lack of moisture in the tissue. Or too hot....
yes, take a look at any tomato plant, these are highly susceptible to environmental change.
You might also add light or high UV, thus related heat, add this to a drier air, bingo, for me, i would raise RH%, lift lamp, monitor water loss, treat with a FACE leaf CO2 like Nano Breathe to help regulate stomata guard cells and boost Calcium, Mg and Fe levels to help counter the matter. Calcium to increase transport, Mag and Iron to boost photon receptor capacity.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Mr @Ecompost please tell the fine gents what prevents mold on a healthy cannabis plant...could it be BIMs....
at some point, people will make the connection between life and fungus mate. I am not sure how mycophobians might feel when they realize that all plants are in fact part fungus, and indeed, fungus is on your skin now, unless you wash in harsh chemicals that destroy it. It is however our first line of defense against toxins and I rather suspect the cosmectic industry knows that it is harming our outcomes by removing the ability for our own biome to prevent our illness:-)
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/theyre-all-part-fungus

Organikz

Organikz

at some point, people will make the connection between life and fungus mate. I am not sure how mycophobians might feel when they realize that all plants are in fact part fungus, and indeed, fungus is on your skin now, unless you wash in harsh chemicals that destroy it. It is however our first line of defense against toxins and I rather suspect the cosmectic industry knows that it is harming our outcomes by removing the ability for our own biome to prevent our illness:)
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/theyre-all-part-fungus
Yes humans are becoming weaker by nature. We don't have to live in harsh environments. Fight or flight doesnt even make sense to our brain anymore and is triggered by simple things.Antibiotics in our food is making our body reliant on them to produce antibodies or even making it so our body doesn't have to ability to produce it's own antibodies. Using antibacterial products is making people become sick more frequently.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
word, not forgetting of course that UV radiation passes through air without impacting temps and so the actual leaf temps might be a few degrees higher than the air. Try to get a laser thermometer and ping the leaf directly then the air, measure multiple points and take an average.
I love ultraviolet

IMG 20171224 153152 582
Ecompost

Ecompost

I love ultraviolet
bit of UV helps the plant get its shit together, but you might also get this effect from Mycos and then no one needs to sunburn plants to get higher density of trichomes from the related JAR/ SAR

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

The people who don't believe in man made global warming just are too hard headed to watch anything like that. Not all are stupid, but I do find the majority are older, male conservatives. It gets to me at times, but what can ya do?
As for the plant...That's rather normal, and more pronounced in some strains, but at week 4, you'r looking ok from that first pic I saw. You shouldn't lose much, if any yield at all. Light intensity, and humidity can play a factor. If your rh is real high, and don't have a dehumidifier around, just make sure you have a nice air flow. If thoes buds get real fat, ya don't wanna risk rot.

P

PharmHand

yes, take a look at any tomato plant, these are highly susceptible to environmental change.
You might also add light or high UV, thus related heat, add this to a drier air, bingo, for me, i would raise RH%, lift lamp, monitor water loss, treat with a FACE leaf CO2 like Nano Breathe to help regulate stomata guard cells and boost Calcium, Mg and Fe levels to help counter the matter. Calcium to increase transport, Mag and Iron to boost photon receptor capacity.
It might sound odd but I'll grab a leaf and pinch it between my fingers ,on the skin between that has no callus. A happy healthy leaf has a soft supple cool feel to it, an overfed or overdry leaf has a dry papery feel to it- even if it looks perfectly fine. It takes some getting used to but I can use it to get some cues as to the plants health before problems show

Ecompost

Ecompost

It might sound odd but I'll grab a leaf and pinch it between my fingers ,on the skin between that has no callus. A happy healthy leaf has a soft supple cool feel to it, an overfed or overdry leaf has a dry papery feel to it- even if it looks perfectly fine. It takes some getting used to but I can use it to get some cues as to the plants health before problems show
sounds like good sense to me, for sure we can pick up many things by feeling leaves :-)

Polarman4

Polarman4

The little triangular part of the outer edge of the leaf (the serrated area).. each one is individually curling up a LITTLE bit.

I think this is caused by heat stress, but I am running co2 at 1200 ppm, and at 82 degrees (at leaf surface). Humidity at %58...

Any thing else that may cause this? All my conditions seem right on.
I have the same issue with my lemon kush,both of them. I had to build another room slightly bigger than the last, going to flush in a few days,but I moved my lights up and spaced them out a little,hopefully that will help.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So my rh% is too high for my veg tent

568789F4 B552 467E 8673 CD72DD1DFA3B

And it’s the cause of this? Or has it more nutrient issues?

259B31D7 EDA4 4F33 9914 D5543D49C3B6

9572F5F9 6C68 44EB B167 C85290177960

I have some outside that started like this I believe but I think might have mites, but could it be related to lockout? I have three outside that look like this, in different stages from the one inside to the photos below

261BAE05 828A 4D4E B4DF BB377FFF3B2E

30DDA6CA B8C0 4BBA 8F89 638AB4F64CC4

3B38A1EE B2A3 4C21 B2CE F61A0CF8373A

1A13FE0B 7D00 4502 BD64 C4623601B3B5

I’m waiting for my microscope due in Thursday but just wanted as many opinions and plans in place depending on my results. Any input would be great. - sorry for jumping in on this thread like this

Ecompost

Ecompost

View attachment 807791

View attachment 807792

View attachment 807793

I have some outside that started like this I believe but I think might have mites, but could it be related to lockout? I have three outside that look like this, in different stages from the one inside to the photos below

View attachment 807794

View attachment 807795

View attachment 807796

View attachment 807797

I’m waiting for my microscope due in Thursday but just wanted as many opinions and plans in place depending on my results. Any input would be great. - sorry for jumping in on this thread like this
both environmental mate. Inside this is high in places, but that is dependent on the temps RH% so higher the temps, so must the RH% increase, This is a trifactor of vectors clashing together, these being Temps - RH% - CO2 If any one of these changes, so must the other two.

Mites happen because of a miss management of irrigation, try wetting the floor around the plants, mites dont like the wet, most really small insects dislike places they will drown in :)

Yellowing leaves can also be caused by over watering esp if it cold too, but its not as easy to say Nitrogen, since it could be Sulphur and or magnesium, Manganese, Iron and so on. Over watering in high RH% is bad practice, how can a plant balance its own energy when the roots are wet and so too the air? The plant cant loose water to wet air, vice versa it cant keep hydrated in dry air.

hope this helps

Last edited:
Ecompost

Ecompost

View attachment 807791

View attachment 807792

View attachment 807793

View attachment 807794

View attachment 807795

View attachment 807796

View attachment 807797

added, have a read of this, there is a video if you prefer to ingest data this way

Ecompost

Ecompost

if you heads are up to it, learning about energy balance is a good idea and will only improve your growing. Its not academically overwhelming, but it does demand some time and effort to understand, and a grasp of mathematics and physics beyond high school levels. This is not basic growing skills. There are heaps of things working on plants unseen all day. how plants manage internal balance is deeply fascinating as a topic but it can tie your head in bits considering all the vectors and outcomes.
I run a nutrient company, I can tell you very few problems are related to nutrients, rather more likely it is an inability for plants to manage the environment we have placed them in. They just cant get up and walk to the shade or go outside to warm up. It is up to us to understand if we grow inside, and adjust our heads not our nutrients first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom