Leaf symptoms (Nutrient deficiency or TMV?)

• Thread starter ElBorracho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ElBorracho

Hey guys,

new here and a first time grower! Been having these weird symptoms which are slowly appearing on all my plants (different strains). Since I'm a newbie I don't really know what I'm dealing with but from the looks it could be TMV, worst case scenario. I'm using NPK 6-3-5 fertilizer (organic), measured soil Ph~6
Leaf symptoms nutrient deficiency or tmv
Leaf symptoms nutrient deficiency or tmv 2
Leaf symptoms nutrient deficiency or tmv 3
Leaf symptoms nutrient deficiency or tmv 4

B

Bdubs

Calcium deficiency mixed with some yellowing, magnesium deficiency.

CalMag supplement should do the trick.

In soil, cal mag is one of the most supplemented nutrients.

Magnesium is critical for chlorophyll just as much as nitrogen. Which helps more photosynthesis to have the green pigment.

Calcium is critical for enzyme activity, cell wall structure and balance of natural acids to name a few.

Anyone else seeing calcium magnesium deficiency?

E

ElBorracho

That second picture looks to be his actual issue. But where did those leafs come from because the other two pictures have healthy leafs?
My bad, I didn't really structure it well. The first three fotos are all of the same plant, the last on is a younger one I planted which is slowly starting to show "spots". The cut leaves are from my oldest plant right now which developed more symptoms, pretty much overnight:
WhatsApp Image 2024 04 11 at 1705061
WhatsApp Image 2024 04 11 at 170506

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Can i ask what this is

I cropped it from your pic

Is it water droplets
Kinda looks like it’s got black stuff on it and It would be good to rule that out if it’s just water droplets

Btw organic grows don’t need to be ph’d it’s a total waste of time & money

F04D101E 05D2 49B1 A8D3 5735514FDF60
Mothman

Mothman

I partially agree, looks like classic calcium deficiency. I don’t see clear cut Mg def, but since they work together I’d just add cal mag containing a Ca:Mg ratio of about 3:1

E

ElBorracho

Can i ask what this is

I cropped it from your pic

Is it water droplets
Kinda looks like it’s got black stuff on it and It would be good to rule that out if it’s just water droplets

Btw organic grows don’t need to be ph’d it’s a total waste of time & money
Just water ^^

E

ElBorracho

I ordered some CalMag, as suggested but more leaves are now getting affected really fast and I'm afraid it could die off before I can really do something. I guess we'll see and learn
Calcium deficiency mixed with some yellowing, magnesium deficiency.

CalMag supplement should do the trick.

In soil, cal mag is one of the most supplemented nutrients.

Magnesium is critical for chlorophyll just as much as nitrogen. Which helps more photosynthesis to have the green pigment.

Calcium is critical for enzyme activity, cell wall structure and balance of natural acids to name a few.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I very much doubt it will die
Cannabis is a hardly plant it can withstand a lot

If it is a cali deficiency and I must admit I’m not sure it is half looks like your watering practices and or a fert issue still I’ll digress, it will take a long time to recover expect it to get worse before it gets better the damaged fan won’t recover however it won’t die

Is that coir your in or soil

E

ElBorracho

I very much doubt it will die
Cannabis is a hardly plant it can withstand a lot

If it is a cali deficiency and I must admit I’m not sure it is half looks like your watering practices and or a fert issue still I’ll digress, it will take a long time to recover expect it to get worse before it gets better the damaged fan won’t recover however it won’t die

Is that coir your in or soil
It's soil, lightly fertilized. I only watered to every other day, when it fehlt dry for the Forst 3cm. I got some pests but trying to keep it unser Control with fly traps

R

RGWD0202

It's soil, lightly fertilized. I only watered to every other day, when it fehlt dry for the Forst 3cm. I got some pests but trying to keep it unser Control with fly traps
Could be a pest issue, but agree with the cal deficiency. What pests are you seeing kind of looks like spider mites.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Ah right

When soil gets to dry it drinks the nutes in the soil the bottom fan leaf looks like that happed

Adding cali mg won’t do any harm and you may well have a cali problem as well.

Bugs eh

Well I’ll hazzard a guess you got gnats as I can’t see bug damage and your saying you have been catching them in sticky traps witch would point towards gnats

Try nematodes they do no damage and will eat the larva ending the gnats life cycle

Seller and information ( you can buy them in various places if not uk try eBay or Amazon )

B

Bdubs

And Magnesium for liquid supplement to help correct Sulfur

Google search for Sulfur in organic soil. Sandy, low organic matter soil will show sulfur deficiencies.

Add sulphur in an inorganic form with a fertilizer containing magnesium, Epsom salts for hydro, and kieserite in soil

B

Bdubs

It is more for organic soils and if you don’t want to use liquid salts for supplement.

If organic fertilising is preferred, composted mushroom fertilisers, and fertilisers from animal sources can be used.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I misread that you were watering every other day and only letting it dry to 3cm

When soil gets to dry it drinks the nutes in the soil the bottom fan leaf looks like that happed
Disregard above as your watering to often witch does cause problems, you need to let them dry all the way down then water roughly you should be watering every 3-5 days

Sulfur. Sorry.

Lol you made me read the whole thread again 😆

Sulphur huh that’s rare even for organics however it does look like it.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
hi again

I just wanted to make sure you understand the overwatering before I hit the sack for some needed sleep as it is detrimental to the plant

By keeping the soil wet at the bottom witch by only letting it dry 3cm before watering and doing so every other day the roots won’t be able to breathe and the roots will be drowning, slowing down growth and promoting fungi like root rot

they like a wet dry cycle
Water slowly till you start to see run off then stop making sure it’s not running out to fast because your pouring to quickly. you don’t want to much run of with organics

Try to get used to the weight of a dry pot vs one that’s still has water in it, if the soils dry it will feel very light

Also it will explain your gnat problem if that’s what they are. Gnats love the smell of rotten organic matter keeping it wet attractics them more

D

DougV

On the yellow spots:

Do you hand water? If so, does your water have a mild nutrient solution or is your water high in dissolved solids, aka hard water? Finally, do you water at a time your lights will be own for awhile?

This looks like burn from water. If you water early in the light on time, drops can sit on some leaves. Light evaporates the water and as it does so the level of dissolved materials increase to where you end up burning leaves. Bunch of easy solutions, if you think this can be the problem. Use a watering can with a long thin spout, no drip head, so you can insure water does not stand on leaves. Increase ventilation, even seedlings appreciate air movement, which strengthens stalk and prevents standing droplets. Keep leaves from touching anything, other leaves, sides of tents or pots, basically insure adequate ventilation between all plants. Shake limbs after watering to shake water droplets off.

I’ll attach a photo of a leaf I know was caused by water damage. Hopefully the slight curl on the edge is clear. It’s just caused by water damage to the very edge of the leaf.

Doug

IMG 0664

Latest posts

Top Bottom