Leaf Taco!!

• Thread starter BabyFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

Cal/Mag?

Yesterday, she got rained on. The wife took her out - when I got home I felt the soil and it was good and wet. She's had a ton of water in the past week.

She is lightening up a bit too...

I've yet to give her anything but tap water at a PH of 6 (I dunno the PH of the rainwater). 300 ppm inherently. *I did use lemon juice during transplant on Tuesday to lower PH --that watering was 500ppm--

So, what does anyone think?

Leaf taco
Leaf taco 2
Leaf taco 3
BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

Heat stress... its been super hot so we've all been experiencing it.. :D Move em to a shady spot.

My 5 gallon pot wasn't draining. I drilled some holes in the bottom and the water that drained measured 2600ppm. The PH was fine at 6.7 -- which is coming down from the 7.3 last Tuesdays shower dropped in.

My question is which is worse--- more water or 2600ppm?

mancorn

mancorn

Thatā€™s super high. Do a ā€œpour throughā€ test, and flush if itā€™s that high.
742A1296 ABC7 4C01 9091 17834636FD7A

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

That's exactly what I was wondering. I will say that the soil is "brand new" in a bag and came from a pro grower who knew exactly what I was trying to do -- but I'm certain that it's got some "enrichment" including 20%+ Perlite.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

My 5 gallon pot wasn't draining. I drilled some holes in the bottom and the water that drained measured 2600ppm. The PH was fine at 6.7 -- which is coming down from the 7.3 last Tuesdays shower dropped in.

My question is which is worse--- more water or 2600ppm?
ļ¼ˆ1ļ¼‰IT MUST BE WATERING, u re 5 gallon pot ļ¼Ÿ
ļ¼ˆ2ļ¼‰Ur plant is still in the early veg with soil, the best way to do this is to use a nutrient solution once, and then use a water , better keep the run off of ppm not more than 500 ,in this earlier Veg.

ļ¼ˆ4ļ¼‰And now you have a little bit of nutrient burning, although it looks like a light burning, it is actually a nutrient solution burning.
ļ¼ˆ5ļ¼‰Your symptoms have nothing to do with calmag ,it's just a little bit of heat stress, but it's not a big problem.

ļ¼ˆ6ļ¼‰In these days, you can adjust the distance of the light a little higher and the pH of run off should be controlled at 5.8-6.0 at this stage.

ļ¼ˆ7ļ¼‰To see if the leaves of plant are in the state of "praying" when u turn on the light 怂

20200711 065034
JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

ļ¼ˆ1ļ¼‰IT MUST BE WATERING, u re 5 gallon pot ļ¼Ÿ
ļ¼ˆ2ļ¼‰Ur plant is still in the early veg with soil, the best way to do this is to use a nutrient solution once, and then use a water , better keep the run off of ppm not more than 500 ,in this earlier Veg.

ļ¼ˆ4ļ¼‰And now you have a little bit of nutrient burning, although it looks like a light burning, it is actually a nutrient solution burning.
ļ¼ˆ5ļ¼‰Your symptoms have nothing to do with calmag ,it's just a little bit of heat stress, but it's not a big problem.

ļ¼ˆ6ļ¼‰In these days, you can adjust the distance of the light a little higher and the pH of run off should be controlled at 5.8-6.0 at this stage.

ļ¼ˆ7ļ¼‰To see if the leaves of plant are in the state of "praying" when u turn on the light 怂
i made a mistake , make sure ur pH stays in the right range ļ¼ˆ6-7 pH ļ¼‰in soilļ¼Œit will be fine

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

Note: I've added no nutes. In fact, I haven't even purchaced any.

If you open a fresh bag of Fox Farm happy frog soil, fill a five gallon bucket. Add, in rain water that measured 700ppm (according to bird bath fill)- stew it for a week in 95Ā°F sun. - then drill a hole in the bottom --- how many ppm would that run off show?

The guy I got the soil from said this soil is slightly "richer" than happy frog --- and what they transplant into all the time.

The first thing I did was take a cup of my soil and a cup of my water supply - tap
- lowered PH to 6.0
- measured ppm of water at 300
- added water to soil

Here are the photos I took of those results.
20200706 071125
20200706 071036

20200711 065021
Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
You should use reverse osmosis water for a slurry test, and let it "steep" usually stirring/using air stones to create movement on the surface of the water.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
You should use reverse osmosis water for a slurry test, and let it "steep" usually stirring/using air stones to create movement on the surface of the water.
You want your ro water to give you an "idea" of the content of your soil !

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Note: I've added no nutes. In fact, I haven't even purchaced any.

If you open a fresh bag of Fox Farm happy frog soil, fill a five gallon bucket. Add, in rain water that measured 700ppm (according to bird bath fill)- stew it for a week in 95Ā°F sun. - then drill a hole in the bottom --- how many ppm would that run off show?

The guy I got the soil from said this soil is slightly "richer" than happy frog --- and what they transplant into all the time.

The first thing I did was take a cup of my soil and a cup of my water supply - tap
- lowered PH to 6.0
- measured ppm of water at 300
- added water to soil

Here are the photos I took of those results.View attachment 1000174View attachment 1000175

Yeah its not nute burn.. Hes wrong..

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

You want your ro water to give you an "idea" of the content of your soil !

I get that but I won't have access to ro water for 6 months. Tap is all I have for now.

The tap runs 300ppm at a PH of 7.2 .--- 2ml/gal of PH dow will lower my PH to 5.8
Yeah its not nute burn.. Hes wrong..

You think I need to flush all my soil or just keep watching and testing?

She's lightened up a bunch and still growing strong. Here she is this morn.
20200714 064322
20200714 064254

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I would stop constantly adjusting the PH and just use the tap water as is.. I've been using mine at PH 7 and not fucking with it at all and my plants are thriving more so when it stopped exceeding 90F days but lol

I'd just keep watering and let the soil do what its intended don't flush out those nutes there organic there not salts there not burning your plant..

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

I would stop constantly adjusting the PH and just use the tap water as is.. I've been using mine at PH 7 and not fucking with it at all and my plants are thriving more so when it stopped exceeding 90F days but lol

I'd just keep watering and let the soil do what its intended don't flush out those nutes there organic there not salts there not burning your plant..

I tend to want to believe what I see when I look at the plant --- which has been solid short of 100 degree days and 2 gallons of water just sitting in the bottom of my 5 gallon pot steeping for a week.

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

I tend to want to believe what I see when I look at the plant --- which has been solid short of 100 degree days and 2 gallons of water just sitting in the bottom of my 5 gallon pot steeping for a week.

I really want to see what she looks like a bit thirsty.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I get that but I won't have access to ro water for 6 months. Tap is all I have for now.

The tap runs 300ppm at a PH of 7.2 .--- 2ml/gal of PH dow will lower my PH to 5.8

You think I need to flush all my soil or just keep watching and testing?

She's lightened up a bunch and still growing strong. Here she is this morn.View attachment 1000179View attachment 1000180
Distilled water works the same as RO water

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

Let the pot completely dry out :D Which is what you should be doing anyway.

Well, now that she can drain some water off, maybe I can get her to dry up a bit.
Distilled water works the same as RO water

Really? Sounds good...

I've read tons of people who swear by just using tap --- as long as it is decent water...

But I can get distilled if it will be a serious upgrade.

What is the PH of distilled water?

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

Well, now that she can drain some water off, maybe I can get her to dry up a bit.

Really? Sounds good...

I've read tons of people who swear by just using tap --- as long as it is decent water...

But I can get distilled if it will be a serious upgrade.

What is the PH of distilled water?
7... duh-- makes sense.

Top Bottom