Leaf Twist

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

I've been growing this strain now for about a year. It is a Blue Dream x Holy Grail Kush and was bred by a woman here in Maine I believe. I love the strain but it does this weird twist in its fan leaves (which can be 10"+). I was thinking that it was due to the color of my lights so I grew it under other colors and still got the twist. Changed my soil mix around and still got the twist. I figure it is fully genetic now but anyone seen anything similar? I know GG4 has a twist but I don't think it looks like this. Any insight?
Leaf twist
Leaf twist 2

View attachment GW CS8PM1.PM - OSLON SSL 80 (EnglishDeutsch)-1074046.pdf
Homesteader

Homesteader

No soil but I check my mixes for pH and they run about 6.2-6.5. The plants are perfectly healthy and I don't think it effects anything but seems abnormal to say the least. Ive never grown Blue Dream or Holy Grail however but never seen any threads about it other than GG4

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

How's the fans in the room. They powerful and blow the girls around and leaves touching?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I have a good amount of fans but nothing that I would call excessive on any of the plants. Grown it in a few rooms and all get the twist. I'm fairly sure it is genetic. pH swings I've had seem to curl only one direction. I also grow Sour Power in the same rooms with the same soil without getting any twisting.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

K. Oh. How about the temp of the water you fed your plants

Homesteader

Homesteader

I just fill a 5 gal bucket and bring it in. I don't check the temp but I guess maybe on the cold side. Maybe Ill have to start checking. This is the bud in flower. Twist happens a bit on the bud leaves but mainly in the large fan leaves. I love the strain and think it may be a sign of elite. I essentially mono crop with this strain now because I love it so much.
IMG 20180402 120704

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

You dont want your water temp lower than 70° that could be it

Fantastic bud shot btw

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

No soil but I check my mixes for pH and they run about 6.2-6.5. The plants are perfectly healthy and I don't think it effects anything but seems abnormal to say the least. Ive never grown Blue Dream or Holy Grail however but never seen any threads about it other than GG4
ive got a twist from blue dream myself,nothing to that extint,i found every time i try to move um along and give a little extra,twist the leaves,i decided to try on a water only soil grow using kelp4less soil cutter starter,when i just watered them no twist,the blue dream acts like a landrace when it comes to feeding,but i turn blue dream has been crossed with just about every thing,ive never grown gg4 or even tasted it,but homies that have has sent pics of same structure of the blue dream,just gangly as hell plant knodes shoot from every were,hard as hell to train,shoots come out every were,love the smoke just dont like the grow work involved

Observationist

Observationist

It’s definitely either or a combination of

incorrect PH

heat stress

light intensity stress

too much light for too long

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
ive got a twist from blue dream myself,nothing to that extint,i found every time i try to move um along and give a little extra,twist the leaves,i decided to try on a water only soil grow using kelp4less soil cutter starter,when i just watered them no twist,the blue dream acts like a landrace when it comes to feeding,but i turn blue dream has been crossed with just about every thing,ive never grown gg4 or even tasted it,but homies that have has sent pics of same structure of the blue dream,just gangly as hell plant knodes shoot from every were,hard as hell to train,shoots come out every were,love the smoke just dont like the grow work involved
Sounds genetic to me. Harvest a different genetic line every cycle (28 day) same everything except PPM and some lines have very unique traits. @oldskol4evr Ive got some GG4 at 7 weeks of flower and everything you said is dead on accurate. Tested my training patience for sure.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Whenever I grow the Purple Kush seeds I have they do the same thing. Only strain that does it, as I've run another strain at the same time, and others under same conditions ,so I figured it was just genetic.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

It’s definitely either or a combination of

incorrect PH

heat stress

light intensity stress

too much light for too long
It’s definitely genetic according to the many intelligent posts in this 3 year old thread.

You have quite the ironic screen name if the last couple days is indicative of your attention to detail.

Observationist

Observationist

It’s definitely genetic according to the many intelligent posts in this 3 year old thread.

You have quite the ironic screen name if the last couple days is indicative of your attention to detail.
Genetics can cause this sure, but so can those 3 other things.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Lol. I've got to start looking at the original date. I've commented on 3 or 4 in the last week that people have brought to the front page 🤣

Observationist

Observationist

Lol. I've got to start looking at the original date. I've commented on 3 or 4 in the last week that people have brought to the front page 🤣
It’d help if I read everything in the thread lol

Homesteader

Homesteader

All good and I no longer run this strain although I do think it had something to do with genetics it certainly could have also been influenced by an outside variable because my soil is pretty rich and the spike or pH may have caused some of it. Never seen any other strain do that much twisting though. Anyhow thanks for the responses on an old thread. It was a great strain and was fun while it lasted(can't recall why I stopped but I assume I wanted more variety after time and lost the mother for some reason) happens to me a lot

Top Bottom