Leaf Spiral

• Thread starter Savage Henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Hello all, tried searching this subject on here and couldn't turn up anything definitive. A bunch of leafs on my cinex x nw coffee ladies started spiraling on me when I transplanted a few days ago. I moved them from ~6in under an 8 bulb t5 to ~3 ft under a 1000w mh. There are some other strains in the veg room with them and none are ahowing the same traits. No change in light cycle time, ph, rh, and upped the feeding from 400ppm to 600ppm @ transplant.
I'm thinking light intensity stress.
Been fighting broad mites in other rooms but have been OCD about cleaning, sanitizing, changing clothes, etc.
Trying not to stress but it started on a few plants and now is on about 75% of this strain.
Has anyone else encountered this?
Pics below:
Leaf spiral
Leaf spiral 2

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Maybe getting close to answering my own question...
Worth mentioning that I've been using light doses of aspirin in the Rez (1 325mg tablet/4 gal) and once as a foliar (1/2 tab to 1 gal water). So maybe some hormone action which would explain the one leaf retards popping out.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Nope, they've been under 24hrs their whole life, only weird thing with lighting was for a day or two I had them 4-6 feet away (laterally) from the mh, and some were fairly shaded during that time. I've seen the single leaf action before on cuts I took early in flower and then reveged, but maybe this strain is particularly sensitive.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Nope, they've been under 24hrs their whole life, only weird thing with lighting was for a day or two I had them 4-6 feet away (laterally) from the mh, and some were fairly shaded during that time. I've seen the single leaf action before on cuts I took early in flower and then reveged, but maybe this strain is particularly sensitive.
Interesting, I'm curious if it will throw any single smooth edge leaves after the leaf curl.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Funny you say that, they were throwing smooth edges and some preflowers when I first got them from my clone guy, maybe the douchebag took the cuts in flower, or they just lost their goddamn minds from being in a dark paper bag in my trunk for an hour.
Nice potm shot, by the way. I dig those red colors.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Funny you say that, they were throwing smooth edges and some preflowers when I first got them from my clone guy, maybe the douchebag took the cuts in flower, or they just lost their goddamn minds from being in a dark paper bag in my trunk for an hour.
Nice potm shot, by the way. I dig those red colors.
Thanks bro.
That answers the question. They went from Vege to bloom then back to Vege lol. Set you back 2-3 weeks.

HiGro

HiGro

Looks like a PH issue too I've had the same curling twisting spirals as your pic, straighten out the PH ...straighten out your leaves :)

X

xyzsoup

Your light cycle f'd them up.
They started to rejuvinate
They went into flower then back into veg...happens all the time in big light deps..just put them on a 18/6 cycle of light ...spray with humboldt verde once a day.when it starts to put off the right leafs then pluck the sprial leafs and single leafs and 3 leafers

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Thanks all for the insights, think I figured it out. They were doing some weird shit when I first got my hands on them but I'm hesitant to lay blame on my clone guy b/c I'm pretty sure I put em over the edge being a wimp about tapering them into the mh room from the t5 room and left them in too much shade for too long.
Last week I trimmed off all the little resinous calyxs that formed and tried something new: removed just the lousy growth tips from the undercarriage like in your typical lolly popping but left on a bunch of the lower healthy fan leaves. They were extremely grateful and took the F off.
So gonna drop em from 24hrs to 18 tomorrow and then flip em in like 5 days.
So glad I joined the farm, I've found some invaluable info on here which has led me to this point: these are the biggest, healthiest girls I'll be putting into flower that I can remember. Drinking quite a bit. I'll have the drip manifold built by flip (hopefully) and then it's off to the races.

DesertGrower420

DesertGrower420

Not reveg issues guys I promise it has to do with head or light stress. Had my light to close to some seedlings I popped and the 2nd or 3rd node got the same effect. I corrected it and back to normal mine are under 24 hours light as seedlings aswell.

Top Bottom