Leaf tips twisting..

• Thread starter Hippogator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hippogator

Hippogator

Anyone have guesses as to what might be causing slight leaf tip twisting? Here's some pics...

Happyfrog, Bio-Grow/bloom, Recharge, Sunlight....and Regalia sometimes.

I'm thinkin it might be maybe the first sign of maybe root aphids, it's in a 15 gallon smarty though...Not taking it out to look. Might just hit it with Beauvaria a time or two.

Leaf tips twisting
Leaf tips twisting 2
Leaf tips twisting 3
Last edited:
Hippogator

Hippogator

id keep a eye on the heat stress,they will twist from that also
Yea that's true. These are outdoor plants though, they should be completely acclimated to the weather here.

It's probably been a highest of 91 degrees here the past few weeks, but we did just have like 3 days of overcast 70 degree days (very unusual for mid June) The greenhouse also has roll-up sides so it doesn't get any hotter than actual outside temps.

Thanks for the input!

IMG 158456217984F
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

depends on strain really,91 is hot,almost to the point of the plant shutting down on some strains ive grown,i just put 50% shade cloth over them from 2 to 4 take it off helps from downward direct heat,im looking at the serated leaves not the twist,

Hippogator

Hippogator

depends on strain really,91 is hot,almost to the point of the plant shutting down on some strains ive grown,i just put 50% shade cloth over them from 2 to 4 take it off helps from downward direct heat,im looking at the serated leaves not the twist,
I understand what you are saying, but this plant is thriving with growth; it just has a little leaf twistibg. Could be that it is slightly less receptive to the heat than her cousins are like you said.

Hippogator

Hippogator

+1 on the heat stress. Direct sunlight on a 90° day will toast the roots. Try shading the smart pot.
I agree with that when plants are in plastic pots, but polyester frabic pots don't conduct heat like that. And the plants are big enough that they actually shade the whole pot most of the day anyway.

Not saying you're wrong, just presenting the info.

Madbud

Madbud

I agree with that when plants are in plastic pots, but polyester frabic pots don't conduct heat like that. And the plants are big enough that they actually shade the whole pot most of the day anyway.

Not saying you're wrong, just presenting the info.
Simple way to check soil temp is with a thermometer. Frankly they don’t look bad.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I understand what you are saying, but this plant is thriving with growth; it just has a little leaf twistibg. Could be that it is slightly less receptive to the heat than her cousins are like you said.
ive had some from the same breed i made myself,be completly difrent in all ways possible,just blew me away the difrence in phenos,one was pink and pine tree structure,other was a bush and purple in cooler weather,smoke ,high all that the same,but growing it was like a twilight zone,the tall pine tree was a nutrient hog ,the bushy one didnt like any kind of pushing,just water about it.
then on another strain i mixed,blue dream and acupoco gold,i raised them 2 girls in triples digit heat and breed them right in the middle of hurricane harvey,winds 65 mph had a slight bend in one of the plant said and done,both plants finished outdoors and i did like i mentioned and covered from 2 to 4 and took cloth on and off daily made it fine,had same serated leaves as you have ,but didnt harm plant at all,smoke turned out crazy im talking about there is no training them ,bitchs be bush like a 80's chic,crazy ass growth hahah,i finally made my mind up ,there outdoor only plants hahahah,grew them twice both times gangly

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looking closely at those photos i do see some “white spots” maybe mites?
a little too much nutes can started twisting, deformed growth.

Hippogator

Hippogator

looking closely at those photos i do see some “white spots” maybe mites?
a little too much nutes can started twisting, deformed growth.
This plant is virtually bug free save for a sparse aphid here and there. Could be an overdose of nutes, but it's odd that it would be appesring now because it's been gettin the same regiment for a pretty good while.

I've given her a dose of Beauvaria to knock down any potential root aphids. Gonna hit her again in a couple days and see how she does after that.

Top Bottom