Leaf spots

• Thread starter Toakchillz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toakchillz

Toakchillz

Sorry I’m new to this so may posted in the wrong place ! But my glue gelato auto is just finished week 3 and I have small spots on it , any idea what this is ??

Leaf spots
Leaf spots 2
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

More info needed, you in coco? Are you phing feeds and are you using a cal mag supplement

Toakchillz

Toakchillz

More info needed, you in coco? Are you phing feeds and are you using a cal mag supplement

hey dude I'm growing in biobizz light mix and use grow/bloom/topmax at the moment
they are biobizz products
today is the end of week 3 .
i water it every 2-3 days depends how dry it is ,

Toakchillz

Toakchillz

also i may add they are the first big leaves on the plant from the bottom

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's hard to say what the spots are from, but the plant looks pretty good overall. Go easy on the nutes. You are feeding a 3 week old plant like it is in a hot dog eating championship!😀
As long as the new growth looks good, I wouldn't worry too much as they are looking good currently, IMHO.

Toakchillz

Toakchillz

It's hard to say what the spots are from, but the plant looks pretty good overall. Go easy on the nutes. You are feeding a 3 week old plant like it is in a hot dog eating championship!😀
As long as the new growth looks good, I wouldn't worry too much as they are looking good currently, IMHO.
yea i did drop the amount on the nutrients as i have read before that it isn't too good for the plant.
i have ordered some mag cal hopefully thats the problem. time will tell i guess but she looks okay imo !

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
i have ordered some mag cal hopefully thats the problem. time will tell i guess but she looks okay imo !
Why do you think you need Cal-Mag for a plant that is so young? The pot size it is in should have plenty of reserves in it for a smaller plant. Do you use RO or distilled water? If not, Cal-Mag probably won't help and may start causing lockouts if you use it too much by altering Ph. Once Ph is skewed, then you need to treat the medium for Ph issues... one thing leads to another and you will spend eternity chasing your tail. At some point, Cal-Mag might be needed, but you probably have plenty of nutrition at hand. The new growth looks great... if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it! This advice is especially true in growing, as imagined problems can cause real ones. As long as it is growing well and robustly, then you are on the right path regardless of what you thought you read on some blog about needing exotic stuff to have great buds.

Toakchillz

Toakchillz

I would start watering the whole pot to make it start putting out roots wider and deeper
thank you and yes the last couple waters i have been watering it all over with 0.8 litre , is that plenty water ?

Toakchillz

Toakchillz

Why do you think you need Cal-Mag for a plant that is so young? The pot size it is in should have plenty of reserves in it for a smaller plant. Do you use RO or distilled water? If not, Cal-Mag probably won't help and may start causing lockouts if you use it too much by altering Ph. Once Ph is skewed, then you need to treat the medium for Ph issues... one thing leads to another and you will spend eternity chasing your tail. At some point, Cal-Mag might be needed, but you probably have plenty of nutrition at hand. The new growth looks great... if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it! This advice is especially true in growing, as imagined problems can cause real ones. As long as it is growing well and robustly, then you are on the right path regardless of what you thought you read on some blog about needing exotic stuff to have great buds.
i did see other picture that look similar to mine that had a deficiency in mag ,what do u mean by RO , i use just tap water and bubble that little before adding nutrients , yea it does seem to be growing okay so i will keep an eye on it .

mancorn

mancorn

Reverse osmosis. Removes everything from your water, including minerals, but not relevant to you, and you're probably fine with no shortage of Cal/Mag. Just look at your fertilizer bottle, most contain both.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Are you already using the Top Max? If so drop it, it is a bloom booster it is not necessary at this point in your grow. I always recommend the Bio-Heaven from Bio-Bizz, that is an amazing product and will go a long way in keeping your plants healthy. Its not a cheap product, but it is worth the money.

Those spots may simply be from water splashing up onto the leaves when you water, any places that stay wet for an extended period of time will often show signs of damage that are often mistaken for deficiencies. Keep your eyes on the new growth, if you continue to see the spotting you will need to make adjustments, but if the spotting ceases then you are doing just fine.

Dondank

Dondank

Hey guys im new to growing and wanted to follow this thread to learn everything I can.

I was wondering why you clipped those leaves to look like that. Is that a certain growing technique?

BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

Start of a calcium def but that can be caused by a lockout from excess nutrients or PH too high or low.

Toakchillz

Toakchillz

Are you already using the Top Max? If so drop it, it is a bloom booster it is not necessary at this point in your grow. I always recommend the Bio-Heaven from Bio-Bizz, that is an amazing product and will go a long way in keeping your plants healthy. Its not a cheap product, but it is worth the money.

Those spots may simply be from water splashing up onto the leaves when you water, any places that stay wet for an extended period of time will often show signs of damage that are often mistaken for deficiencies. Keep your eyes on the new growth, if you continue to see the spotting you will need to make adjustments, but if the spotting ceases then you are doing just fine.
yea i dropped the topmax on todays feed i will bring that back maybe in 2-3 weeks i think .
okay i will keep an eye on that from now on just incase its something silly like that .

Toakchillz

Toakchillz

Hey guys im new to growing and wanted to follow this thread to learn everything I can.

I was wondering why you clipped those leaves to look like that. Is that a certain growing technique?
nothing is clipped on this plant ,thats just it naturally growing .

Top Bottom